• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adult Swim Games is becoming the next big indie-friendly publisher [Updated for 2016]

Looks like a bullet hell
Wonder what gave that impressions? :p

Yeah, I had played the beta a while back and it's really fun. Crazy abstract visuals, a suprising amount of customization in your loadout and skills, and an insane amount of bullets to dodge.

gappvembe

if my game doesn't end up on consoles I'll leave showbiz for good.

Great to hear. I backed this on the hope it comes to consoles. The main reason I wanted to join neogaf was because you were so active in participating in the Ghost Song thread (that's how I found out about the game [and now finally I'm a member. So let me say, can't wait to play. It looks great])!

Jobbs

Banned
Great to hear. I backed this on the hope it comes to consoles. The main reason I wanted to join neogaf was because you were so active in participating in the Ghost Song thread (that's how I found out about the game [and now finally I'm a member. So let me say, can't wait to play. It looks great])!

that's good to hear. thank you :)

Duck Game just launched on Steam today
http://store.steampowered.com/app/312530

Plus we'll have Death's Gambit, Rain World and Rise & Shine at the Indie MIX at E3
http://www.mediaindieexchange.com/event/e3-2015/

Death's Gambit will also have a presence at E3 at IndieCade's booth (#601, South Hall) as part of the IndieCade Showcase @ E3.

I also hear there are more things coming soon. :)

I tried Duck Game at Pax East and it was a ton of fun, it reminded me of the way that Hotline Miami hooks you with fast paced game play and makes you want to keep playing.

I think a big part of that is how quickly you can start the next match as its not as punishing as games with really long load screens between matches.

Noogy

They've got an incredible lineup, and I've been very impressed. I've seriously considered contacting them myself.

Santar

ynlVWNl.jpg
Don't forget Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe!
Such an addictive puzzle platform game. Great gameplay, tight controls and a lovely colorful visual style. Reminds me of 90's arcade games.

Looks like Adult Swim picked up another game

Wasted - 2016
Get wasted, or get wasted trying in WASTED, a roguelike post-apocalyptic pub crawler. Fight tooth and nail, bullets and baseball bats in search of Booze, gain strange mutational Hangovers, and explore the Coolers in search of powerful weapons, armor, and a nice stiff drink to top it all off.
ss_72b17c6254ff6b41650513b2b0f6209b2cc8a63c.600x338.jpg
ss_9fb4228292d2687c078a3080c2a8107f7220ede1.600x338.jpg

---

Rain World is going to be playable at PAX Prime, here's a galley of new GIFs
But for the full experience, check out the HD video clips. Especially this one, the sound effects are so alien and otherworldly

---

New Death's Gambit GIFs

Kyuur

Adult Swim has always been great with this, I remember glowing reviews for them back when I was working on flash games too. Very developer friendly, hope they see a lot of success.

Wasn't Paranautical Activity supposed to be published by Adult Swim as well? I think there was a scandal with Steam not allowing them to get on steam and having to go through greenlight which made the PA devs drop the publishing deal, but I might be wrong.

PA was going to be published by Adult Swim, but because it was already on Steam Greenlight, Valve blocked the publishing and forced them to get approved through Greenlight in order to get on Steam. At one point, they were exchanging free copies of the game for confirmed Greenlight votes.

Eventually, they got greenlit, and the day the game was supposed to be released, they were not put on the front page, I think for several hours. Essentially, they ended up missing out on some of the peak sales hours on their launch day. One of the creators of the game had a meltdown on Twitter, when he said something along the lines of "I'm going to kill Gabe Newell." Within hours, the game was removed from Steam.

SuperMega

Neo Member
We'll have a new Rise & Shine demo on the Adult Swim booth at PAX too. Go check it out together with the other great games there!

Flying-robot-combat_SMALL.gif

KHlover

Banned
Screw Indie games, where's my Rick and Morty Point and Klick adventure developed by Daedalus Games? Get kracking on THAT, adult swim.

Sorry if already answered, but curious what some of the standouts were for already released Adult Swim published games. I've played Jazzpunk and loved that, outside of that I think Burrito Bison is the only other one I played, so def looking for some recommends.

Sorry if already answered, but curious what some of the standouts were for already released Adult Swim published games. I've played Jazzpunk and loved that, outside of that I think Burrito Bison is the only other one I played, so def looking for some recommends.
Volgarr The Viking is one of the best recent 2D action games you'll play. Hard as nails and so so good

Haven't played it, but Duck Game is supposed to be fantastic and has godlike netcode for online multiplayer

Westerado is awesome, an open world western murder mystery with tons of charm and an excellent soundtrack

Volgarr The Viking is one of the best recent 2D action games you'll play. Hard as nails and so so good

Haven't played it, but Duck Game is supposed to be fantastic and has godlike netcode for online multiplayer

Westerado is awesome, an open world western murder mystery with tons of charm and an excellent soundtrack

True words all around. I plan to get Duck Game soon too, when I have time to play it.

Headlander is looking good too.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1102831

Excellent, thanks.

JPS Kai

I fell in love with Death's Gambit when I got to check it out at an indie showcase at E3. Even found some bugs the devs didn't know about!

wouwie

Damn, just found out that Rise & Shine is not coming to PS4? Must have changed quite recently since they are still mentioning "next generation consoles" on their website? What a bummer... That seems such a promising game and i had it in my "games to watch" list. I guess i'll have to buy it on pc then.

Top Bottom