• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time 3DS Game? [Update2: Yes! DS and 3DS!]

SmithnCo

Man, an RPG would be great too. Actually if the game switched the mechanics around from time to time it would capture some of the wackiness of the show.

eTwbl.gif

LProtag

Adventure Time game that is Monster Hunter + Shadows of the Colossus and makes sure to include RPG elements... I'd buy a 3DS for that.

YOU GUYS GOT POO BRAIN

Nah, this would be amazing to see. Adventure Time isn't all that, well, funny, but it's still a joy to watch, and a well done game would be a similar joy to play. Get Wayforward to do it and job's a good 'un.

I mentioned that to P. Ward at WonderCon! He said he'd heard of them, and that he'd consider them when I told him I'd love to see them get the property.

Emitan

If Wayforward is doing it I hope their other games are better than Mighty Switch Force. Only good things about that were the animations and OST.

I could see it being an open world RPG, like Skyrim for example. Or a platformer similar to Psychonauts. I'd be fine with a simple 2D game as well.

guek

Banned
I could see it being an open world RPG, like Skyrim for example. Or a platformer similar to Psychonauts. I'd be fine with a simple 2D game as well.

The sad reality is that any game made with this property is never ever going to get the budget that matches its potential. The best we can hope for is it picks a few simpler things and does them really well.

Yeah, it's definitely too good to be true and something like Skyrim is way to big in scope for a property like Adventure Time. I just can't but think a game like it would fit what Adventure Time is about perfectly.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I hope by 3D they mean 2D cutouts on a multi-plane field.

There's absolutely no way they could capture AT's zany essence with polygonal graphics.

I hope by 3D they mean 2D cutouts on a multi-plane field.

There's absolutely no way they could capture AT's zany essence with polygonal graphics.

I think Noby Noby Boy did a good job at capturing some of that essence. It did all that wiggly stuff like what's in Adventure Time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd rather a more Earthboundy game than Paper Mario, but they're close enough.

Is it sad that this would be the thing to make me buy a 3DS? A purple LSP 3DS would go perfect with my Finn wallet

hmm, just checked Wayforward's twitter account and they recently followed Pen.

Wonder if I had something to do with it...

Course, it depends on when they followed him.

I don't care for Regular Show as much. It's good, but it relies more on the plot for me, since I'm not really feeling the characters.

Top Bottom