• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time 3DS Game? [Update2: Yes! DS and 3DS!]

This will be cool, but I will say that Adventure Time was only good halfway season 1. Most of the reused gags and jokes ended up becoming old and way too similar. Season 2 was terrible (even if it got better towards the end). However the source material allows for different type of games so I am optimistic.

yeah and i have the perfect plot for a regular show game:

mordecai and rigby want something cool, but can't have it because it would take work. everyone else at the park tells them to knock it off. then they discover a solution, and things are totally awesome. suddenly it turns out that the solution had a downside... a SUPERNATURAL downside. mordecai and rigby, with outside help, stop the threat, which ends up leaving them in a bigger mess than the outset.

Oh snap! A reductionist oversimplification that makes something seem poor/formulaic after ignoring the nuance and detail of the actual plot/specific episodes! lol Seriously you could do that with everything ever. You mean there's a conflict and they try to solve it? No way.

I think Regular Show's great, even despite it being a somewhat obvious cribbing of what I consider to be a better animated series, one of my all-time favs: Angry Beavers. Cribbing is probably a strong term, RS does have it's own style, but the influence is clearly there.

I don't know if I like AT or RS better, but games for both would be sweet. I wouldn't necessarily think of a rouge-like RPG Tower Defense thing for an Adventure Time game, but thinking about it now it'd probably be sweet.

I just want the right genre they'll allow way-forward to show off it's awesome 2D art/animation skills.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
WayForward? This could be extremely amazing or just pretty good depending on if they approach it like one of their regular licensed projects or if they put the energy and creativity into it that they devote to their own works.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
This is great news to wake up to. Wayforward and Pendleton Ward is going to be way hot.

Maedhros

Am I the only one thinking it can be the Shantae of the new generation? It fits the bill, since it's coming when the DS is already ending (probably will end after the Pokemon game).

Would like on 3DS. Would like VERY MUCH on 3DS. Would be willing to wait for a 3DS version, and hope that it wouldn't just be an upscale.

But am smiling.

Edit: And let's not forget:

tumblr_m02ygfwoDs1qew65w.gif

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
You guys have obviously not played
9FwZN.jpg

While I understand why you used that licensed game as an example, a game boy color game might not be representative of their work. Especially since they made a recent Aliens game last year for the DS.

Emitan

While I understand why you used that licensed game as an example, a game boy color game might not be representative of their work. Especially since they made a recent Aliens game last year for the DS.

I was saying its awesome. Because its a good game.

It's funny, the past few weeks I have been thinking of posting a "Would you want an Adventure Time Game?" Thread. Seeing this news last night was the last thing I would have expected.

So, while we're waiting for more news, let's talk about what we would like to see from this, and hopefully future releases.

What I'd like for this game: While 3D style gameplay is doable on DS, I assume they will go with a sidescroller. Hopefully it will be metroidvania style. Some RPG elements would be nice, but no need to go overboard.

What I want to see in future releases: To describe it most easily, Elder Scrolls and Zelda having a baby, maybe with a pinch of Minecraft. I won't go into much more detail because I'm sure you get the picture.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Happy this is on DS since I don't have a 3DS yet, lulz. Love me some Adventure Time, hopefully it turns out fun.

Fucking called it bitches

yeah and i have the perfect plot for a regular show game:

mordecai and rigby want something cool, but can't have it because it would take work. everyone else at the park tells them to knock it off. then they discover a solution, and things are totally awesome. suddenly it turns out that the solution had a downside... a SUPERNATURAL downside. mordecai and rigby, with outside help, stop the threat, which ends up leaving them in a bigger mess than the outset.

It's almost like TV shows follow a pre-defined format or something

It's well known how big of a DS fan I am. The more games I keep getting on the platform, the happier I am.

The DS will get less and less attention (and shelf space) as time goes on, and Pokemon aside, new games will likely be overlooked and/or underprinted.

hey man I like RS too but every person I've spoken to who watches a bunch of eps for the first time comes away saying "wow that's funny but they're really formulaic aren't they"

Yeah, it's valid. Especially when its scheduling buddy is AT and that just does whatever the fuck it wants. I just don't think it really affects the show too much, it gets great kinds of crazy without that formula hindering it too much. (Actually, my favourite episode might be the British taxi episode, which doesn't really follow that formula as strictly as the others, which might contradict me a bit, but ho hum)

Probably means you can't watch a load of them in a go, but that's standard for cartoons in my experience.

Yeah, it's valid. Especially when its scheduling buddy is AT and that just does whatever the fuck it wants. I just don't think it really affects the show too much, it gets great kinds of crazy without that formula hindering it too much. (Actually, my favourite episode might be the British taxi episode, which doesn't really follow that formula as strictly as the others, which might contradict me a bit, but ho hum)

Probably means you can't watch a load of them in a go, but that's standard for cartoons in my experience.

Watched every episode in a 2 day span when I first got in to the show, there are a lot of episodes that don't even adhere to broad formula. Even with it, there's a lot of room for different scenarios, to the point where I wouldn't even think to call it formulaic. No more so than any other cartoon I've watched.

The plots of RS ARE waaaaaaaayyyy out there as well. My main issue with RS is the characters. I just don't find them half as interesting.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Am I the only one thinking it can be the Shantae of the new generation? It fits the bill, since it's coming when the DS is already ending (probably will end after the Pokemon game).
Overhyped and not very fun? I hope not.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The only benefit I could really see out of it being on 3DS is more room for voices.

Also, it could be doing the Contra style top screen/bottom screen.

Top Bottom