• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time game not coming to Vita, Namco comments

VanWinkle

Holy shit. At first I thought that was bull, but I looked it up. Wii U has over a million units more than the Vita. Who knew? I guess the Vita is the more ngauging one.

Where did you read this? I have a hard time believing it.

Vita has been on the market for 2 years and is on 5m units aprox.

Wiiu has been on the market for 7 or so months and is on 3.4m units approx

So yeah hard to compare tbh

Really weird how you rounded really high on the Vita (has actually been on the market for 1 year 7 months) and low on the Wii U (has been on the market 9 months).

Liberty4all

Banned
Someone on the official account said that? Yeah, hope you like a new job. Incredibly unprofessional.

seriously. I worked as an SM coordinator. That comment is pathetic coming from a company account.

it May be true but you don't talk like that when representing a company. Looks like a response you would see on gamefaqs lol

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Well it clearly is. If Namco Bandai EU had any self respect they would remove the comment and discipline whoever wrote it, since it probably did offend some Vita owners, and thats just bad PR.

Now that's dumb, i have a Vita, and i find it hilarious, and true too.

If you get offended by stuff like this, i'm sorry for you.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Seriously guys read the responses, it's like all the salt of the world concentrated on one place.

Well obviously people would be upset. The official account for the European branch made a fanboyish comment about a product already knowing how delicate the situation is. I'd expect it to be worse if the comment were made about Wii U selling like shit.

Really weird how you rounded really high on the Vita (has actually been on the market for 1 year 7 months) and low on the Wii U (has been on the market 9 months).

Well sorry I dont know the exact figures sheez

Xzeon

Banned
game looks cool, first one on DS and 3DS was p rad.

Vita seems fucking dead at this point, Sony stop with the handhelds.

eorl

Banned
Classy. This is the same company that's publishing Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z on Vita in Europe physically where as the US branch is going DD only for it. Adventure Time probably wouldn't have sold well on Vita because the primary audience is kids.
Hate to break it to you, but the actual audience for both Adventure Time and Regular Show are 20+ adults. Also that comment is hilarious, though if you are seriously upset by it then you may need to lighten up a bit. The whole "I DON'T KNOW" is clearly taken from the actual title of the game.

JaCy

I personally thought it was just a joke mixed with the subtitle of the game which is "Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!"

Squire

Banned
yiBGxAS.jpg

tumblr_mfwmi1ab0M1qj5jqso1_400.gif

Takao

Banned
Hate to break it to you, but the actual audience for both Adventure Time and Regular Show are 20+ adults. Also that comment is hilarious, though if you are seriously upset by it then you may need to lighten up a bit. The whole "I DON'T KNOW" is clearly taken from the actual title of the game.

Yes, that's why the two shows air on Cartoon Network and not Adult Swim.

neto

Wow at the comment coming form the official channel, but yeah saw the name of the game and maybe its just a bad joke with the vita situation and the name of the game, but it can easily be misunderstood

Trike

Where are you seeing this?

From outdated information, apparently! The vita data was from June 2012, not 2013 as I originally thought. But I haven't found any other reliable Vita sales data since then. It all comes from a certain banned site. Has Sony or anyone else released official numbers?

Also, the reason why it is coming to the Wii U is simple. It is also being released on the PS3/360/PC, so it is not like they are going to do that much work. The Vita version would probably require the most effort.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Who has a Vita? According to sales numbers, more people than own a WiiU.

And how many of those Vita owners are in Japan where this game won't be sold?

Also, the reason why it is coming to the Wii U is simple. It is also being released on the PS3/360/PC, so it is not like they are going to do that much work. The Vita version would probably require the most effort.

That and when this game was green-lit, the Wii U probably wasn't launched so they had no idea how bad it would be. The Vita had a year's head-start on it's death march.

Cbajd5

The title of the game is Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!

It's actually kind of clever, but could have been worded less inflammatory while being clever.

Burai

shitonmychest57
I'm pretty sure WiiU and Vita sales are pretty close in North America as well.

Yup, but as I said above when I edited, this game would have begun development before the Wii U was even launched, back when nobody knew how bad it would get.

StoopKid

Yup, but as I said above when I edited, this game would have begun development before the Wii U was even launched, back when nobody knew how bad it would get.

The game dosen't even look that good. I wonder how long the development was ?

Top Bottom