• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agent Whiskers "Stage 2: The Path Untaken" - Free download codes for GAF Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took one of the codes because I was tired of waiting on amazon, and this shit is ultra calming. There are a few albums I listen to that just put me into a relax mood so I can unwind at the end of the day...This instantly got put in that rotation (others are TRON OST, Postal Service, and an obscure rapper named Oh! Spectacular. Really good stuff and well thought out. I wouldnt be surprised to see you approached about some game OST, especially on the indie scene. Some really great work going on there as well, if you've never heard the Aquaria OST you should, I think you would appreciate it. Only 1.5 listens in now, but really liking it man.

When amazon gets it posted i'll gift a copy to somebody

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Thanks man! I'll definitely check out Aquaria. I'd absolutely love to work on game music composition and eventually (if possible) movies. I've got tons of recorded material for video games just waiting to be exploited. I'm also planning on doing live shows and hoping there's a future for me there. I appreciate the support! :)

There are still two codes in post #100! Quote to snag one.

VariantX04

Awesome! I think some of them may be multi-use. Regardless, if it gets it into more people's hands, I'll be happy. Tell me what you think!

VariantX04

Whiskers BOMBA! Set your own price at Bandcamp (minimum of $3) for the album. This album is a steal at that price.

Cranzor

I'm listening to the album on bandcamp. It has a really unique sound to it, and I can definitely hear the video game influence. Very cool album, I like it a lot. I'm pretty broke but I'll make sure to pick it up once I have some money to spend. I'd love to make music like this but it just confuses me with the programs and stuff, so for now I guess I'll just listen to it. Good job on the album!

VariantX04

GodfatherX said:
I took one of the codes because I was tired of waiting on amazon, and this shit is ultra calming. There are a few albums I listen to that just put me into a relax mood so I can unwind at the end of the day...This instantly got put in that rotation (others are TRON OST, Postal Service, and an obscure rapper named Oh! Spectacular. Really good stuff and well thought out. I wouldnt be surprised to see you approached about some game OST, especially on the indie scene. Some really great work going on there as well, if you've never heard the Aquaria OST you should, I think you would appreciate it. Only 1.5 listens in now, but really liking it man.

When amazon gets it posted i'll gift a copy to somebody
By the way, the album is up on Amazon. Just thought I'd let you know.

AgentWhiskers said:
QUOTE TO REVEAL DOWNLOAD CODES

Codes are redeemable at Bandcamp.

yoinked the 4gtc code. I'm listening to the first track right now while playing [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=429340"]Sequence [/URL]and I kind of think your style of music goes well with this game. Part of me wishes there'll be some sort of GAF dlc collaboration between you and Feep for the game he worked on and your tunes.

I listened to your first album back when you had the link up for your cover contest (I created a few covers but felt it was mediocre so didn't bother submitting) and liked it and this new album of yours is in a totally different direction mood wise, I love it.

VariantX04

Thanks man! Yeah, I would've loved working with Feep on Sequence but you know it doesn't get better than Ronald Jenkees. I'd love to know what you think about the rest of the album!

Famassu

Half-way through the album and I'm definitely liking this. Might give it a buy at some point, maybe even pay a few more bucks than just the 3$ you ask for it @ Bandcamp.

AgentWhiskers said:
I'd love to know what you think about the rest of the album!

After playing the first track on loop for a while, I'm now on the 4th track. Even if I got a code, since I'm totally digging what I'm hearing, you now have a +1 sale in Bandcamp via Paypal. Please keep on making music.

VariantX04

Famassu said:
Half-way through the album and I'm definitely liking this. Might give it a buy at some point, maybe even pay a few more bucks than just the 3$ you ask for it @ Bandcamp.
Thanks for the support! Truly.

Alien Manobo said:
After playing the first track on loop for a while, I'm now on the 4th track. Even if I got a code, since I'm totally digging what I'm hearing, you now have a +1 sale in Bandcamp via Paypal. Please keep on making music.
The album gets better. :) And you better believe I'll keep making music! Thanks so much!

kid ness said:
Grabbed this code, I'll check out the album now. Thanks man!
Thank you! Tell me what you think. :D

$3? Awesome. Won't even bother with the free quote download. Loved the first album, looking forward to a listen tomorrow on the walk home from work.

Wanace

Thanks Agent Whiskers, I'm downloading now. Appreciate GAF giving away their hard work! Got Sequence recently too from Feep, you guys are the best!

VariantX04

Feep probably worked much harder on Sequence than I ever will on any project but I do thank you. :D

Be sure to tell me what you think about the album.

I've played your album probably ten times now on repeat on my phone, loving it. Great work, Whiskers, can't wait to hear what you come up with next. The last track is definitely my favorite.

I enjoyed it. Definitely something to which you can put on and relax.

Looked on the Zune marketplace and it only has your first one up there.

Bought it on iTunes (w/ Audio, Video, Disco by Justice); heard it streaming on Band Camp and I liked what I heard. Pretty solid follow-up album to Abstract Forms of Solace, which I really dug.

VariantX04

Thanks guys. Silly question but do you think this has any mass-market appeal? Could you see any of these tracks playing at clubs and whatnot?

AgentWhiskers said:
This CyberPR business sounds like a total scam. $200 to get 500 twitter followers? No thanks.

Yes, it's essentially a scam. You can do that on your own if you had the patience.

I can't really answer your question re: mass-market appeal, nor do I know what clubs would or would not play. Since you've prefaced Stage 2 within a videogame context, it's hard for me to separate the music from the images (and videogame music + mainstream = :/ ). That being said, you have the tools & skills to get to the level you hope to be.

VariantX04

You're probably right. Although the overall sound I created is pretty much what I hoped it to be so I'm happy regardless.

VariantX04

Approaching 400 likes on the Facebooks. On the up and up! Getting news about my upcoming Bahrain promo very soon. I'm getting email announcements of emails again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom