• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agent Whiskers "Stage 2: The Path Untaken" - Free download codes for GAF Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Wouldn't really classify it as chip tunes in any way at all, actually. I use some video game-inspired scales but it's mostly my own take on electronica. Hope you like!

AgentWhiskers said:
Wouldn't really classify it as chip tunes in any way at all, actually. I use some video game-inspired scales but it's mostly my own take on electronica. Hope you like!
Cool. I could use some more electronic music. I'll check it out when I'm at home :)

VariantX04

Since Eid is coming up, progress on interviews/radio airtime/reviews will be slower until Eid's done. Shouldn't be too long.

androvsky

*wanders into thread looking for free something with intriguing title*

*copies code... looks at date.*

Damn, there's no way any of these are still good *paste*...

You’ve redeemed a download code!

o_O

Sweet, thanks! I'll post impressions after I listen.

VariantX04

androvsky said:
*wanders into thread looking for free something with intriguing title*

*copies code... looks at date.*

Damn, there's no way any of these are still good *paste*...

o_O

Sweet, thanks! I'll post impressions after I listen.
Oh I missed your post. Tell me what you think!

UltraMav

I just wanted to say thanks for this album. I'm not one to listen to music much while studying as it can distract me, but for some reason this is the perfect blend of "interesting, yet unobtrusive" that I love.

Been combining it with The Social Network soundtrack for extra damage.

VariantX04

UltraMav said:
I just wanted to say thanks for this album. I'm not one to listen to music much while studying as it can distract me, but for some reason this is the perfect blend of "interesting, yet unobtrusive" that I love.

Been combining it with The Social Network soundtrack for extra damage.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. :) Making it accessible but also seamless and unobtrusive was my main goal going into this album. Thanks!

thatbox

Banned
Used the last code from the current batch. I had been streaming this a lot recently, so I'm really happy to be able to download it. Again, well done and thanks!

VariantX04

effingvic said:
bought. good stuff OP :) keep making music man

btw didnt you used to make metal? or am i thinking of a different poster?
Damn, good memory. :p Yeah, I still play in a grindcore band called Creative Waste. We have a new album coming out soon.

androvsky

AgentWhiskers said:
I'm glad you enjoyed it. :) Making it accessible but also seamless and unobtrusive was my main goal going into this album. Thanks!

Good, since that's what you've achieved IMO. :) I think there's a couple points where the beat feels a little too busy for the melody (and the sound effects towards the end of the Getaway seemed out of place), but overall this is great stuff. Distinctive and memorable, without beating the listener over the head with it. I love the baseline in Contagion, but I think I'm just a sucker for sawtooth waveforms.

Disclaimer: I'm soo not a music critic.

VariantX04

thatbox said:
Used the last code from the current batch. I had been streaming this a lot recently, so I'm really happy to be able to download it. Again, well done and thanks!
Thank you. :)

VariantX04

androvsky said:
Good, since that's what you've achieved IMO. :) I think there's a couple points where the beat feels a little too busy for the melody (and the sound effects towards the end of the Getaway seemed out of place), but overall this is great stuff. Distinctive and memorable, without beating the listener over the head with it. I love the baseline in Contagion, but I think I'm just a sucker for sawtooth waveforms.

Disclaimer: I'm soo not a music critic.
While I'm perfectly happy with the way the album came out, I agree there are some things I could've spent a little more time on. Thanks for the impressions!

LarryButz

been streaming it off bandcamp and i'm enjoying it so far. good stuff. time to take out my wallet to make my purchase.

Retro

AgentWhiskers said:
Looking into VSTs for the third album.

You're a damn machine. Take a week or two off.
2qir78h.jpg

VariantX04

EDIT: To chefcat, derp

Yeah I just posted there last night. Did you get a chance to hear the album?

And Retro, NEVAR!

Cyan

Banned
Good stuff Whiskers, enjoyed it. Kinda chill and relaxing even when it speeds up a little. Will listen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom