• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

AMUSIX

Jeph Loeb said:
as we learned in Thor, the Marvel approach is magic is science that we don’t yet understand.
Holy shit, the guy isn't even up on what Magic is in the MCU. Do they keep him in a box and not even let him into meetings? Yeah, there's NO way anything under him will tie back into the movies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Holy shit, the guy isn't even up on what Magic is in the MCU. Do they keep him in a box and not even let him into meetings? Yeah, there's NO way anything under him will tie back into the movies.

?

That's how it's approached in the movies though

sammex

Been waiting for the new season like

fy0Ii1l.gif

Zero-ELEC

Banned

So far, that's how magic has been presented in the MCU; unless I guess if you consider The Hand as magic. I know they said that they're fixing it for Doctor Strange, but so far he's right.

WTF is this OT?

I mean... good job? I wonder how much more life this show has in light of Netflix shows tearing it up.

That said, I'm in the mood for some more popcorn cheesy Marvel.

AMUSIX

Thor explains what he does is simply Asgardian science, too advanced for Jane to understand. He does not lay down the rules for the entire MCU.

On the contrary (and something Jeph should have been aware of) it's been said numerous times that Dr. Strange will introduce magic to the MCU, and that it is NOT simply advanced science.

JSevere

woo, tonight's the night. can't wait to see what the writers do now that they're allowed to use a popular Marvel character

and Daisy's stll hot

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

Maurissa said that, not Jeph

Maurissa Tancharoen (co-creator/executive producer): The Marvel Cinematic Universe is sort of being opened up into the world of magic with Doctor Strange, but as we learned in Thor, the Marvel approach is magic is science that we don’t yet understand. We’re going to have both the introduction of magical elements on our show as well as very hardcore science. So maybe down the road those two things will click.

HeySeuss

So is Ghost Rider a villain or does he do his thing by some sort of code and only goes after people that deserve it?

Not familiar with this version of Ghost Rider.

Khaz

Thor explains what he does is simply Asgardian science, too advanced for Jane to understand. He does not lay down the rules for the entire MCU.

On the contrary (and something Jeph should have been aware of) it's been said numerous times that Dr. Strange will introduce magic to the MCU, and that it is NOT simply advanced science.

I distinctly remember an interview of a producer in the MCU stating that magic part of the universe in the sense that it's just physics we have yet to know about. He went on to tie "magic" with quantum physics, parallel worlds, etc. So it's not that magic is nano engineering or advanced physics effects like in Asgard, and more like a facet of the universe current science hasn't observed yet. The idea is to avoid the It's magic; I ain't gotta explain sh*t trope and try to keep it as internally consistent as possible.

So is Ghost Rider a villain or does he do his thing by some sort of code and only goes after people that deserve it?

Not familiar with this version of Ghost Rider.

In the comics, he's possessed by the spirit of a serial killer and he channels that rage and vengeance towards criminals. Older versions are possessed by demons/spirits that actively know if someone is a sinner in some fashion.

Khaz

In the comics, he's possessed by the spirit of a serial killer and he channels that rage and vengeance towards criminals. Older versions are possessed by demons/spirits that actively know if someone is a sinner in some fashion.

So it's a biblical creature?

adg1034

So, someone posted this in the 2015-16 TV thread a while back, and I can't help but wonder if it's related to Ghost Rider. Not sure I'd call a cameo from the greatest actor alive a stunt, but...

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Damn, X05, you should treat me to dinner first before you threaten me with a good time ;)
I'm aware of your musical tastes so you are getting jack shit
:p

How do they even justify this?
Part of the deal they had before Hulu offered that plan, in total about 10 shows have ads regardless of plan (and most if not all are ABC shows IIRC).
FWIW you are warned that the show is not included in the no commercial plan, and it's not like the you actually have breaks as there is only a 30s ad before the show starts and another 30s ad right before the credits end (which is totally skippable), so it's not like it's the end of the world.

The Feige Solution
#dead

Simmons <3

In honor of the new season debuting tonight, let us all remember this glorious moment in Chloe's past:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNUvqIsYo7k
I still wonder if she has any other singles that haven't been unearthed yet.

mackaveli

Welp looks like no live thread watching for me if US Eastern isn't the first showing anymore.

I don't think people post in Canada what happens. I spoiler anything related to the show personally to not spoil.

Episode is great. Glad it's back. Something to look forward to on Tuesdays.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I knew something was wrong! I almost missed the new thread. Sub'd.

Maybe we'll just have different live viewing sessions!

RaidenXZ

Lol love how you guys get it later and now it's an hour earlier in Canada instead. I won't spoil anything but I enjoyed the episode :)

Top Bottom