• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All The Last of Us 2 leaks/spoilers in here and nowhere else.

So new things;

Joel gets the smacketh down to the head and dies for sure
Gameplay as strong woman fighting Ellie
Strong womans base as a full working order gym to explain her buffness
There seems to be multiplayer of some sort, seemed very traditional

Last edited:

brian0057

Banned
I wish I had the same level of faith as those willing to drop legal tender on a product sight unseen regardless if the advertising material looks good or not, let alone if the whole product is revealed beforehand.

"Those rocks at the bottom of a cliff look jagged and sharp. Better be careful not to jump off it because it might hurt bad."
"How do you know it'll hurt bad unless you jump? Just because it looks jagged and sharp doesn't mean it is."

Last edited:

CaptainClaw

I'm just shaking my head at this post.

I never said reviews always determine how well a game is going to sell. Death Stranding scored higher than Days Gone, but Days Gone was the better selling game. People actually read and look at video game reviews. If this game scores extremely well, then it could overshadow a lot of the negative press they received within the past 4 or 5 days.

But you're right, no one cares about reviews and no one watches them. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
You never said reviews though you said review scores. Your exact words were

Review.
Scores.
Matter.
Period.

And my post didnt just touch on sells It touch on many factors as to why review "scores" don't matter to consumers and only benefit or hinder the dev/pub even reviews that don't have scores still shouldn't matter to consumers unless its (buggy or unplayable). Again if TLoU 2 reviews at a score of 75 and doesn't sell as well as TLoU how does that matter to consumers at all? How does someone's opinion on game you havent experienced yourself yet matter?...especially a made up "SCORE" how does it take away from the players experience...you care way to much about made up numbers. I gave Murdered soul suspect as an example because it isn't the best reviewed game but if you play the game and don't care about some stupid review score of someone's opinion (unless the game is buggy/unplayable) if you play it you can make the decision up to yourself. Radbrad is a better review process than these Review sites because you get a walkthrough of the game story and see the games mechanics through a series of videos.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
You never said reviews though you said review scores. Your exact words were

Review.
Scores.
Matter.
Period.

And my post didnt just touch on sells It touch on many factors as to why review "scores" don't matter to consumers and only benefit or hinder the dev/pub even reviews that don't have scores still shouldn't matter to consumers unless its (buggy or unplayable). Again if TLoU 2 reviews at a score of 75 and doesn't sell as well as TLoU how does that matter to consumers at all? How does someone's opinion on game you havent experienced yourself yet matter?...especially a made up "SCORE" how does it take away from the players experience...you care way to much about made up numbers. I gave Murdered soul suspect as an example because it isn't the best reviewed game but if you play the game and don't care about some stupid review score of someone's opinion (unless the game is buggy/unplayable) if you play it you can make the decision up to yourself. Radbrad is a better review process than these Review sites because you get a walkthrough of the game story and see the games mechanics through a series of videos.

Most people who read and watch reviews are going to only look at a handful of them.

They're not going to read or watch every single review, but the review SCORE will give them an idea of what the general feeling is about this game.

It all matters.

If it didn't, metacritic wouldn't exist.

Eiknarf

Wait
If that’s the actress who Naughry Dog used for likeness, why didn’t they use her likeness? Why’d they change her likeness? They changed her chest.

If they were going to change her body, why not use a different actress with a different body?

Imagine they made her nose smaller!?! The actress would rightfully be offended!

If a studio used the likeness of a small chested actress (let’s say, actress Kate Hudson), and then made her tits huge, Kate Hudson would be offended (and so would half the world)

So why is this ok?

is anybody gonna talk about this?

Where’s the side-by-side pic?

I know this must’ve been talked about earlier in another thread, but there’s no way I can find it

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Props for at least showing a gym I guess. That passion scene is LOL though. No escaping from Joel being dead either.

Wth at that gamefaq poll tho.

Nymphae

Banned
Is there a post that contains a list of what's known so far? Can it go in the OP? I want to read all about this garbage lol

She left making uncharted 4. But nice try lol
Yes she got fired from uncharted 4. what does that have to do with anything. Amy has nothing to do with The last of us. Druckmann wrote both the dlc and the main game. So to fire him is funny af, Especially since he‘s Vice President of naughty dog.

CaptainClaw

Most people who read and watch reviews are going to only look at a handful of them.

They're not going to read or watch every single review, but the review SCORE will give them an idea of what the general feeling is about this game.

It all matters.

If it didn't, metacritic wouldn't exist.
And is that review going to stop majority of people from playing a game is my whole point. Sims 4 being a average/low reviewed game isn't stopping people from playing and enjoying that game...Animal crossing has always sold well so whether NH scores 70 or 90 it still going to sell well has nothing to do with reviews GoW didn't sell well because of reviews it sold well because it's a great game. And even if these games were to be affected by a few sales HOW DOES IT matter to CONSUMERS (I Know it matters to Dev/Pub) but YOU PUT WAY TOO MUCH INTO REVIEW SCORES.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
And is that review going to stop majority of people from playing a game is my whole point. Sims 4 being a average/low reviewed game isn't stopping people from playing and enjoying that game...Animal crossing has always sold well so whether NH scores 70 or 90 it still going to sell well has nothing to do with reviews GoW didn't sell well because of reviews it sold well because it's a great game. And even if these games were to be affected by a few sales HOW DOES IT matter to CONSUMERS (I Know it matters to Dev/Pub) but YOU PUT WAY TOO MUCH INTO REVIEW SCORES.
You don't take the time to read my post. You draw a lot of conclusions and making an argument out of it.

I said it helps create positive press, I never said the majority of gamers are going to care about it. People who are looking at these leaks are probably the minority and the game is still going be one of the best selling PS4 exclusives by the end of the year.

MY POINT is that I said it can create positive press that can possibly overshadow the negative press this game has received over the past 4 or 5 days.

CaptainClaw

You don't take the time to read my post. You draw a lot of conclusions and making an argument out of it.

I said it helps create positive press, I never said the majority of gamers are going to care about it. People who are looking at these leaks are probably the minority and the game is still going be one of the best selling PS4 exclusives by the end of the year.

MY POINT is that I said it can create positive press that can possibly overshadow the negative press this game has received over the past 4 or 5 days.
Bro your exact words were
Review.
Scores.
Matter.
And I'm telling you they don't matter even if the negative reviews were to overshadow the positive reviews it wouldn't matter because everyone that once to play TLoU 2 is going to get it and if they like/love the game it had nothing to do with some guy in California's opinion and if they hate/dislike the game it also had nothing to do with some guy/gal opinion of the game they made that decision for Themselves SO NO it doesn't Matter to the consumer it ONLY MATTERS/AFFECTS the dev/pub in a postive/negative way.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Bro your exact words were
Review.
Scores.
Matter.
And I'm telling you they don't matter even if the negative reviews were to overshadow the positive reviews it wouldn't matter because everyone that once to play TLoU 2 is going to get it and if they like/love the game it had nothing to do with some guy in California's opinion and if they hate/dislike the game it also had nothing to do with some guy/gal opinion of the game they made that decision for Themselves SO NO it doesn't Matter to the consumer it ONLY MATTERS/AFFECTS the dev/pub in a postive/negative way.

You're trying hard, dude. Just give up.

If review SCORES didn't matter, Metacritic wouldn't exist. It reviews didn't matter, IGN, and all other video game journalistic sites wouldn't matter.

Now tell me how it doesn't matter when gamers keep going back to these sites?

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
This thread is just going around in circles.

Amazing how the people who berate ResetEra for crying about "tranny shit" are like "NOOOOO NOT MY HECKIN' PROTAGARINO'S I JUST WANTED A SECOND GAME OF JOEL AND ELLIE WALKING AROUND HAVING BONDING MOMENTS THAT ADDS NOTHING THE FIRST GAME HAS ALREADY DONE. T____T"

In summary people don't like change and the threat of a character dying is a massive L for them despite normies worshipping Game of Thrones? Come on. If you don't like it whatever, no one is forcing you to buy it. Cancel it, move on and hit the back log. If it's shit I'll be honest about it when I finish it.

brian0057

Banned
Come on. If you don't like it whatever, no one is forcing you to buy it. Cancel it, move on and hit the back log.
Unless we're talking about loot boxes and micro-transactions.
Then people give a shit what someone else is doing with their own money for some reason.
Personal responsibility and freedom of choice be damned.

Watched the 90 minutes, kinda sold on the game, the introduction for the game is masterful, gorgeous... it's just so well done and reminds me why I loved TLOU in the first place. The combat looks dynamic and cinematic, it just all looks really good and the footage of Abby actually makes her seem interesting. Definitely not worried.

Watched the 90 minutes, kinda sold on the game, the introduction for the game is masterful, gorgeous... it's just so well done and reminds me why I loved TLOU in the first place. The combat looks dynamic and cinematic, it just all looks really good and the footage of Abby actually makes her seem interesting. Definitely not worried.

I take it you're now granting the same right to others, the right to make their own minds about the game but just drawing a diametrically opposed conclusion, right?
Right?

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Perhaps those who are upset about the game supposedly portraying women as superior to men have a point; I'm watching an episode of Westworld and just saw two female characters kill two male characters (albeit they're all cyborgs/ robots, but the point behind the portrayal was very clear: women are supposedly better).

Saber

The part where you control that random npc just to beat the crap of Ellie is just sad(theres even a strangle sequence LOL).
Even worse is the game pointing out Ellie as a boss, by saying you shouldn't confront her face to face or else you will be IK by either shotgun of arrows.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Wait a minute....

Here's the leaked chapter list.

Jackson

Ellie Day 1

Ellie Day 2

Ellie Day 3
- Flooded City
- Find Aquarium
-Theater Ambush > Ellie seems to be fighting Abby in the theater. You can see the props in the background.

Abby Day 1
-Abby Flashback Dad > The new leaked clipped shows Abby crying after seeing her father's dead body. The clip quicky cuts to the present where she's standing over Joel's dead body.

Abby Day 2
Abby Day 3
- Save Lev
- Abby Fights Militia
- Abby Ellie Fight > Is this the same fight from Theater ambush? They both take place on the same day.

Are you really playing the entire second half of the game as Abby or are you given the option?

Starfield

Perhaps those who are upset about the game supposedly portraying women as superior to men have a point; I'm watching an episode of Westworld and just saw two female characters kill two male characters (albeit they're all cyborgs/ robots, but the point behind the portrayal was very clear: women are supposedly better).
Westworld has a good story atleast and no isnt woke at all. Well maybe Season 3 but not the way you think.

Theres also fantastic male characters, even sadistic ones we kind of sympathize with (Man in black),

Then there is Bernard, Ford, Serac, Stubbs, The narrative director whos name i forgot, Hector, etc..

A relentless fucking experience

CaptainClaw

You're trying hard, dude. Just give up.

If review SCORES didn't matter, Metacritic wouldn't exist. It reviews didn't matter, IGN, and all other video game journalistic sites wouldn't matter.

Now tell me how it doesn't matter when gamers keep going back to these sites?
Lool The Witcher 3 has sold 28M units and has 15K user reviews on Metacritic it has 2.8M Views on its IGN review how many of those are rewatches and most of those reviews are from already fans of the series if IGN scored witcher a 7 their comment section is going to be filled with fans cursing IGN and disliking the Video most of those views are from people who would've bought the game regardless IGN/Gamespot know majority of consumers buying these aren't watching their reviews or reviews in general and majority of the viewers that do watch the reviews don't care for their opinion it's to see the score given. For majority of consumers Review score don't Matter it only matters to those trying to use it as fuel.

And lol so because a site like Pegi exist it matters? Lool okay (not to say it isn't useful/important to some) but most people don't care because it doesn't matter

Last edited:
I take it you're now granting the same right to others, the right to make their own minds about the game but just drawing a diametrically opposed conclusion, right?
Right?

Nothing I said is me filling in the blanks to come to conclusions about the narrative. And I never gave anyone crap for simply thinking the game doesn't look great based on leaks, all my arguments have been against half-baked conclusions people have come to not supported by the actual leaks.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Lool The Witcher 3 has sold 28M units and has 15K user reviews on Metacritic it has 2.8M Views on its IGN review how many of those are rewatches and most of those reviews are from already fans of the series if IGN scored witcher a 7 their comment section is going to be filled with fans cursing IGN and disliking the Video most of those views are from people who would've bought the game regardless IGN/Gamespot know majority of consumers buying these aren't watching their reviews or reviews in general majority of the viewers watching the review don't care for their opinion it's to see the score given. For majority of consumers Review score don't Matter it only matters to those trying to use it as fuel.

And lol so because a site like Pegi exist it matters? Lool okay (not to say it isn't useful/important to some) but most people don't care because it doesn't matter

You keep ignoring my question. If they don't matter, why do people bother reading and looking at reviews? Why do youtubers keep making videos about reviews? Why do they ASK Youtubers to review games?

You're going against all logic here.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Dunno if it has been posted yet but here's a 1h30 spoiler video.

https://m.cda.pl/video/509538290

Joel scene from another perspective:

I can see why people are offended. A woman killing a white man and a minority then spitting on him as he dies could certainly be a symbolic representation of a political agenda. I'm not saying that this is the case, but that certainly comes to mind.

Mochilador

Wait a minute....

Here's the leaked chapter list.

Jackson

Ellie Day 1

Ellie Day 2

Ellie Day 3
- Flooded City
- Find Aquarium
-Theater Ambush > Ellie seems to be fighting Abby in the theater. You can see the props in the background.

Abby Day 1
-Abby Flashback Dad > The new leaked clipped shows Abby crying after seeing her father's dead body. The clip quicky cuts to the present where she's standing over Joel's dead body.

Abby Day 2
Abby Day 3
- Save Lev
- Abby Fights Militia
- Abby Ellie Fight > Is this the same fight from Theater ambush? They both take place on the same day.

Are you really playing the entire second half of the game as Abby or are you given the option?
Looks like the days are the same for both characters. Abby day 3 is the same day of Ellie day 3.

Jon Neu

Banned
There's only a few mentions of Waler in the first few books of Game of Thrones, and you don't actually meet him, you meet a guard who works for him who mentions he's remarrying his daughter.

You literally go to the Twins and meet Walder Frey in the first book, and even before meeting him there is plenty of talk and thoughts about his figure already, especially by a suspicious Catelyn. That’s when Catelyn and Robb promised Walder that Robb would marry one of his daughters.

Catelyn: Where I might have expected to find you, my lord. You are still my father's bannerman, are you not?

Walder: Heh, I called my swords, yes I did, here they are, you saw them on the walls. It was my intent to march as soon as all my strength was assembled. Well, to send my sons. I am well past marching myself, Lady Catelyn. Tell her, Jared. Tell her that was my intent.
Jared: It was, my lady, on my honor.

Walder: Is it my fault that your fool brother lost his battle before we could march? I am told the Kingslayer went through him like an axe through ripe cheese. Why should my boys hurry south to die? All those who did go south are running north again

The Freys and the events that would later trigger the red wedding are set in motion literally in the first book.

CaptainClaw

You keep ignoring my question. If they don't matter, why do people bother reading and looking at reviews? Why do youtubers keep making videos about reviews? Why do they ASK Youtubers to review games?

You're going against all logic here.
Lool as if you even read what you just replied to....I clearly explain why. Anyway enjoy your NUM83R5 and Review 5C0R35......because they clearly matter to you so much as you can't think for yourself and need someone else to tell you if you should enjoy a game or not

Last edited:
You literally go to the Twins and meet Walder Frey in the first book, and even before meeting him there is plenty of talk and thoughts about his figure already, especially by a suspicious Catelyn. That’s when Catelyn and Robb promised Walder that Robb would marry one of his daughters.

Catelyn: Where I might have expected to find you, my lord. You are still my father's bannerman, are you not?

Walder: Heh, I called my swords, yes I did, here they are, you saw them on the walls. It was my intent to march as soon as all my strength was assembled. Well, to send my sons. I am well past marching myself, Lady Catelyn. Tell her, Jared. Tell her that was my intent.
Jared: It was, my lady, on my honor.

Walder: Is it my fault that your fool brother lost his battle before we could march? I am told the Kingslayer went through him like an axe through ripe cheese. Why should my boys hurry south to die? All those who did go south are running north again

The Freys and the events that would later trigger the red wedding are set in motion literally in the first book.

How are the events of the new TLOU not triggered by the events of the first game, though?

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Lool as if you even read what you just replied to....I clearly explain why. Anyway enjoy your num83r5 and Review 5c0r35
I did read it. I wanted you to admit they THEY CARE. If people didn't care then that means they're going to the site, reading the review and looking at the score. Good job. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Westworld has a good story atleast and no isnt woke at all. Well maybe Season 3 but not the way you think.

Theres also fantastic male characters, even sadistic ones we kind of sympathize with (Man in black),

Then there is Bernard, Ford, Serac, Stubbs, The narrative director whos name i forgot, Hector, etc..

A relentless fucking experience

Yes, but all of the characters who are kicking ass are female.
Deloris is the main character of the third season and is exacting revenge in spades by killing countless people (mostly men); Maeve has the power to control people's minds and actions, which makes her the most badass character in a way, and has been depicted killing a bunch of male soldiers with ease; and Ash has killed a man.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I think it's a combo of a few things:

1. Joel dead
2. The main villain is a beefy girl
3. The end game seems all female.... Ellie, Dina, Abby

So for any gamer who either cares about Joel living and/or having more main characters being men, they are probably like,,,,, Fuck this. The game is mainly females.

I havent watched this 90 minute video yet, but someone said there's a flashback scene where you control Joel and another scene where you control an NPC dude chasing Ellie. So it looks like theres more men gameplay than the initial vids.

But might not be enough.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I think it's a combo of a few things:

1. Joel dead
2. The main villain is a beefy girl
3. The end game seems all female.... Ellie, Dina, Abby

So for any gamer who either cares about Joel living and/or having more main characters being men, they are probably like,,,,, Fuck this. The game is mainly females.

I havent watched this 90 minute video yet, but someone said there's a flashback scene where you control Joel and another scene where you control an NPC dude chasing Ellie. So it looks like theres more men gameplay than the initial vids.

But might not be enough.
What 90 minute video?

Top Bottom