• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Cancelling Master Edition's of Zelda: BotW Orders

zelas

there's no reason to further restrict the availability of an already 'limited edition'.

There is no reason whatsover for Nintendo to do this. So please stop those weird, utterly nonsensical, conspiracy theories.
And yet they've done so anyway. Just a few weeks ago in japan they were artificially limiting the FE Echoes Valentia Complete edition before their website shit the bed. After it was down for almost 24 hours Nintendo then apologized and opened up preorders again, saying this time that everyone who preorders will be guaranteed to get one instead of first come, first serve on a limited run.

When people in that thread couldn't deny what Nintendo had done, they tried to save face by saying it was ok for Nintendo to limit stock because a limited edition should be "limited," insisting that Nintendo shouldn't use the guaranteed preorder method ever again.

majorscud

I feel really bad for those that had their orders cancelled. Especially with the special edition also being sold out. Amazon should have offered to compensate with a free switch case if you ordered a regular copy of zelda (not that you can because it is sold out). Mine is now showing preparing your shipment for its status...hopefully that is a good thing.

Kill3r7

I may be mistaken about his intention, but I think he meant a lawsuit issued by Amazon against Nintendo for costing Amazon lost revenue, wasted man hours, lost long term customer loyalty, etc.... There may actually be grounds if this is a case of Nintendo promising Amazon X number of pre-orders and then significantly decreasing those numbers, pissing off thousands of Amazon customers. That said, Amazon is a massive company and while annoying to deal with, this is nothing more than a blip on their quarterly balance sheet. They likely wouldn't risk ruining a recently repaired relationship with Nintendo over something so small. Its a big deal to individuals who had their MEs canceled, but it'd look pretty petty for Amazon to press forward with legal action in this case. And we'd have another Ninty generation where their hardware products aren't officially for sale on Amazon, which isn't good for anyone.

We do not know the deal between Nintendo and Amazon. Sure there might exist a possibility to file a lawsuit but it is easier for Amazon to just not do business with them in the future. We know that is not going to happen because selling games is easy revenue for Amazon. This is a big deal for us consumers but it is a tiny blimp in the grand scheme of things.

JoeFu

Banned
... i got an email from Amazon saying due to high demand they cancelled my extra orders for the Master Edition.... But I only ordered 1....

Lum1n3s

SpsLHdD.jpg

Just got this email from Amazon... it says they removed additional quantities that I requested yet I only pre-ordered one, the fuck?!?

KevinG

Just got this email from Amazon, but I only ordered one and my order is still good.

Hello,

Due to high demand and potentially limited supply, at this time we are limiting all orders of the following item(s) to 1 per customer:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Master Edition - Nintendo Switch

We have canceled the additional quantities you requested, but appreciate your interest in the product(s) listed above.

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Mine was cancelled 12 hours ago, but I just got this additional email:

Due to high demand and potentially limited supply, at this time we are limiting all orders of the following item(s) to 1 per customer:

We have canceled the additional quantities you requested, but appreciate your interest in the product(s) listed above.
I only ordered one in the first place, though. :

Simo

Just got a email from Amazon...about had a heart attack. It was about my Master Edition but they were just telling me that due to demand they were limiting orders to 1 per customer, but I only preordered 1 to begin with?

I checked my order and it's still good. lol

d1rtn4p

Mine was cancelled 12 hours ago, but I just got this additional email:

I only ordered one in the first place, though. :

Same thing for me. I only ordered one...they said they cancelled the additional item. My order still shows open. So confused.

JoeFu

Banned
I still have my order though??? Amazon order history still has it and says it's not shipped yet. I'm so confused LOL

Aselith

I really wanted the carrying case. Would have been nice to get a heads up y'know, earlier than two weeks before launch.

Wasn't it sold out immediately everywhere? I don't know what knowing earlier would have realistically done for you tbh

Sucks regardless though. I hope Amazon does something additional if they get enough complaints.

Lum1n3s

Well I hope all of you guys stop pre-ordering from Amazon from now on.
I've learned my lesson, idk why I skipped out on GameStop. Not once have I had any problems with pre-orders but this for some reason just feels like a punch to the gut.

sinonobu

Banned
This is weird...
Amazon said they cancelled my additional order of my Master Edition even though I only ordered 1...
And my order itself is still fine

Pagusas

Elden Member
I've learned my lesson, idk why I skipped out on GameStop. Not once have I had any problems with pre-orders but this for some reason just feels like a punch to the gut.

Any opportunity to not give money to Gamestop is a good one. Sad to see what has happened to everyone though.

JoeFu

Banned
Are we completely sure this is all on Nintendo? Is it possible Amazon has overextended itself with these additional cancellations?

I mean if the rumors of stolen shipment is true, it really isn't anybody's fault ? Sucks, but things like that happen. And people expecting Nintendo to just magically produce some aren't being rational lol.

LiK

Always have a backup order especially for Nintendo limited stuff. One good thing about GS is they rarely cancel.

Just got a email from Amazon...about had a heart attack. It was about my Master Edition but they were just telling me that due to demand they were limiting orders to 1 per customer, but I only preordered 1 to begin with?

I checked my order and it's still good. lol
Same although I was worried that it was because I have a SE on order too.

This is weird...
Amazon said they cancelled my additional order of my Master Edition even though I only ordered 1...
And my order itself is still fine

Same here!! Just saw the email... my heart skipped a beat. I only ordered one but received that email, and my order is still good.

Man this is nerve wracking...

Hello,

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com

This could be a glitch. I do remember a similar thing happening to my Mighty No. 9 Signature Edition preorder. Amazon returned my preorder within a few.

Not like I kept it anyway lol

Top Bottom