• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon - Xbox 360 Core System - $100.00

That was kinda sad, but kind of funny in a way:

12:55: Click on 360 link on Amazon home page.
1:01: Page finally shows up. Sold Out.

Eh. Pwned. Total.

I got to the "please answer this question" page right at 1:00, but didn't notice there was a checkbox to accept some terms and conditions. Failed the authentication 5 times before noticing, by the time I got through they were sold out. Couldn't have been later than 1:00:30.

evil ways

Avutta1978 said:
how can it be sold out in a second. total bullshit

It actually sold out 2 minutes before it was even 11:00am(3:00pm), so something tells me that Amazon employees got themselves a hefty serving of $100 360 stocking stuffers.

Diablos

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Refresh at 1:55pm. It loads at 2:03pm with:

Xbox 360 Core System by Microsoft
Amazon Price: $299.99
Winning Price: $100.00

Sold out at this price
Limited quanitites
You better be ****ing lying :mad:

Core407

Banned
evil ways said:
It actually sold out 2 minutes before it was even 11:00am(3:00pm), so something tells me that Amazon employees got themselves a hefty serving of $100 360 stocking stuffers.

What a waste Amazon is. I hoped that maybe their servers could handle the load and I'd have a shot at getting a 360, but obviously not. Why don't these "geniuses" figure out a way to do these sales in a proper way?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Someone must pay for this...I find it hard to believe that noboby here got one. We're the masters of this type of stuff.

yep, finally got a reply:

We Have a Winner! Xbox 360 Core System by Microsoft
Amazon Price: $299.99
Winning Price: $100.00
Sold out at this price
Limited quanitites

I actually got up to a part where you had to verify the deal by answering a question. Mine was "What does 11+14" equal? After that it said it was sold out.

Easy_G

PocketMidget said:
it never god damned loaded

oh and it killed cheapassgamer.com as well :lol

CAG is completely out of commission, haha.

And you'd think a site as popular as Amazon would oh, i don't know, have figured this would happen and actually prepare for it. Oh well.

cicero

This is pathetic. Sending a ranting raging hate mail through their help section as soon as possible. HOW DARE I NOT GET ONE.

I was going to be a 360 THRILLHO. The dream is dead.

Shogun

Dear Brendan P. Fay,

Congratulations! You have been assigned one of a limited number of claim
codes that entitles you to purchase one Xbox 360 Core System at the
Customers Vote discount. This claim code should have been automatically
redeemed to your account. Once you add the item to your cart and proceed
to checkout, you should see the discount on the Place Order page.

jda1977

you saw this:

Verification
Answer the question below in order to obtain the claim code you will need to get the deal. This step helps prevent abuse.

What do you get when you add 19 and 13?

Terms and conditions

* No more than one of each offer can be redeemed per household, per customer, per credit card, or per shipping address.
* Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel orders or modify/terminate this promotion at any time.
* Amazon.com cannot be responsible for unforeseeable mechanical failures of our computer hardware or software that may occur during the ordering process.

I agree to the terms and conditions

Top Bottom