• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon - Xbox 360 Core System - $100.00

Surreal

Cloudy said:
Amazon is full of crap. They had like 10 total :lol

Yeah, my family is like "It's all a hoax, they didn't even give any out to begin with." Which means... Shogun is an Amazon marketer!

Diablos

distantmantra said:
Refreshed at 10:57... page didn't reload until 11:10. Sold out.

I hope every single 360 goes to someone who wants one, and not on to ebay.

Looks like no 360 for me until a price drop.
Same :(

*cries*

Sean*O

Total scam from top to bottom.

If anyone would have made it in, it would be people from this forum.

I started logging in at 10:58AM... nothing... site dead, page can not load errors, etc.

15 minutes later, the page goes up... sold out. Does their servers give regional priority o something?

What a disaster, and a total waste of time and planning.

I have serious doubts that they did not sell anywhere near 1,000 of these things if so many of us were unable to even load the page.

Vark

brain.jpg

Some of ya'll should have practiced!

B33

Banned
My connection timed out right at 2:00 pm... This is BS. Amazon should have another 1000 units for sale...

Sysgen

Shogun said:
Dear Brendan P. Fay,

Congratulations! You have been assigned one of a limited number of claim
codes that entitles you to purchase one Xbox 360 Core System at the
Customers Vote discount. This claim code should have been automatically
redeemed to your account. Once you add the item to your cart and proceed
to checkout, you should see the discount on the Place Order page.

Happy that Brendan got it though it sucks for you Shogun :)

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
LiQuid! said:
DAMMIT! Just got in and the bike was sold out too! I'm never buying at Amazon again, this was absolute shit.

:lol

You guys are such poor sports. These things are always luck of the load situations.

goodcow

I just sent Amazon a nasty E-Mail.

Whoever came up with this "Amazon Customers Vote" idea, not anticipating the insane amount of traffic from offering an XBox 360 for $200 off is an idiot.

This was the most frustrating experience in recent memory I've had with Amazon. The whole damn site was down for about ten minutes, and finally when it WAS able to load a page, the XBox 360 was sold out.

Then I see at least the bike offer is listed as not sold out, so I try to buy the bike.

I get to the verficiation page with question and check box and submit my answer. The page CRAWLS again, and takes about three minutes to load, ONLY TO TELL ME THE DAMN THING IS ALSO NOW SOLD OUT.

Finally, Amazon Prime and $100 off in Toys SEEMS to be left for $120. Not bad, Prime is $80, so really, for $40, I get $100 off toys.

I click to get the offer, and this...

"Important Message
Our records indicate you are already a member of Amazon Prime. We're sorry, but this offer can only be extended to customers who are not current Prime members. Please see our FAQ on the Amazon Prime and $100 Toys Promotional Certificate offer."

**** that. Just extend my Prime membership.

This whole idea was executed like shit.

Vark

Oh come on people. This was posted on GAF, Engadget, CAG, and probably every other gaming forum / tech blog on the internet.

Did you honestly think 1,000 units weren't going to sell out in a few seconds?

Vark said:
Oh come on people. This was posted on GAF, Engadget, CAG, and probably every other gaming forum / tech blog on the internet.

Yes.

Defcon

Banned
Vark said:

Yes, but how were people able to get one if the page was taking 10 minutes to refresh?

goodcow said:
I just sent Amazon a nasty E-Mail.
Wow, screw Amazon for making a nice deal for us. If it was a lottery system instead, you would've had even less of a chance to get one.

It was just a fun little deal they had. Were you actually expecting to beat out hundreds of thousands of other clickers?

donny2112

There was hope!

amazon_submit_lg.png

That hope was taken away after five minutes waiting for the submit page to load. :(

amazon_denied_cut.png

Vark said:
It's a server. It has a maxium number of connections it will allow. It fills those in order of request.

Amazon is running Oracle, as far as I know. Oracle shouldn't have had this kind of difficulty running requests. I blame their internet sever (i.e. bandwidth), myself. They should've upgraded for these "Customers Vote" deals. :(

Vark

Defcon said:
Yes, but how were people able to get one if the page was taking 10 minutes to refresh?

It's a server. It has a maxium number of connections it will allow. It fills those in order of request.

Once that number maxes out it times out for everyone else.

It didn't taken 10 minutes for everyone, just everyone that didn't luck out and hit the server at the right time.

B33

Banned
Defcon said:

That is what I am wondering... Is it possible that amazon.com sold less then 1000?

goodcow

Battersea Power Station said:
Wow, screw Amazon for making a nice deal for us. If it was a lottery system instead, you would've had even less of a chance to get one.

It was just a fun little deal they had. Were you actually expecting to beat out hundreds of thousands of other clickers?

No, I expect the servers to NOT BE CONTINUALLY DOWN FOR TEN MINUTES not even giving me a CHANCE to win, then on the bike page GETTING TO THE CONFIRMATION PAGE only for it to FAIL due to server load, and then not even letting me get the Prime/Toys deal because they're ****ing idiots and can't extend a membership.

Again, this was executed like shit.

Norse

RiZ III said:

that guy looks bummed...poor guy.

I hit refresh and 8 mins later the page came up as sold out...I did think about getting that bike though...but held off.

Its great for these companies to offer these deals, but why advertise the exact time? Why not say the date and randomly do the time.

it took so long for the site to refresh for us, but I bet amazon employees had no trouble. lol

Kuroyume

Banned
The end of the video... This is how I feel about Amazon right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyIn6eay9Mw

You knew! What you were doing!

You knew! What kind of entertainment you're selling!

And you wanted us all be a buzz... here in this room and on the playground in my kid's school... because it improved your ratings!

It improves your market share, and it lines your pockets!

argggh

donny2112 said:
There was hope!

That hope was taken away after five minutes waiting for the submit page to load. :(

Amazon is running Oracle, as far as I know. Oracle shouldn't have had this kind of difficulty running requests. I blame their internet sever (i.e. bandwidth), myself. They should've upgraded for these "Customers Vote" deals. :(

Well don't leave us in suspense. Did you get that PSP it recommends at the bottom of the screen?

:)

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
LuCkymoON said:
I orded the prime deal, since I plan on buying video games from them anyway $20 amazon prime membership was a great deal!!

that is what they wanted.... everyone come for the 360... leave with the prime!

Battersea Power Station said:
Was it someone here that said Target is rumored to be offering a Core system tomorrow for 100-something bucks?
CompUSA is, but you have to buy a cell phone plan or something.

compusa is selling the core for 100 if you sign up for a new phose subscription. my friend needs a new phone service, so i am going with her tonight. casue compusa is opening at 12 midnight closes at 3 then reopen at 5

Top Bottom