• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon - Xbox 360 Core System - $100.00

NME

I Am Error said:
I actually got up to a part where you had to verify the deal by answering a question. Mine was "What does 11+14" equal? After that it said it was sold out.

Same, only my question was "What is 6 + 2."

No luck on the purchase, of course. I shouldn't have checked my work on a calculator.

I was on the question page!
It was just 19+4=?
I must have lingered on that page for maybe a quarter of a second before throwing on 23 and clicking forward. But it still wasn't fast enough. T_T

Easy_G

Shogun said:
Dear Brendan P. Fay,

Congratulations! You have been assigned one of a limited number of claim
codes that entitles you to purchase one Xbox 360 Core System at the
Customers Vote discount. This claim code should have been automatically
redeemed to your account. Once you add the item to your cart and proceed
to checkout, you should see the discount on the Place Order page.

F U

mr_nothin

Banned
Shogun said:
Dear Brendan P. Fay,

let me get i1!@?$!@%J!%

Hahaha, that was hilarious/awesome. Amazon must be happy with all the traffic they drove to the site, though I guess it remains to see whether all the Xdude-seekers buy anything else

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Grizzlyjin said:
Someone must pay for this...I find it hard to believe that noboby here got one. We're the masters of this type of stuff.

This isn't lining up at Gamestop at 3:00am weeks before a console's release. This is a heavily advertised deal at the largest online retailer and even one of us getting through would have been impressive.

But now imagine if you DID get the code. And now you're trying to go through the check-out process, but Amazon has died because of the F5 freaks. That level of frustration is, I imagine, 100 times more than what the complainers in this thread experienced.

Vgamer

I thought once you got to the question page you where guarenteed one once you answered it? Sounds like a few people made it to that stage but then it crapped out still?

Easy_G

Greenpanda said:
Hahaha, that was hilarious/awesome. Amazon must be happy with all the traffic they drove to the site, though I guess it remains to see whether all the Xdude-seekers buy anything else

I doubt they'll be able to offset the cost of repairing their melted servers since nobody can get on to buy anything. :lol

Wow, I wasn't really expecting to get one, but somehow that was less fun than I thought.

I still can't even get the page to load for me, for a "You lose" message.

saelz8

I'm curious of who won and what region. I bet 95% of the people who got it live in California, near the servers. Damn! That was really the only way I would have gotten a 360, I'm not willing to pay the full price. Enjoy Halo 3 boys! :lol *Starts up CS*

Both me and my brother were at our computers trying to get this deal.

My brother's rig crapped out loading the page, but I got to the question part. I got "what do you get when you add 20 to 11?" or something to that effect; it took me 2 seconds to answer it.

That two seconds cost me dearly. :-(

...anyone want to sell me that claim code?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Wow, who was even able to get in to buy one? Rediculous. I think Amazon never even had any goddamned Xbox and were just dicking with us. I still wouldn't mind getting in to buy the bike, but Amazon is being seriously non-heterosexual...

oh well, I had timed the refresh perfectly, I got the page to come up at exactly 11am I clicked the link but timed out after 10 minutes refreshed again got to the question page but it was too late.

cicero

Shogun said:
Dear Brendan P. Fay,

You need to be banned, on principle.

Refreshed at 10:57... page didn't reload until 11:10. Sold out.

I hope every single 360 goes to someone who wants one, and not on to ebay.

Looks like no 360 for me until a price drop.

Piscopink

I'm still amazed how bad Amazon melted! That was just sick! And you know they have some pretty beefy servers designed to handle some major traffic!

I wonder if they'll sign up for having all their sales HOSED for half and hour again to pull some stupid limited quantities stunt like this again. :lol

Tarazet

Quellex said:
I'm curious of who won and what region. I bet 95% of the people who got it live in California, near the servers. Damn! That was really the only way I would have gotten a 360, I'm not willing to pay the full price. Enjoy Halo 3 boys! :lol *Starts up CS*

I'm in California and I never even saw the page before it was all sold out.

Oh well, back to PSU. No big loss. :]

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
DAMMIT! Just got in and the bike was sold out too! I'm never buying at Amazon again, this was absolute shit.

RiZ III

zeldatpnq9.png

Kuroyume

Banned
Next week:

B00073JU2E.01-A23NLORBGXOLEO._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V52071086_.jpg

Axion Portable DVD Player
only 1,000 units at this priceAmazon Price: $109.99
Winning Price: $25
Shop Electronics

Top Bottom