• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Zero Time Dilemma Preorders - Aksys Watch Tax in Europe is 10x Atlus Tax!

I'm going digital day one, but I have my Watch copies preordered. I would prefer receiving everything together later, at this point, but I think that relaying this kind of info to Amazon, who is dealing with my int'l shipping, will result in a mess...

Still yes, I'm paying A LOT of import fees and stuff (40$ shipping and fees for two games), I hope I won't have to pay for them twice for this reason.

BTA

I think Amazon is just messing with me at this point. I just got two e-mails about updated pre-orders. Neither of them were about ZTD and both were just updating to new placeholder dates for the relevant game. Nice.

Madao

i'm this close to cancelling the preorder.

this split up guarantees that i'll have to spend and extra $11 due to shipping since i'm outside the US and each time i order something, there's a $11 shipping fee since i use a service that moves the package between US and my country.

worst of all is that the watches seem to be delayed by "weeks" so it's not like wanting all items together would work out well. atm i'm in track to finish VLR by the time i was supposed to get the package but a big delay would suck.

I think Amazon is just messing with me at this point. I just got two e-mails about updated pre-orders. Neither of them were about ZTD and both were just updating to new placeholder dates for the relevant game. Nice.

haha I got 2 as well. DX and Horizon CEs

I'd like to think that's the case, but the worry is still there that they'll treat the watch edition as the standard for us (especially considering there's no price difference), since they'll look at the order, see the US restriction, and simply fulfill what that they (i.e., the games) and ignore the bonuses when they come in.

It's difficult to say, since this is the first time (at least for me) that's something like this has happened on Amazon.com. Any other time the game and bonus items were split, I always had a pre-order from within Canada.

Hope for the best, I guess.

I am ordering from Singapore so I hope I get both the bonus plus game in the end...

Remk

Meh. one of the few times I order a day one release and this happens

And Amazon just sent me an order update for Persona 5... in the words of Mario on the GBA releases "just what I needed!" :(

jonjonaug

I got an e-mail for release day shipping earlier today and I got all excited, but it was for SMT4:A.

jonjonaug

I just got ANOTHER e-mail for release date delivery ten minutes ago!

It was the Psycho-Pass game.

Amazon is really enjoying trolling me today.

Eusis

I placed a bunch of orders "just in case" of games I'd like to get.

I think it's sent something for all of them but ZTD.

BTA

haha I got 2 as well. DX and Horizon CEs

I got an e-mail for release day shipping earlier today and I got all excited, but it was for SMT4:A.

At least those all have actual dates, though! Mine were Kingdom Heart 3's placeholder moving from the start of January to the end of December, and then Corpse Party getting an end of August placeholder instead of nothing. If all of you are getting e-mails for random stuff, I guess today's just coincidentally their day for fixing this stuff up. I guess that's funny, in a way.

Tagg9

Sounds fine to me. Hopefully Aksys isn't losing any money on this with having to ship out two separate items (presumably insurance would cover it).

tensuke

Didn't know this was supposed to release so soon, thought it was later in the summer. No skin off my back, probably won't be able to sink time into ZTD for a few weeks anyway. Glad to see that, despite there being a problem in the first place, Aksys is doing what they can to rectify the problem for those affected and even provide a little more. The watch is the best looking of the 3 imo, so I can't wait to get it!

jonjonaug

Got yet another "release date shipping" e-mail from Amazon.

It was Persona 5.

I'm going to AX the day after this releases and I want to play this while waiting in the lines of #LineCon2016, so I might just end up buying a digital copy too...

BTA

Got yet another "release date shipping" e-mail from Amazon.

It was Persona 5.

I'm going to AX the day after this releases and I want to play this while waiting in the lines of #LineCon2016, so I might just end up buying a digital copy too...

Yup, just got P5's myself.

What exactly is Amazon going to do regarding shipping the watch out internationally? I'm concerned they won't do that due to the huge postage cost, or charge me shipping again.

Two Words

They should make it up to fans by delivering the watch with a sleep gas grenade and having the owner wake up with the watch on their wrist.

wiibomb

this is extremely bad in my case.

I have to ship the game from US through my forwarding service in US, for this package I get to pay about $10 to ship it to my country, now I have to pay about $10-$15 for the watch now that they are shipping separately ...

I'm upset about this...

NotMSRP

Anyone preordered from Gamestop.com? I preordered both vita & 3ds versions but only getting 1 watch, not 2. Same for you?

I wouldn't have a problem with getting the watch later if my amazon order didn't say this:

Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

Someone needs to let us amazon customers know when we will get the game.

Laharl: it's my understanding that the bonus watch is being shipped separately from the game at a later date because of a manufacturing error.
but when will the game ship and will i get a separate tracking notification when the watch ships?

Allan: Hi, my name is Allan, Thank you for being a prime member. I'll be more than happy to assist you. I hope you are doing great today!
let me check on this for you

Laharl from what I can see on this order, there is not an estimated time or date as to when the order will ship, as we do not have anymore info about it. Now let me see if there's info about the watch

I do not show a separate order for the watch from my end, but if the manufacturer let you know that it is being shipped separately, they should be able to provide a separate tracking number for it so that you are able to check it

What the fuck. It doesn't bother me that i won't get the game on release day but amazon being out of the loop at this point is unacceptable.

Eusis

What the fuck. It doesn't bother me that i won't get the game on release day but amazon being out of the loop at this point is unacceptable.
They're a massive corporation and this is but one niche product they're selling. Expecting to be fully aware on an unusual situation as the weekend starts is kind of ridiculous.

takoyaki

I think that's just a supply chain thing. As long as amazon hasn't received their shipment of the game (which it hasn't according to some people on GAF and the fact that there's still no delivery date for the standard edition either), customer service might not be up to date.

Aksys said all games will be shipped separately from the watch, including Amazon orders.

They're a massive corporation and this is but one niche product they're selling. Expecting to be fully aware on an unusual situation as the weekend starts is kind of ridiculous.

They should know everything at all times. Expecting anything less of a sterling company like amazon is ridiculous.

NotMSRP

Did you order 2 watch versions? I hope Amazon doesnt screw me.

I ordered both 3ds and vita at the same time right when they popped up around July of last year. Think it was around the AX '15 announcement. My Amazon orders have watches each so far. Just the Gamestop orders is missing a watch while the other has it. Anyone else experiencing the same thing or just me losing out on a watch?

Error1355

No update at all on my Amazon account for the pre-order. Super upset that it doesn't look like I'll even get the game on time right now. =/

takoyaki

More good news for people who pre-orderd from amazon:

screenshot2016-06-26a2qsv8.png

screenshot2016-06-26apms55.png

screenshot2016-06-26ar3sfq.png

screenshot2016-06-26al4smb.png

https://twitter.com/Aksys_Danny/with_replies

Kusagari

Do you have Prime? Did you choose one or two day shipping?

I have Prime and selected the usual Prime shipping obviously. I had actually just gotten a couple emails saying they had updated other pre orders to release date shipping and then I got the one for this.

LProtag

Mine still isn't updated.

I talked to a rep the other day and they said since I'm a prime member I'll get it the day it's released, but my order still doesn't have a release date on it. Kind of annoying situation.

chrono01

More good news for people who pre-orderd from amazon:

screenshot2016-06-26a2qsv8.png

screenshot2016-06-26apms55.png

screenshot2016-06-26ar3sfq.png

screenshot2016-06-26al4smb.png

https://twitter.com/Aksys_Danny/with_replies
This is great news for those within the US, but terrible news for everyone who is importing this. I really hope I don't have to pay two separate shipping/handling/duties charges for this shipping to Canada.

Honestly, I'd rather they just hold onto it until everything is ready and then send it out. I probably wouldn't get around to the game anyway, not until I'm finished with Tokyo Mirage Sessions. :(

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
My 3DS Watch Edition still has no update on shipping days or anything. Ugh.

khaaan

Why are people asking an Aksys employee about Amazon shipping? The only thing they can reasonably know is whether or not Amazon has received the shipment, right?

Hylian7

My 3DS Watch Edition still has no update on shipping days or anything. Ugh.

Same, I have a hard time believing I will actually get it if people in here are saying theirs says Thursday, and some say theirs has moved. Mine still shows nothing.

BTA

Still nothing. Really hoping I can get it by Wednesday at least, since I did change it to 1 day shipping once this whole mess started.

Top Bottom