• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread 2: I Got 99 Pre-orders But A Rosalina Ain't One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. If you're just displaying Amiibo, the Detolf is perfect. With one of those steps for each shelf, you can have one case with just the full Smash Amiibo set. I like to give each figure some space so I went with a much larger case from Ikea for all my Amiibo + Disney stuff.

Yikers! $31 = 13% sales tax from amazon.ca.

Seik

Banned
A big, warm, thank you to Sphinx who got me a Villager and a Marth from Germany! :D

Same thing for M1nion who's shipping me a Pit today because my Amazon.ca order got cancelled yesterday.

You people here, I love you all! Now that's what I call a happy ending! :D

CH4OS

I really regret missing falcon: never even saw him in a store! I jumped on Dedede and meta knight since they were two I really didn't want to risk missing and it seems like the majority of the amiibos that go out of stock stay that way.

I rationalized the upcharge by importing from Japan, so in my head the figure itself doesn't cost a huge amount more. It's just the shipping, mainly.

I wish I had more cash to grab a few more, but thats alright: I'm just never missing a pre-order chance again.

I do think some, like sonic and sheik, have an alright chance of surviving being sold out on arrival, but guys like ike and the store exclusives are likely just going to get discontinued

Yeah the way things have gone with waves 1 & 2, I will definitely make sure to get preorders in immediately once available. I will admit, though, it's pretty exhilarating to see one you need and didn't preorder just sitting on a real live store shelf (even if this is an extremely rare occurrence in the states). This site, Amiibo Inquirer, is one I check often. It stays very up to date on release dates, preorders, and sales. I highly suggest anyone to check it out:

http://www.amiiboinquirer.com/

rjinaz

With all the Nintendo stuff going on I realized I hadn't checked this thread today, man How's the hunt going today?

I got two amiibos shipped by TRU today. They used NO packaging! It was just a large empty box with the amiibos inside. It's a miracle there was no damage. Well Fox has a slightly bent corner but it's barely noticeable. I consider myself lucky.

Ludist210

With all the Nintendo stuff going on I realized I hadn't checked this thread today, man How's the hunt going today?

I got two amiibos shipped by TRU today. They used NO packaging! It was just a large empty box with the amiibos inside. It's a miracle there was no damage. Well Fox has a slightly bent corner but it's barely noticeable. I consider myself lucky.
I was at Best Buy picking up my three Infinity figures today and glanced at the amiibo selection...Luigi and Diddy galore, with commons from Wave 1. No Zelda, which was odd...maybe she's uncommon now?

rjinaz

My local Walmart got restocked with all of Wave 1 including 6 Fox amiibos.

Guy said they should get more in the next shipment including some of Wave 2.

He asked me what was going on with Amiibo's and why were they so popular. In my head I was like really, and your working retail......sigh

Same here. I was at walmart to pick up my last amiibo, Peach. The guy told me they got their first restock since they first came out. He was putting some out there, DK at that moment. I asked him if they had any of the rare amiibos, gave him their names, but he was clueless. I might go back but then I really don't need to, I got all the amiibos I need. I would love to get an extra little mac though.

I was at Best Buy picking up my three Infinity figures today and glanced at the amiibo selection...Luigi and Diddy galore, with commons from Wave 1. No Zelda, which was odd...maybe she's uncommon now?

Went out looking around where I live to see what the situation was and the only place that had any decent amount of stock was a Toys r Us. All common ones, but a bunch of each. Target had a few common ones, but both Walmart and Bestbuy had like 5 or less figures total.

B&H sent me a product update email for Marth, Villager, & WFT saying they are discontinued. NO DUHHHHHH! Haha. Anyways, doesn't even say if I'll get a refund. Might have to freakint call. Annoying!

"Dear Customer

Thank you for your interest in the following item:

Nintendo Villager amiibo Figure (Wii U)
(B&H # xxxxxxxxx)

You are receiving this message because you asked to be notified when this item becomes available. We regret to inform you that this item has unfortunately been discontinued. Please check back on our website for similar or possible replacement items.

We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Product Availability Update

Nintendo

B&H # xxxxxxxx
Villager amiibo Figure (Wii U)

Thank you,
The B&H web team"

I spent the around an hour ringing different Toys R Us for Wii Fit Trainer. I really wish they would update the website to say she isn't in stock. The website says she's is but I get a call saying she isn't. My situation at this moment is basically:

Amiibo Discussion Thread 3: I've never heard the thirst for a women in yoga pants so fuckin' hard.

The hunt will continue though!

Anyone else in the UK having any luck with Wii Fit Trainer?

Meeps

B&H sent me a product update email for Marth, Villager, & WFT saying they are discontinued. NO DUHHHHHH! Haha. Anyways, doesn't even say if I'll get a refund. Might have to freakint call. Annoying!

When did you place your order? Mine still says "On Order."

Mononoke

Banned
A big, warm, thank you to Sphinx who got me a Villager and a Marth from Germany! :D

Same thing for M1nion who's shipping me a Pit today because my Amazon.ca order got cancelled yesterday.

You people here, I love you all! Now that's what I call a happy ending! :D

God I love this community :)

Remember guys, I have a google doc for us. PM me your email if you want in. It will help us organize and get missing Amiibos to those needing them.

batfax

Yeah, I haven't received anything from B&H yet besides my original order confirmation, which still seems to be present. I ordered Marth, Villager, Pit, and Mac.

Mononoke

Banned
Have to go out guys. But I made this for someone that asked:

25d2ALV.png

http://i.imgur.com/25d2ALV.png

oNAUVfk.png
'

http://i.imgur.com/oNAUVfk.png

If anyone else needs an AmiiboGAF community avatar, just PM me. I'll get to it when I get back. :D

Insaniac

Here is what happened today:
After working my ass off I was driving home when my friend called me. He told me I should go to the big electronic store at the local mall because he saw some of "those puppets you're collecting".
Now I hate malls with all my passion and try to avoid em as much as I can; plus said store is normally extra shitty when it comes to Nintendo stuff.
I also try to buy most of my videogames at the local mom & pop shops. The prices are higher but the service is like a thousands times better.
anyways...I'm Amiibo hunting since weeks and lately it was "a bit" pain in the ass as certain amiibos were getting rare or you have to fight for them with other costumers.

So I decided to give the stupid mall a try and, boy, I was shocked.
It was like Amiibo heaven. they had 2 huge piles with pretty much all amiibos available atm.
Here is what a pile looked like. It was surrounded by some cool looking amiibo banners.
bmtDFgr.jpg

QQja3dz.jpg

The best thing is that the sales dude said he will ring me when they get rid of the banners, so I can grab them for free. (If they don't have to give em back to Ninty, that is.)

Did you do the right thing and buy extra Villagers? :)

Surprised f.y.e sells amiibos , saw a lot of commons just now
Will check back when wave 3 and later waves release

Also saw the retron5 which I'll watch if it gets discounted :D

btw, for the last time.

Sonic, Shulk and Megaman aren't available to preorder in Japan, yet. (online, not sure 'bout local stores)

Megaman, Meta Knight, King DeDeDe, Shulk and Sonic aren't available to preorder in most of Europe, yet. (online, not sure 'bout local stores)

just putting it out there.

Son Of D

I spent the around an hour ringing different Toys R Us for Wii Fit Trainer. I really wish they would update the website to say she isn't in stock. The website says she's is but I get a call saying she isn't. My situation at this moment is basically:

Amiibo Discussion Thread 3: I've never heard the thirst for a women in yoga pants so fuckin' hard.

Nowhere near me has Wii Fit Trainer either. I'm guessing that only smaller stores in less populated areas will have her, and even then that's going to be a tough find.

Im not in the UK but its in stock @ Amazon.de - Direct from amazon.

Have to go out guys. But I made this for someone that asked:
Thank you so much! It looks great!

Surprised f.y.e sells amiibos , saw a lot of commons just now
Will check back when wave 3 and later waves release

Also saw the retron5 which I'll watch if it gets discounted :D

They actually had them in store? Definitely will be checking that out when I go out Thursday since I signed up for their membership for free for a month around Christmas and can save on them.

AAAAHHHH I missed WFT. I have plenty of wave 1 and 2 rares to trade. Did you get a WFT?

I have Wii-Fit Trainer. I've got everything so far, but have doubles of everyone (gotta quadruple check) except Rosalina and Sheik on order. Quite certain I ordered doubles of Sheik but oh well, so long as I get one in mint condition, I'll be happy.

If anyone wants Dedede or something, I'd be more than happy to pass it on, otherwise I will just cancel the double.

Edit: I still find it hilarious WFT is rare. I actually thought her figure was quite good, even in initial shots. Turns out she's also one of the nicer, neater looking figures in final form too.

The shipping fees aren't really my thing though. It's cheap sure, but I'm on a "mission" to buy every Amiibo without having to go sellers fees on eBay or Amazon. So far so good.

Yeah I'd feel the same. I ordered a bunch from Germany cause its close to what Id buy here in Australia where Amiibo is now non existent. Come to think of it im paying a figure or 2 more to get em all here.

I'm at a crossroad now. Amazon Germany have been nice combining my orders as new figures have come in (they added Pit, Wii Trainer to my existing order). But they cant add Villager as its located at another fulfillment center. The shipping will cost more than the figure. 12.60 euro for villager - 15,60 for shipping. Grrrrrrr what to do?

Gartooth

imagine the madness that will be unleashed if the upcoming Nintendo Direct announces Wave 4 :O

I'm starting to wonder if/when Nintendo starts announcing Amiibo lines for other games. Granted I'm not sure if we will see them released until the Smash characters are finished.

I'm starting to wonder if/when Nintendo starts announcing Amiibo lines for other games. Granted I'm not sure if we will see them released until the Smash characters are finished.

At the rate things are going, it almost feels like some smash amiibos will still be in the pipeline by the time star fox happens (which is said to use amiibo right?)

Converse

Banned
Just like Marth, Villager, and WFT, that's only for in store pick up if in stock.

Well, not quite -- I was mistaken about him being in stock (you're right that it's store pickup only, which is useless), but they are most certainly not listing Marth, Villager or WFT. If you follow the "Shop All" link from Best Buy's main amiibo page, it just lists 12 commons and Fox, which is what mislead me. However, if you search "amiibo" you'll see 22 different figures. In summation, Best Buy's amiibo situation seems to be just as big a mess as every other North American retailer's.

Anyway, carry on.

I pre-ordered meta but forgot shulk. Cancelled, went to re-order. Gone :(

Cancelled Villager from Germany, gonna try my luck wit Amazon Italy. Curse you high shipping prices.

Brian★;147306176 said:
it's because they have to ship from DHL.

Yeah true.

Not happy they cant move an item from one distribution center to another so it can combine. Or at least hold the order till it gets to that distribution center whenever that would be.

I need to relocate to US or Europe. Become a Amiibo hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom