• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread 2: I Got 99 Pre-orders But A Rosalina Ain't One

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a form of Leukemia. Adults rarely get it, it's more common in children. No one in my family has ever had it. And I never knew adults could even get this type. So I was totally floored when I got hit with it a year and a half ago. Had to do a bunch of rounds of chemo. For some reason I wasn't able to kick it. I got worse and worse. Also my body didn't take ot the chemo well (not everyone reacts to it the same way), and I got really sick.

Was the worst time of my life. At one point I got down to 90 pounds. Worst part is, my cousin committed suicide right in the middle of my treatment. She was the only support I had in real life. She was suffering a life long battle with chronic depression. So her death basically broke my heart, and made me give up. I was very close to throwing in the towel. I lost the will to survive. I'm an atheist and had a falling out with my parents 5 years ago. And when my family found out, my mom actually told me God gave me cancer and told me it was a punishment for my sin. So my own family wouldn't lift a finger to help me. So my only family/physical support was gone. I had nothing. It was so much pain, suffering. I was so alone, and so scared.

But GAF held me up. They became my family. They kept me going. GAF doesn't really even know the extent to which they have helped me.

One day turned into two days. Two days turned into a week. And before I knew it, months went by and it eventually worked and I kicked it. That is why I have so much love and energy, and excitement in this thread. Why i want to help anyone out, and make them feel good. Why I want this community to succeed. Because collecting Amiibos has helped me out during my depression post-cancer and during remission. I had PTSD given all the trauma from the cancer, and the things my family did. I struggled a lot after I kicked the cancer (when I should have been happy). But my GF encouraged me to collect Amiibos. And it's been so much fun, and brought me so much joy. And I love this AmiiboGAF community. I feel like I have friends I can talk to. I feel like I have a place I belong.

Sorry, getting a bit emotional. You guys just make me so happy. I don't even know what I could do to express my gratitude and what I feel. I'll just continue to do my best, and try to make this the best sub-community on this site. To help make everyone else feel happy too. Because that's what you guys do for me. :D
I know this is from pages back, but
2596154-patrick_thumbsup.gif

I don't really want to bring religion into this so I'll just quickly say that I believe in God and I couldn't say that to someone. That's not how you try to convince someone to believe in something. What they should do, what I'll do, is thank God for your well being now and positive news. That's all I say other than I'm just happy for you. Keep being strong, have a positive attitude, and focus on what makes you happy. Even if it's something as small as amiibos, we'll stick together for it and help when we can.

So a Nintendo rep came into my local Gamestop today. I stood off a fair distance but did hear him say to the staff that if anyone came in to inquire about the New 3DS systems that they were to direct the customers to watch the Nintendo Direct tomorrow. He also hinted at preorders for the system going live tomorrow after the direct or by the end of the week

The rep and I did end up chatting one-on-one (I used to work at that particular location before transferring to a different store so he knew me) and we talked about the amiibo situation and he says Nintendo is well aware of the problems with stock. He mentioned some of the other amiibo that are now hard to find (WFT, Villager and Marth) will end up coming back into stock but he couldn't say when. He also mentioned that Shulk is completely sold out company-wide so if you didn't preorder, you are SOL unless someone didn't pick up their preorder (he said he himself is still trying to find a Pit for his collection and I told him how I ended up travelling nearly 30 miles from DC to get one when I called a store that had three).

I also mentioned to him about the trending topic of the guy claiming to have purchased the 100 Rosalina amiibo and he was beyond blown away with disbelief. He said while they generally cannot tell retailers to place a limit on sales or not, Nintendo could actually look into the situation if warranted and seek to cancel most, if not all, of his orders if it turned out to be true. I told him if push came to shove, I would be at a Target upon store opening on the 1st of February to see if I could snag a potential Rosalina in store. He said to keep a close eye on 2/1 as that was likely the final streetdate and to be on the lookout for the more popular stock.

I really hope tomorrow's Nintendo Direct gives us a firm release date for Wave 3 and some clarification that Amiibos won't be this clusterfuck for Wave 3 and on.

So a Nintendo rep came into my local Gamestop today. I stood off a fair distance but did hear him say to the staff that if anyone came in to inquire about the New 3DS systems that they were to direct the customers to watch the Nintendo Direct tomorrow. He also hinted at preorders for the system going live tomorrow after the direct or by the end of the week

The rep and I did end up chatting one-on-one (I used to work at that particular location before transferring to a different store so he knew me) and we talked about the amiibo situation and he says Nintendo is well aware of the problems with stock. He mentioned some of the other amiibo that are now hard to find (WFT, Villager and Marth) will end up coming back into stock but he couldn't say when. He also mentioned that Shulk is completely sold out company-wide so if you didn't preorder, you are SOL unless someone didn't pick up their preorder (he said he himself is still trying to find a Pit for his collection and I told him how I ended up travelling nearly 30 miles from DC to get one when I called a store that had three).

I also mentioned to him about the trending topic of the guy claiming to have purchased the 100 Rosalina amiibo and he was beyond blown away with disbelief. He said while they generally cannot tell retailers to place a limit on sales or not, Nintendo could actually look into the situation if warranted and seek to cancel most, if not all, of his orders if it turned out to be true. I told him if push came to shove, I would be at a Target upon store opening on the 1st of February to see if I could snag a potential Rosalina in store. He said to keep a close eye on 2/1 as that was likely the final streetdate and to be on the lookout for the more popular stock.

My uncle who works at Nintendo said...

Edzi

I wonder if this gives hope to Little Mac ever coming back.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
He also mentioned that Shulk is completely sold out company-wide so if you didn't preorder, you are SOL unless someone didn't pick up their preorder (he said he himself is still trying to find a Pit for his collection and I told him how I ended up travelling nearly 30 miles from DC to get one when I called a store that had three).

I'll never be an Amiibro T_T.

Mononoke

Banned
You guys are beyond incredible. I have so many offers for Shulk. I'll let you guys know on the first day if I'm not able to get Shulk. I'm just beyond words that so many are offering me their extra. It sounds pathetic, but I'm almost shaking and feel like tearing up. Just because the act of kindness means more to me then just getting an Amiibo. Just after all I've been through. The cruel things some people have done to me. You guys being that nice on top of everything else this community has done for me, Im just overwhelmed. That's the best I can say. I'm overwhelmed with joy.

I will continue to do whatever I can to help anyone complete their collection. You guys have done so much to help me so ill do whatever I can to help you.

*group hug*

"My uncle who works at Nintendo..." is basically a common way of calling out people on their bluffs in regards to insider Nintendo news. (Not saying you're lying though...)

Ah, I see. Well, any Gamestop employee could easily confirm that Nintendo reps travel to stores to inform staff of new releases, update the demo Wii U (and 3DS if the store has one) unit and give instruction on how to handle sensitive information. Our rep generally makes monthly visits but they do pop up before big releases or important directs.

Hero

You guys are beyond incredible. I have so many offers for Shulk. I'll let you guys know on the first day if I'm not able to get Shulk. I'm just beyond words that so many are offering me their extra. It sounds pathetic, but I'm almost shaking and feel like tearing up. Just because the act of kindness means more to me then just getting an Amiibo. Just after all I've been through. The cruel things some people have done to me. You guys being that nice on top of everything else this community has done for me, Im just overwhelmed. That's the best I can say. I'm overwhelmed with joy.

I will continue to do whatever I can to help anyone complete their collection. You guys have done so much to help me so ill do whatever I can to help you.

*group hug*

internet-high-five.jpg

y2dvd

Don't disappoint Nintendo Direct. I wonder if it was smart for them to wait if an announcement surely is coming. Scalpers have made their money and a lot of damage have been done. You know scalpers would be at it again if the trinity gets restocked. Please have a limit purchase this time around!

As a side note, I hope ND mentions restock on GC controller adapters even tho my copy is on the way.

Maengun1

I actually kinda hope they don't announce Wave 4 at the direct tomorrow. Or if they do, that it's not coming until like May or something. I could use an amiibo break.

It would be nice to hear something definitive about whether they will ever restock existing waves though. Yes or No.

*group hug*

With all the shit you've gone through plus the fact you gave away a ps4 AND a vita, what's a Shulk in the grand scheme of things?

All right my fellow amiiboers..... I scored a pair of Captain Falcon....Should I wait to sell them or try and sell them off now?
You are in the wrong thread for that most likely. If you mean sell them to fellow Gaffers at cost and shipping than welcome. If not you probably won't find a very responsive community. Maybe try reddit or the BTS thread. Not bring rude just honest.

Edit: it is also Amiibro or Amiigal officially ha. Do you know the secret handshake?

*group hug*

That's what Gaf is for! Helping others! I think. I think you were looking for a lucario amiibo? If I manage to get an extra one, I'll gladly ship you one to you. You deserve it after all you been thru and the contribution to korragaf

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

*group hug*
*hug*

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Damn it. Was going to preorder shulk this weekend in store. Argh!!!

MrMephistoX

I probably won't open Pit or Mac too...they became extinct.

See this is my problem ...I opened Mac that I got from Gamestop.com impulsively when it arrived on New Years after a night o fun... and had ordered a Japanese one that had already shipped when I found him. Now I'm debating whether or not to send the Japanese Amiibo back, sell it for what I paid $25 or just keep it so I actually have a boxed one!

#firstworldproblems

Seik

Banned
Had to open my Villager, I just can't build the collection and leave him sealed. :)

McIqdUG.jpg

Also, anyone know what's written on my diffuser? Got it for Christmas and I'm wondering ever since, haha!

Confirmed: New 3DSXL will work with Amiibo. Not like we kind of didn't expect that already but whatevaaaaaa. Oh and it will be released on Feb 13th in the US (?)

7pcFiGx.jpg

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
I barely have a clue on values but I'd trade a Japanese marth or US capt falcon for US shulk.

Had to open my Villager, I just can't build the collection and leave him sealed. :)

McIqdUG.jpg

Also, anyone know what's written on my diffuser? Got it for Christmas and I'm wondering ever since, haha!

Classy!

*group hug*

You're awesome Azula <3

Masked Man

I said wow

McIqdUG.jpg

The big character is "zen" (&#31109;), a la Zen Buddhism. I can't make out all of the calligraphy, but I'm pretty sure it's says something about how it's also good for your skin. :D

Seik

Banned
The big character is "zen" (&#31109;), a la Zen Buddhism. I can't make out all of the calligraphy, but I'm pretty sure it's says something about how it's also good for your skin. :D

Thanks! I'm glad to know, at least I'll know what to say to people asking. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom