• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread 2: I Got 99 Pre-orders But A Rosalina Ain't One

Status
Not open for further replies.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
Had to open my Villager, I just can't build the collection and leave him sealed. :)

McIqdUG.jpg

Also, anyone know what's written on my diffuser? Got it for Christmas and I'm wondering ever since, haha!

I haven't opened a amiibo in days. I.......kinda.... Just want to open one.

That looks cool as hell btw

Amiibo gaf, is diddy amiibo considered rare? I see people trying to sell these for double the price now and yet I just came back from target that was fully stocked with them. Thinking about getting one if his amiibo is rare.

Hatchtag

Banned
Amiibo gaf, is diddy amiibo considered rare? I see people trying to sell these for double the price now and yet I just came back from target that was fully stocked with them. Thinking about getting one if his amiibo is rare.

Kinda but not really. He's next in line to be considered rare, though.

From most rare to common I would rank wave 2 in the US:

Lil Mac Daddy (rarest)
Pit
Capitan Falcon
Diddy Kang (uncommon)
Zelda
Luigi (most common)

I would not pay more than $13 for Diddy at the moment.

LostAnkh

Nope, he's a common just like Luigi and Zelda.

I love how Amazon ships stuff. Everything is packaged so nicely. No mangled packages.
That really depends on how much packing material they have.

i-Jest

Depends on the region. He's common in some places and uncommon in others. Here in Canada he's uncommon, well he is in my city.

Still the only one I'm worried about is Rosalina. I'll just hit up Target on release date and hopefully stores have them.
Is there a specific release date for her amiibo? can't seem to find anything but February 2015. Canadian target aren't doing preorders so I have to go there at opening.

Fandangox

Is there a specific release date for her amiibo? can't seem to find anything but February 2015. Canadian target aren't doing preorders so I have to go there at opening.

Right now the placeholder date in most places is February First, release date for Wave 3 will probably (hopefully) mentioned in today's direct.

wilflare

You guys are beyond incredible. I have so many offers for Shulk. I'll let you guys know on the first day if I'm not able to get Shulk. I'm just beyond words that so many are offering me their extra. It sounds pathetic, but I'm almost shaking and feel like tearing up. Just because the act of kindness means more to me then just getting an Amiibo. Just after all I've been through. The cruel things some people have done to me. You guys being that nice on top of everything else this community has done for me, Im just overwhelmed. That's the best I can say. I'm overwhelmed with joy.

I will continue to do whatever I can to help anyone complete their collection. You guys have done so much to help me so ill do whatever I can to help you.

*group hug*

if you are ever missing any Amiibos, let me know. I'll see what I can find in Singapore :D

hang in there!

You guys are beyond incredible. I have so many offers for Shulk. I'll let you guys know on the first day if I'm not able to get Shulk. I'm just beyond words that so many are offering me their extra. It sounds pathetic, but I'm almost shaking and feel like tearing up. Just because the act of kindness means more to me then just getting an Amiibo. Just after all I've been through. The cruel things some people have done to me. You guys being that nice on top of everything else this community has done for me, Im just overwhelmed. That's the best I can say. I'm overwhelmed with joy.

I will continue to do whatever I can to help anyone complete their collection. You guys have done so much to help me so ill do whatever I can to help you.

*group hug*

Hang in there, Azula. No matter how far away they are, there is always someone to support you.

I'm looking for a Wii Fit Trainer and Villager, they're the only two amiibos I need. I ain't gonna pay $35 or over for it.
I can pay for shipping as well. Thanks.

Please don't be from Germany, lmao, no offense to Germans, but the shipping costs are so frigging large.
pm me. :)

btw, Azula your story is so touching. It's so lucky your alive. Be happy all the time!

Ibuki

Banned
Did someone make a template for the amiibo flair? If not would someone be so kind to set my avatar up? I appreciate it!

Fox Mulder

Damn it. Was going to preorder shulk this weekend in store. Argh!!!

Gotta preorder the ones you want with how fucked these releases are. I've got preorders for dedede, shulk, lucario, and two for Bowser. I expect lucario to be canceled because TRU sucks like that.

I probably wont keep shulk, can pass him off to someone in here or trade for a meta knight or something.

CH4OS

Man, I preordered Shulk so long ago. I think it was like November of last year. Word was just getting out about the Trinity being discontinued and I panic ordered most of wave 3 from TRU (we all know how that turned out). I hope they don't forget about my Shulk since it was so long ago!

Gotta preorder the ones you want with how fucked these releases are. I've got preorders for dedede, shulk, lucario, and two for Bowser. I expect lucario to be canceled because TRU sucks like that.

I probably wont keep shulk, can pass him off to someone in here or trade for a meta knight or something.

I'd take you up on that Shulk offer definitely!

I'm so conflicted about wanting to collect them all now. This thread, the thrill of the hunt, the fact that i love figures.

At the same time, its a bit of money, and i don't wanna start getting close only to hit a brick wall with stuff like Rosalina and Lucario.

I also really want to look into getting some custom work done. My samus is nice, but i think she would look better in blue and yellow...

I'm so conflicted about wanting to collect them all now. This thread, the thrill of the hunt, the fact that i love figures.

At the same time, its a bit of money, and i don't wanna start getting close only to hit a brick wall with stuff like Rosalina and Lucario.

I was the same.

Telling myself only the figures I know off, classic characters.

Now I've got them all ordered except for Shulk, Meta, and Marth. Yes.... Addictive!

SalvaPot

The New 3DS launch means a lot of people who were not interested in collecting amiibos are going to jump on them now.

And yes, there is a LOT of them. Priices for rare may even go up a little bit if there are no restocks soon.

Jswanko

I'll have wave 1 complete once trinity arrives on Saturday, wave 2 is complete, and wave 3 all preordered except for Rosalina. Can't believe it was only a month or so ago that I had zero amiibos and close to no interest in them.

Thank you all for nurturing and enabling this sickness. Couldn't be happier!

Vylash

i'm that guy who was gonna wait until the holidays for a Wii Fit Trainer and now i'm fucked, not taking any chances with Rosalina

Sora_N

Rosalina is available for preorder on AmiAmi: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-009101

Looks like all the preorders are open again.

Thanks, preordered Rosalina. Guess I'm gonna cancel my Amazon UK order. It's a little bit cheaper I think and I rarely get hit by duties ordering from Japan.

I really hate how Lucario was sculpted so I'm undecided if I should get a Japanese one. :/ Toys R Us exclusives haven't been toooo hard to get in the past (like Skylanders), but Amiibo supply has been awful

I just ordered another Rosalina and DDD (have one NA version preordered but I don't trust Amazon, I must have DDD), and it makes shipping more worthwhile. Hopefully I can sell one Rosalina on Craigslist for a profit to cover the shipping or something.

Yeah I'd feel the same. I ordered a bunch from Germany cause its close to what Id buy here in Australia where Amiibo is now non existent. Come to think of it im paying a figure or 2 more to get em all here.

I'm at a crossroad now. Amazon Germany have been nice combining my orders as new figures have come in (they added Pit, Wii Trainer to my existing order). But they cant add Villager as its located at another fulfillment center. The shipping will cost more than the figure. 12.60 euro for villager - 15,60 for shipping. Grrrrrrr what to do?

Yeah that sucks! :(
The New 3DS launch means a lot of people who were not interested in collecting amiibos are going to jump on them now.

And yes, there is a LOT of them. Priices for rare may even go up a little bit if there are no restocks soon.

Oh shit!
tumblr_nguefusrOc1tsbiq2o1_1280.jpg

LESSSS GOOOO!

Thoraxes

Got amazon.fr shipping update on Lucario.

"Nous avons reçu de nouvelles informations concernant la date de parution pour cette commande. Nous sommes donc heureux de vous informer que le ou les articles suivants seront expédiés plus tôt que ce qui était prévu."

Looks like he's shipping out soon :)

It's happening folks!

Also, i'll probably be seeking out some help from you dudes getting a Metaknight. He's the only one i'm missing for W3 preorders :(

gundalf

cv8qyijme0888taab.jpg

I got today my first amiibo from Amazon and i am very disappointed, is it normal that amiibo figures look so bad? I am thinking of canceling my Toon Link Preorder.

Golnei

cv8qyijme0888taab.jpg

I got today my first amiibo from Amazon and i am very disappointed, is it normal that amiibo figures look so bad? I am thinking of canceling my Toon Link Preorder.

The rounder characters have some really obvious seams - Kirby is similarly afflicted.

Thankfully, Toon Link wasn't hit that badly.
amiibo-2__large.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom