• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anúna (Irish/Celtic choral ensemble) to participate in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 OST

Pandy

Mario & Luigi Dream Team
Mario & Luigi Paper Jam
Paper Mario Color Splash
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Fire Emblem Echoes
Every Zelda game from the last decade
Kid Icarus Uprising (if you need one with lots of voice acting)
Pokémon like you said.

are some examples that come to mind.

But there is no history of Xenoblade delays so why does it exists. People just feel it's too good to be true and too soon after X and "well Zelda..."
lol

Possibly not 'delays' in the technical sense, but seriously? In this case it's understandable people are doubtful until they're given a firmer date.

On topic: does the mention of 'Pony' as the recording studio mean the soundtrack CDs are going to be buggered with DRM like the XCX ones were?

Piers

This is awesome, but still doesn't stop me thinking about Crazy Pants the Hero and his band of 7 year old adults.

skypunch

Banned
FWIW, she's on a tour starting today...so she may not be able to record a song. I'd gladly accept Joanne Hogg.

I think it's gonna be either Joanne Hogg or Andrea Delaney. Joanne Hogg is still an iffy one though considering he hasn't worked with her since Xenosaga I.

TheMoon

lol

Possibly not 'delays' in the technical sense, but seriously? In this case it's understandable people are doubtful until they're given a firmer date.

Okay I forgot about X getting moved to 2015, fair enough. (You could've just pointed that out instead of lol'ing)

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm a few days late, but niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

In a really twisted and geeky way, it's Mitsuda's Millennial Fair stuff, particularly around the time of Xenogears Creid and Chrono Cross that gave me an appreciation for riverdance and bulgarian choir. Obviously those influences can be found threaded over JRPG music by so many different people ever since.

I'm a few days late, but niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

In a really twisted and geeky way, it's Mitsuda's Millennial Fair stuff, particularly around the time of Xenogears Creid and Chrono Cross that gave me an appreciation for riverdance and bulgarian choir. Obviously those influences can be found threaded over JRPG music by so many different people ever since.

I'd just want to see it all back in full force.

wmlk

I love the more cultural stuff that Mitsuda tries out with his tracks. It's always been a thing with his music but I feel like it's gotten more and more pronounced with his more recent stuff. I just hope Xenoblade 2 has some of that moody, synth heavy tracks from the SNES and PS1 days. I'm less a fan of his full blown symphonic + vocal music. Tracks like Secret of the Forest and Another World theme with the bass sounds is what made him so popular. Hopefully his contributions to Xenoblade 2 are more than just a handful main themes that are orchestral. I'd love to hear new music that reminds me of his past work.

EDarkness

Lot of potential for this soundtrack. Wouldn't be surprised if it's best in the series. Admittedly not super hard to do, but nonetheless.

I don't know, Xenoblade Chronicles X soundtrack is one of my all-time favorite game soundtracks. I probably listen to it everyday in some form. Mitsuda does great work, so I don't doubt this will be good, too, but gonna be hard to top Xenoblade Chronicles X for me.

duckroll

In my not so humble opinion, Mitsuda's Creid is the greatest videogame album to ever have been released in human history. If you disagree, you are probably wrong and a terrible person to boot.

wmlk

In my not so humble opinion, Mitsuda's Creid is the greatest videogame album to ever have been released in human history. If you disagree, you are probably wrong and a terrible person to boot.

To Far Away Times is better for Wind Scene and Schala's Theme alone. Schala's Theme especially, man, he incorporated all three of her character themes from CC and CT in one thing.

skypunch

Banned

I second this. Cried is incredible.

I don't know, Xenoblade Chronicles X soundtrack is one of my all-time favorite game soundtracks. I probably listen to it everyday in some form. Mitsuda does great work, so I don't doubt this will be good, too, but gonna be hard to top Xenoblade Chronicles X for me.

You've lost the plot.

It's hard to say. It's not uncommon for choral elements to be recorded separately because it gives better control in the mix.

This is true.

Shiggy

Everyone agrees that it has a pretty good chance of hitting Japan by the end of the year. I don't think Soraya Saga would tweet about it if she wasn't confident in that.

What's in question is if it'll hit outside of Japan at the same time, which could be really challenging if they haven't started the localization already.

Xenoblade Chronicles X was fully localised four months after the Japanese release. If they had wanted to release it simultaneously and not hold it back for strategic reasons, they could have achieved that. They manage to do that for Pokemon games and Mario RPGs already. Now even the newest Fire Emblem game gets a simultaneous launch.

To Far Away Times is better for Wind Scene and Schala's Theme alone. Schala's Theme especially, man, he incorporated all three of her character themes from CC and CT in one thing.

To Far Away Times is amazing, but it could have been so, so much more :/

Ridley327

Xenoblade Chronicles X was fully localised four months after the Japanese release. If they had wanted to release it simultaneously and not hold it back for strategic reasons, they could have achieved that. They manage to do that for Pokemon games and Mario RPGs already. Now even the newest Fire Emblem game gets a simultaneous launch.

Again, I think people would feel a lot more confident if we've seen even one screen with English text.

anaron

Yaaaaaassss!

Get Joanne Hogg in there, too!

*high fives*

I could listen to Creid's Balto on loop forever.

Top Bottom