• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

Just want to say that WidgetLocker is awesome again. After the most recent update I get no lag when turning on the screen, no more battery drain, and now they allow 6 shortcuts on the ICS slider. Why use stock lockscreen? It's perfect.

Cynar

Just want to say that WidgetLocker is awesome again. After the most recent update I get no lag when turning on the screen, no more battery drain, and now they allow 6 shortcuts on the ICS slider. Why use stock lockscreen? It's perfect.

Good to know they fixed battery drain. I stopped using it because of that issue.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Well, I went to the Telstra shop to enquire about picking up a Nexus and the sales guy told me not too and that they're 'crap' which kinda pissed on my interest. I think i'm just gonna try out a One X (or maybe an S) and if i like it will pick it up outright. TOO MUCH CHOICE. D: I've gone research crazy. I think every link on the internet has been ravaged by me googling.

Well, I went to the Telstra shop to enquire about picking up a Nexus and the sales guy told me not too and that they're 'crap' which kinda pissed on my interest. I think i'm just gonna try out a One X (or maybe an S) and if i like it will pick it up outright. TOO MUCH CHOICE. D: I've gone research crazy. I think every link on the internet has been ravaged by me googling.
One X.

gcubed

If you really want vanilla android get a nexus. If it doesn't matter to you, get a one x.

And dont ever listen to a sales person

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
If you really want vanilla android get a nexus. If it doesn't matter to you, get a one x.

And dont ever listen to a sales person
I know I shouldn't listen. It just kinda rained on my parade and made me have second thoughts. So I left. And yeah, leaning towards the X... Telstra don't (and won't) have it, so the only option is an outright purchase, given I won't touch the other Aussie networks. The thought of signing up to another contract isn't very appealing, anyway.

jokkir

Does anyone know a way to make Facebook close any cached item or force close it if the app in in the background?

I'm sure Facebook is to blame when my battery drains really quickly because for some reason, it doesn't close by itself.

I was using my Galaxy S II from AT&T today just like every day.

The battery on it drained pretty quickly today though, which was unusual. This morning I took the charger out of the phone around 9:15 AM and the battery drained out around 4:15 PM. It only lasted for 6 hours when I usually get a full day out of it.

What can I do to make sure the battery lasts as long as possible?

The battery on it drained pretty quickly today though, which was unusual. This morning I took the charger out of the phone around 9:15 AM and the battery drained out around 4:15 PM. It only lasted for 6 hours when I usually get a full day out of it.

Check if any apps are fucking around in the background. I had this issue with Getjar and got rid of it.

Home

I got a Nexus this past Sunday and I'm really liking it so far. Fast and responsive compared to my old phone, which was getting pretty old (og iphone).

jokkir

Get BetterBatteryStats from the store and see what apps are running in the background and see what using up the most battery

I'm looking to get my first smart phone soon. I'm thinking about getting the droid razr maxx due to the battery life, but the internet is saying that that a new model called the razr hd is coming out soon. Does anyone think that it is worth waiting for?

santouras

I know I shouldn't listen. It just kinda rained on my parade and made me have second thoughts. So I left. And yeah, leaning towards the X... Telstra don't (and won't) have it, so the only option is an outright purchase, given I won't touch the other Aussie networks. The thought of signing up to another contract isn't very appealing, anyway.

I'm on Telstra with a Galaxy Nexus. Rocks. Make sure you flash the stock bootloader etc onto it as soon as you get it tho otherwise you are tied to Telstra for updates. They are still on 4.0.1.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1391881

Cipherr

radio-shack-one-x.jpg

Damn, things are good man. Freaking Flagship LTE smartphones going for $149 at release w/contract. Shit is amazing.

besiktas1

A little OT but pick my poison :) ... I just wish I had a Lumia White to look at as well. So sexy...
taken with ipod touch that's why it's shit quality

KSFNg.jpg

Sony loves making sexy beasts.

I loved their previous Xperia Line, with the X10, Arc, Play, etc (I owned a X8 for 2 months). This 2012 line is ugly in comparison (but not ugly on it own). They're definitely prettier than HTC phones. God I swear none of those appeal to me visually.

sangreal

Can anyone suggest a good ROM to use on an HTC Thunderbolt? A friend of mine has one, and says there's no working CyanogenMod ROM available.

there are CM7 roms, no cm9 (with data). I use CM7.1 on my thunderbolt, but there are 7.2 roms out there. I'm too lazy to update since mine works fine

JWong

Banned
I loved their previous Xperia Line, with the X10, Arc, Play, etc (I owned a X8 for 2 months). This 2012 line is ugly in comparison (but not ugly on it own). They're definitely prettier than HTC phones. God I swear none of those appeal to me visually.

Nah, the Xperia S is waaaaay sexier than my Arc.

The clear stripe and the matte finish makes my Arc look like a cheap piece of plastic.

Ashhong

I've got my eyes on the Xperia Sola, seems like a decent all-around phone. I'll be getting this one unless the S3 turns out to be quite a bit smaller than its predecessor.

LTfVu.png

Looking at a partial picture of that I thought it was an iPhone knockoff. But then I saw that giant bezel area under the screen. What the hell is the point in that? The phone would look great if that was at least 70% smaller.

JWong

Banned
Looking at a partial picture of that I thought it was an iPhone knockoff. But then I saw that giant bezel area under the screen. What the hell is the point in that? The phone would look great if that was at least 70% smaller.

iPhone knockoff?
KuGsj.gif

Not even remotely close.

mkenyon

Banned
A little OT but pick my poison :) ... I just wish I had a Lumia White to look at as well. So sexy...
taken with ipod touch that's why it's shit quality
Note. No question. The "one handed" people probably haven't used it. I can do everything but browse/play games one handed, and I have medium to smallish sized hands.

tino

Banned
Any one want to join in a SGSIII spec prediction pool?

The prediction would involve:

Screen size:
Resolution:
Global CPU:
US CPU:
Battery size:
back material:
removable battery:
SD slot:

Anything I am missing?
There need to be a deadline too.

rozay

Banned
Screen size:4.65 inches
Resolution:1280x720
Global CPU:that quad core exynos
US CPU:probably a snapdragon
Battery size:1800-1900mAH
back material:plastic
removable battery:yes
SD slot:yes

Blackhead

Redarse
Any one want to join in a SGSIII spec prediction pool?

The prediction would involve:

Screen size:
Resolution:
Global CPU:
US CPU:
Battery size:
back material:
removable battery:
SD slot:

Anything I am missing?
There need to be a deadline too.
Screen type: (e.g. LCD, Amoled, futuristic flexible plastic)
Charging method: (e.g. microusb, samsung proprietary connector, inductive, completely wireless)
LED notifier: (yes, no, simple BB style or nice GN style)
S-Pen: (yes, no, screen supports but pen not included)
Dedicated camera button: (yes, no)
Camera specs: (e.g. 16MP, Xenon flash)
NFC: (no, yes, yes with tags and other bundled accessories)

You could also make a bingo game for live conference.

charging method? c'mon son...
the others are good though.

Screen size: 4.5"
Resolution: 1280*720
Global CPU: Quad Core Exynos
US CPU: Quad Core Exynos
Battery size: 2100 mAh
back material: Polycarbonate
removable battery: Yes
SD slot: Yes

Screen size: 4.65"
Resolution: 1280x720 Samoled HD (hopefully with better max brightness levels than the GN)
Global CPU: Quad core exynos 4412
US CPU:
Camera: 12mp
Battery size: 1850mah
back material: Brushed metal/ ceramic aluminium (it'll be some sort of metal, based on that invite flyer)
removable battery: nope
SD slot: nope

Donos

A dummy box of the GS3 leaked...1.4ghz quad core, 4.6" screen, 1gb RAM, 8MP camera, no physical buttons like the Galaxy Nexus, microSD card slot, 1184 x 720 resolution (320 DPI)

Looks like I know what my next phone will be.

People i know with GSI/II like the (iphone)like home button to wake up their phone. Some ppl won't be happy if they remove it.

Toki767

People i know with GSI/II like the (iphone)like home button to wake up their phone. Some ppl won't be happy if they remove it.

The US never got that home button in our variations of the Galaxy S so no home button and all software buttons is perfectly fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom