• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf comes out in a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucent

Can you throw me your code, Lucent?

I can't find it. (Could be laziness).

GOO3SQQ.jpg

There I am again. =D

Onikaan

I'm going to forget who's who so quickly...

Maybe we could put our status messages as our GAF names?

Thinking aloud, maybe there's another way of organising?

Added a bunch of folks from the last few pages. Would be splendid if you could confirm them! Thank ye. If anyone adds me after I've posted just quote me and I'll add you up too!

Ask my permisson before you chop all my trees down or use my toilet.
Added.

So I can chop all of them down except for one before I have to ask? Awesome!

Oh god what happened in this thread? I stopped coming in it for a day or so and now people are spamming friend codes.

Something cool happen? Or are we just preparing?

Neiteio

I'll post this on a new page:

Here's some of the new stuff in New Leaf I can recall offhand:

- Dream Emporium allows you to upload a copy of your town for others to visit online even when you're not around, at NO risk to your town. They can purchase/collect items from your town before returning to their own. You can likewise tour uploaded towns yourself.

- Tom Nook runs a neighborhood of model homes, containing replicas of homes of other users, both local and online (StreetPass, SpotPass), in which you can buy copies of any given piece of furniture, etc, including pieces with customized patterns.

- The ability to create patterns with our own custom color palette, and turn them into QR codes for instant sharing with others -- no need to painstakingly recreate patterns pixel by pixel. Also, you can place patterns on virtually anything, including individual pieces of furniture, and in the end, you can take screenshots of anything, anywhere, anytime, meaning you can share shots of your custom home and town.

- As mayor you can collect community contributions to fund benches, bridges, fountains, playscapes, windmills, lighthouses, totem poles, archways, igloos, lawn ornaments and more. You even hold ribbon-cutting ceremonies for them, and have a secretary that can accompany you across town, and your own office, as well.

- Homes and the all-new camping tents can be individually placed; the exterior of homes are also now fully customizable, right down to the architectural style and hedges. Also, your basement can be fully customized like any other room now, and you still have multiple rooms on the main floor of the house.

- You can go on a picnic, eat popsicles outside, walk about town drinking coffee, and on that note, you can work part-time as a barista, and at night, you can go clubbing at the disco, one of many shops in the dedicated shopping plaza across the train tracks, which also includes a dedicated gardening shop, shoes/socks/boots shop, and more. Isn't there even someone you can hire to pluck weeds for you?

- You can wear individual pieces of clothing on individual parts of your body, including swimsuits, in which you can go swimming and snorkeling down by the beach, diving for treasure or collecting fish. There is also an island to sail to with minigames to play with up to four players, locally or online, including timed hedge maze races and whack-a-mole.

- Something to the effect of 1.5X the number of items in City Folk are available in New Leaf. And again, all of the furniture can be customized by way of the new alpaca characters.

Hmm, what am I missing?

GAMERG0D

Oh god what happened in this thread? I stopped coming in it for a day or so and now people are spamming friend codes.

Something cool happen? Or are we just preparing?
Mostly preparation. I enjoy the occasional conversation that happens but less of that is happening. :(

nin1000

Banned
This will be my first real Animal Crossing experience as i did not play the GC/Wii or DS version of the game.
Only used the GC to play F-Zero at that time.
Already bought me Luigis Mansion 2 / Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Fire Emblem in order to get the free game which will be New Leaf.
I would be very happy if some guys of you could add me as it has been only 3 weeks since i bought me the 3DS XL.

img20130519233332.jpg

Friendscode : 0318-7275-4996

Acid08

Banned
To answer my own question based on what I can recall about this game (and feel free to correct as needed):

- Dream Emporium allows you to upload a copy of your town for others to visit online even when you're not around, at NO risk to your town. They can purchase/collect items from your town before returning to their own. You can likewise tour uploaded towns yourself.

- Tom Nook runs a neighborhood of model homes, containing replicas of homes of other users, both local and online (StreetPass, SpotPass), in which you can buy copies of any given piece of furniture, etc, including pieces with customized patterns.

- The ability to create patterns that can then be turned into QR codes for instant sharing with others -- no need to painstakingly recreate patterns pixel by pixel. Also, you can place patterns on virtually anything, including individual pieces of furniture, and in the end, you can take screenshots of anything, anywhere, anytime, meaning you can share shots of your custom home and town.

- As mayor you can collect community contributions to fund benches, bridges, fountains, playscapes, windmills, lighthouses, totem poles, archways, igloos, lawn ornaments and more. You even hold ribbon-cutting ceremonies for them, and have a secretary that can accompany you across town, and your own office, as well.

- Homes and the all-new camping tents can be individually placed; the exterior of homes are also now fully customizable, right down to the architectural style and hedges. Also, your basement can be fully customized like any other room now, and you still have multiple rooms on the main floor of the house.

- You can go on a picnic, eat popsicles outside, walk about town drinking coffee, and on that note, you can work part-time as a barista, and at night, you can go clubbing at the disco, one of many shops in the dedicated shopping plaza across the train tracks, which also includes a dedicated gardening shop, shoes/socks/boots shop, and more. Isn't there even someone you can hire to pluck weeds for you?

- You can wear individual pieces of clothing on individual parts of your body, including swimsuits, in which you can go swimming and snorkeling down by the beach, diving for treasure or collecting fish. There is also an island to sail to with minigames to play with up to four players, locally or online, including timed hedge maze races and whack-a-mole.

- Something to the effect of 1.5X the number of items in City Folk are available in New Leaf. And again, all of the furniture can be customized by way of the new alpaca characters.

Hmm, what am I missing?
I'm rock hard. June 9th pls

MicH

A thign I'm really looking forward to is customizing my town. Maybe make a park with a fountain, some benches and street lamps lighting up the area surrounding it. Just the thought of an area like that makes me all giddy.

Also the beaches in this game looks so much better than in the previous games, where there were next to no beaches. This time around they're much bigger and more sandy. Can't wait to decorate those with palm trees <3 We can't place benches, lamps etc at the beach, can we? :(

Also going to the island with my friends or competing in fish and bug competitions with friends! MAN this game has everything!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So... anyone else get excited for small stuff like being able to see animals going in/out of their houses and doing other stuff?

It's such a small detail but I really liked having it in the Gamecube version.

Revven

This thread goes up a page every hour it seems, haha.

Posting my FC again for people who may have missed it etc: 0216-0803-7876, should see me as Yashigani. :p

Imma go and add the people who PM'd me now.

So... anyone else get excited for small stuff like being able to see animals going in/out of their houses and doing other stuff?

It's such a small detail but I really liked having it in the Gamecube version.

I'm just excited for another portable Animal Crossing. I loved the GC version, but the game style is just so appropriate for quick handheld bursts. Wild World remains one of my most played games of all time.

This thread goes up a page every hour it seems, haha.

Testament to how long we've been waiting for the damn thing. 3 YEARS NINTENDO. It's sort of become a pre-OT haha.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I'm just excited for another portable Animal Crossing. I loved the GC version, but the game style is just so appropriate for quick handheld bursts. Wild World remains one of my most played games of all time.

It is a perfect handheld game.

I get so fired up about the smaller features in the game though. To me, Animal Crossing is all about the culmination of a buttload of small features that make the game a lot more fun/interesting.

nin1000

Banned
Thanks to those who added me so quickly and even though it has been stated many times, i love the idea with the message being the actual neogaf name :)

Pretty sure I got everyone up to this point. Here's mine again: 3995-6735-2114

...Holy shit you guys, I'm getting buried in Swapnotes O_O

Edit: And new stationary!! So cool, omg <3

Lucent

Thanks to those who added me so quickly and even though it has been stated many times, i love the idea with the message being the actual neogaf name :)

I changed my message to "NeoGAF:Lucent" plenty of room.

EDIT: I haven't used swapnote much until now. I only got a 3DSXL in March and had a 3DS but sold it to help get a Wii U. So I forget what I have to do to earn new stationary and all those new functions.

GAMERG0D

I changed my message to "NeoGAF:Lucent" plenty of room.

EDIT: I haven't used swapnote much until now. I only got a 3DSXL in March and had a 3DS but sold it to help get a Wii U. So I forget what I have to do to earn new stationary and all those new functions.
You can buy certain stationary with play coins, there are special stationary that you get when someone sends you a message with said stationary.

Goli

So many FCs @_@. I'll add everyone I haven't added later tonight, reposting mine:
2148-8177-9170.
EDIT: My GAF username is the same as my Mii's name since that's my nickname IRL so I won't be changing my status thingy.

Revven

Testament to how long we've been waiting for the damn thing. 3 YEARS NINTENDO. It's sort of become a pre-OT haha.

Three years has definitely been absolutely ridiculous, but that's just since the announcement/showing of it! It's been 5 years since City Folk and if you didn't pick up CF then it's been 6 or 7 years since Wild World!

Onikaan

So many FCs @_@. I'll add everyone I haven't added later tonight, reposting mine:
2148-8177-9170.
EDIT: My GAF username is the same as my Mii's name since that's my nickname IRL so I won't be changing my status thingy.

Added you, Goli. (Here's mine; 3883-5547-3755)

Hohoho, I'm having too much fun with Swapnote. You lot are in for it now.

Somebody stop me.

(On a serious note, please tell me if you don't want to receive random Tingle drawings).

Neiteio

Three years has definitely been absolutely ridiculous, but that's just since the announcement/showing of it! It's been 5 years since City Folk and if you didn't pick up CF then it's been 6 or 7 years since Wild World!
I picked up City Folk but played it for all of 10 minutes before realizing it was basically Wild World Ver. 1.1. Now I loved Wild World, but I wasn't about to do it all over again just for the hell of it.

I think this franchise works best on a portable, anyways, especially now with the ability to have it on the system at all times thanks to DD.

I think this will be my first digital purchase - I mean outside of the non-retail games they sell on the 3DS shop.

I loved the DS game and played it for an embarrassing number of hours. It's been probably 5 years since I've played an AC, too, so the novelty has returned.

My Gaf name is a little long for the character limit, but I changed my message as well. I'll go and add all the new people that listed FCs in a bit.

So the spreadsheet for when this comes out, how are we setting it up?

I was thinking: GAF name - 3DS FC - Town name - Starting Fruit - Region. I've never actually set one up, so sorry for the armchair-ing.

Karkador

Banned
Do you have to re-enter friend codes and stuff when you get a new 3DS? If so, I'll hold off on the friend-coding until I get the AC 3DSXL

HomShaBom

Banned
My Gaf name is a little long for the character limit, but I changed my message as well. I'll go and add all the new people that listed FCs in a bit.

So the spreadsheet for when this comes out, how are we setting it up?

I was thinking: GAF name - 3DS FC - Town name - Starting Fruit - Region. I've never actually set one up, so sorry for the armchair-ing.
I'd include all but town name, it's irrelevant and a waste of space.

I still can't decide if I'm going to keep my AC XL order, as I'm extremely low on cash. What makes matters worse is that I'm moving up north to Portland soon, and my job isn't starting for awhile.

But I know that when I'm more financially stable I'll regret not buying it...

Robin64

We need the town code too (for dream suite) and a personal request would be TTer, yes/no. But people probably don't care about that one as much as I do. :\

nin1000

Banned
Antonio_3DS.png

This Anteater character looks so cute , i think i am going to him as my new avatar !
too bad i cant find a good quality picture of him :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom