• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga that could be adapted to big budget movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really you could do most horror manga/anime in general, even crazy shit like Higurashi(you don't have to adapt the whole story with the crazy Rika stuff, more just the general concept of the loop and everyone going nuts)

Gravidee

Attack on Titan and Fullmetal Alchemist could work very well as Hollywood movies. The Japanese AoT adaptation sucked and I don't really have high hopes for their version of FMA.

A dream of mine was having FMA brotherhood adapted into 4 films or something but then that transitioned into a live action HBO series since that would do it more justice.
However the current live action FMA movie in the making is killing the dream right now.

Only if they allow Crystal Kay to sing the ending

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY COWBOY BEBOP MOVIE

Keanu Reeves is too playing John Wick to step into the shoes of Spike Spiegal. Maybe when he's done with the John Wick guys we can him and the directors to take on Cowboy Bebop.

JoJo would be amazing if done right. I think Part 3+ would be difficult, but Parts 1 and 2 would be more managable.

Needs chiseled actors though. Chiseled Aztec gods of fitness.

Monster could work as an HBO show but not a movie. Shortening Tenmas struggle, and the amount of people he meets, etc, would go against how the show should be watch imo

Berserk or Monster as a movie would not work. Both have way too many subtle details and extensive character development. They need a lot of room to breathe and would both be better suited as a big budget TV series.

I'd kill for HBO to pick up Berserk. If done right I'm confident it would be the next Game of Thrones phenomenon. The quality of Berserk deserves to reach a wider audience damn it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom