• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another iPhone 8 leak emerges, new color.

Looks awful with that gold.

Sony had an Xperia in copper one year that looked good.

97c56f18e2950f0c6d6b208f00697283.jpg

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Also, copper gold is probably for China. Get used to getting things that look "funny" to US tastes tailored for the Chinese market. That's why they made gold originally.

Draper

i'm hoping that "gold" is really a silver and the discoloration is from light reflection

I don't know... that looks pretty damn gold to me.

Also, why have an aesthetically pleasing silver frame around the lens of 2 colors, but not the Jet Black?

Hattori

Banned
iPhone cycle is like a reverse Sonic cycle, people will hate the potato shots but once the actual product shots come out they'll come around.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Looks horrible, like an iPhone made for tacky grandmas.

Almost certainly a fake, not very Apple-ish in terms of hues either.

Every other more reliable rumour suggests black only.

Looks awful with that gold.

Sony had an Xperia in copper one year that looked good.

97c56f18e2950f0c6d6b208f00697283.jpg
These are hot as fuck.

Daria

Looks horrible, like an iPhone made for tacky grandmas.

Almost certainly a fake, not very Apple-ish in terms of hues either.

Every other more reliable rumour suggests black only.

theres no way they only release one color, unless they're talking specifically about the anniversary model due to the OLED

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Why are they so glossy :(. Matte is so much better, especially matte black.
Back is glass, hard to do matte.
BUT, how dope would a pseudo matte glass finish like their mac track pad be?

theres no way they only release one color, unless they're talking specifically about the anniversary model due to the OLED
They could get away with one color on the OLED model. The will only produce tens of millions, not hundreds of millions. And they will sell every single one regardless of color they offer.

iPhone cycle is like a reverse Sonic cycle, people will hate the potato shots but once the actual product shots come out they'll come around.
Yep. This, every year like clockwork.

Literally do not care about the back of my phone.

I've had a case that covers all of it besides the apple logo for both iPhones I've purchased

Give me a "Jet" White please, this copper is fukn uggo- and a "Jet" White to match their Jet Black would be a nice callback to older MacBooks/iMacs. I LOVE everything about my Jet Black, I haven't used a case with it since I bought it back in January. It's just a great looking device.

Nightfall

I don't like this design at all. Apple can probably make it mouth watering sexy in its commercials, but I'm just not feeling it.
I'll keep my 6s and will probably switch to a Google Pixel in the foreseeable future.

Owari

As if there's ever been another color option that looks good besides black.

Actually, take that back, the white 3GS was dope.

White faced phones are awful. Especially with that bump on this supposed leak. That camera area should always be black. Looks straight up awful in white.

the_id

FUGLY. I hope these aren't real. Having said that, I might balk and get some for the myself and the MRS.

When is this due to be announced anyway?

Davide

That's what the people were clamoring for, the color of pennies.

Where's that sexy-ass Deep Blue phone that was rumored for the 7?

27021490093_0777fc173c_b.jpg

Nah but let's not make TOO much money now.
This looks like the colour of my OnePlus 5.

Every time I see iPhone 8 it looks worse to me, the white faced version is ugly. A worse looking phone than the 7. It's a phone I'd only take in black.

Vuze

FUGLY. I hope these aren't real. Having said that, I might balk and get some for the myself and the MRS.

When is this due to be announced anyway?
September as usual supposedly. They haven't given a date for the keynote yet though and it will still be a few weeks until they do.

Also yeah, that deep blue phone render looks gorgeous af.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Black iPhone 8 is the only proper way to upgrade.

Will be waking up at 2:57 am with the Apple Store App on my iPhone and apple.com on my MacBook ready.

javac

If that color is legit it's going to be popular as fuck, it'll go well with the fake michael kors handbags I see all over the place.

Mortemis

Banned
That's what the people were clamoring for, the color of pennies.

Where's that sexy-ass Deep Blue phone that was rumored for the 7?

27021490093_0777fc173c_b.jpg

Nah but let's not make TOO much money now.

Still the best looking phone render I've ever seen. It's such a nice color that I was ready to buy a 7 even though I didn't want to upgrade. Alas, it's a dream that'll never happen. :(

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Have they announced the date yet? Isn't it usually first week of September?

Top Bottom