• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Metroid 2 Remake (Project AM2R) |OT| Best Birthday Ever!

Moff

incredible

was the original already that good?

why am I getting this for free? what's happening? why are they not sued by nintendo?

VandalD

Does anyone know how to get that item right above Samus
(in the room with sand where we fight a gamma Metroid, it needs shinespark)

http://imgur.com/a/f5bXC

I can get the boost for the shinespark down there, but the room right below the item has a platform that isn't destroyed with the shinespark, and if I jump on top of it, I lose the ability to charge the shinespark...
Regarding shinespark mechanics:
Just duck so you have your shinespark charge, then hold forward to do a jump onto the platform. You use your charge if you just press jump.

Gvitor

Ōkami;212696313 said:
You don't, that's how you get it.

You're not being fast enough.

I have to come from the left or right, with the speedbooster, jump through the sand on top of the platform and ready a shinespark there? It seems impossible, everytime I jump I can't activate shinespark...

Need help on a mini-boss(?). It's right next to a save station in the water facility...

Last pickup I acquired was the Hi-Jump Boots. I was able to hurt him once but not sure how I pulled it off.

Gvitor

Regarding shinespark mechanics:
Just duck so you have your shinespark charge, then hold forward to do a jump onto the platform. You use your charge if you just press jump.

Ohh, that's what I was doing wrong. Just managed to get it, thanks!

Oidisco

Just fought the first Gamma Metroid and cleared out the Hydro station. I'm really really enjoying this so far. Super polished and all the new additions to the game are great. My only real issue so far is that the Alpha Metroids are kinda annoying. They're easy to beat atleast.

Need help on a mini-boss(?). It's right next to a save station in the water facility...

Last pickup I acquired was the Hi-Jump Boots. I was able to hurt him once but not sure how I pulled it off.

When he's rolling around, use bombs to knock into those electric things on the walls

Delstius

Fun fact : you can use shinespark in morph ball.

8MoiKjL.jpg

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Man, the demo was good, but from what I can tell the rough edges have been smoothed out a ton in the full release. It's ridiculously good for a solo project.

Edit: Also what do you do in (super early)
Chozo Ruins with the locked door and the strange statue thing? It looks like it has a morphball slot but it doesn't do anything.
Also the remix that sounds like Brinstar had a baby with Torvus Bog is fucking amazing, I never thought the more moody Prime style of music would fit so damn well. But it does.

Just fought the first Gamma Metroid and cleared out the Hydro station. I'm really really enjoying this so far. Super polished and all the new additions to the game are great. My only real issue so far is that the Alpha Metroids are kinda annoying. They're easy to beat atleast.

When he's rolling around, use bombs to knock into those electric things on the walls

Yeah, that's what I was trying but couldn't get it to land right I guess. Time to keep trying.

Atrarock

Edit: Also what do you do in (super early)
Chozo Ruins with the locked door and the strange statue thing? It looks like it has a morphball slot but it doesn't do anything.
Also the remix that sounds like Brinstar had a baby with Torvus Bog is fucking amazing, I never thought the more moody Prime style of music would fit so damn well. But it does.
You won't be able to do anything with those statue things until much later in
Area 6 (the underwater area).

I also love how the gravity suit is obtained in this game.

ThisOne

What's the best way to get my DS4 working on Windows 10? I haven't looked anything up...is it as easy as just plugging it in with a USB or do I need a utility?

Ourobolus

Banned
Dammit, where is the gravity suit? Having to fight two gammas underwater, while not difficult, was really annoying :p

EDIT: Got it! Woooo

Kyuur

3 hours in and about 50% complete. We accidentally 'sequence-broke' by
shinesparking
past an area instead of grabbing the
Space Jump
first. Kind of a cool moment when we realized it!

I've hit kind of a brick wall now though, and would love it if someone could drop me a slight hint! I have 2 metroids left in the area, the last part I've visited being the
dimly lit section
. The only thing I see left is
the Super Missile door in the top right, but once I get in there I'm blocked by Power Bomb blocks. There are also the two grey-door statues and some crystals near the ship landing. I'm guessing I need the power bombs next but no idea where to get them, was expecting to find them in the dimly lit area. :/

Opa-Pa

Reached an area with a Temple Grounds x Great Temple remix from Metroid Prime 2. I'm loving the choices he made for the music since while M2 had a couple of memorable tracks, 99% of the soundtrack was just a bunch of bleeps and bloops.

Also was it just me or did the last alpha metroid before the first omega have small legs? If so, pretty cool detail. I'm loving every second of this game.

Edit: This same area seems to have a mandatory shinespark section? Not really sure, maybe I just reached it before I was meant to, but if it really is mandatory then that's a weird design choice.

Pakkidis

Put more hours into this game. How in gods name did I beat this game when I was a kid.

What is shinepark you guys re referring to?

VandalD

Loving the liberties taken to make the areas different and more logical. There are so many good surprises here for people used to Metroid 2.

3 hours in and about 50% complete. We accidentally 'sequence-broke' by
shinesparking
past an area instead of grabbing the
Space Jump
first. Kind of a cool moment when we realized it!

I've hit kind of a brick wall now though, and would love it if someone could drop me a slight hint! I have 2 metroids left in the area, the last part I've visited being the
dimly lit section
. The only thing I see left is
the Super Missile door in the top right, but once I get in there I'm blocked by Power Bomb blocks. There are also the two grey-door statues and some crystals near the ship landing. I'm guessing I need the power bombs next but no idea where to get them, was expecting to find them in the dimly lit area. :/
You don't need power bombs just yet.
Sorry, that's the only help I can give for right now. I have been recording all of my gameplay though, so maybe I can go back and see where you're stuck.

Edit: Did you
fight the alpha metroid in the dark area? There's a gamma behind it too. Maybe those are the ones you're missing. When I went into the dark area as a whole to finish the overall area, I had 6 metroids left to kill.

Didn't realize that this was out. I liked Metroid II on the GameBoy and I have finished it multiple times in speed runs out of boredom. It will be interesting to see how this stacks up.

Kyuur

Loving the liberties taken to make the areas different and more logical. There are so many good surprises here for people used to Metroid 2.

You don't need power bombs just yet.
Sorry, that's the only help I can give for right now. I have been recording all of my gameplay though, so maybe I can go back and see where you're stuck.

Edit: Did you
fight the alpha metroid in the dark area? There's a gamma behind it too. Maybe those are the ones you're missing. When I went into the dark area as a whole to finish the overall area, I had 6 metroids left to kill.

I just took another look and found a small door I never entered in that area earlier on; so maybe that's what I'm missing. Thanks! :)

Nemesis_

I absolutely LOVED the way the game threw the ancient guardian at you. There's more moments like that right?

Totally unexpected but also just felt like it fit perfectly, like even the log entry (which is a feature I also love) explained it so well.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I absolutely LOVED the way the game threw the ancient guardian at you. There's more moments like that right?

Totally unexpected but also just felt like it fit perfectly, like even the log entry (which is a feature I also love) explained it so well.

Yeah the game just feels very natural in a sense.

Dolobill

Wow, this game is so good! I'm having an emotional moment right now... the last good Metroid game was nine years ago! 6(?) years in development and still beat Nintendo to the punch.

last upgrade i got was the space jump now im lost.

descended into some very dark overgrown viney areas and wasted some zetas and now not sure where to go now

anyone?

VandalD

There are more moments like that.

Okay, I'm stuck. Where do you get Power Bombs?
In the lower left section of The Tower that leads deeper in after you turn on the power. If you're not there yet, you don't need power bombs.

OmegaDL50

The Alpha Metroid that
broke out of the ground earlier in the game
startled the hell out of me.

I totally like these sorts of touches.

This game craps all over Federation Force, incredible. Sad that this is what I'm looking forward to for the 30th anniversary instead of an official product though...

low-G

Just FYI, these online scanners lack the heuristics necessary to detect anything at all that might be newly created. In fact, simply changing a bit in infected files will bypass all these online scanners.

That said, I'm betting this game is OK. But... I'm gonna wait a day or so I think.

Top Bottom