• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Metroid 2 Remake (Project AM2R) |OT| Best Birthday Ever!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Obligatory:

My body is ready.

gardfish

Holy shit, I've been following this project on and off for years now. Can't believe it's actually being released, I'm so excited.

Metroid II is one of my favorite Metroid games (Yes, I'm one of those weirdos that prefer it to Fusion and Zero Mission), so I can't wait for this.

I remember playing a demo of this back in... '08, I want to say? Hadn't really kept up with it untila few weeks ago,when someone brought it up in that thread about high quality fangames/romhacks.

Can't wait for this release, I've been craving a quality Metroid game for a long time.

Awesome!!! Looking forward to it.

I already have Metroid 2 on my 3DS and barely navigate that game. Hopefully, i download it tomorrow if Ninty don't interfere with it.

Magnus

Holy shit, this is AMAZING!

Will this essentially be released as a stand-alone executable, or a SNES ROM or something?

Madao

No, but the developers were afraid they or another license holder would due to the sort of "passive aggressiveness" that was targeting the game. I.e., Twitch banning it.

The only fan projects Nintendo has C&D'd are 1) projects that are for profit or request donations, 2) projects that directly compete with their own, and 3) projects that could potentially be confused for an actual Nintendo product.

Definitely looking forward to this releasing, hopefully he hits his target date.

even though it's a good thing they're not getting a C&D for this game, it's a little sad at the same time that #2 and #3 aren't being infringed because if Nintendo's ineptitude.

Tohsaka

I'm glad this is finally coming out, I remember playing the demo when it came out a while back and enjoying it.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
even though it's a good thing they're not getting a C&D for this game, it's a little sad at the same time that #2 and #3 aren't being infringed because if Nintendo's ineptitude.

Granted, on point 3, what I played of the demo is easily good enough to be an actual Metroid title, one year of polish later and it should be fantastic. Demo was pretty good about making progression feel natural without holding your hands too, super excited for this :D

Blackage

But but but, Metroid Prime: Federation Force comes out Aug 19!

devonodev

I remember downloading this when the very first playable demo was released all those years ago, it's been a long time coming, very excited!

ShadowOwl

12 hours To go. Haven't been this excited for a long time. It looks quite like we might be able to put this on the throne of best fan games right next to Streets of Rage Remake.

Adnor

Banned
Man that blog has been on my bookmarks for years now. I can't believe we will finally have this game.

TheMoon

I think one could cram in a speedrun of every Metroid (probably even with some variations^^) to warm up to this :p

I never actively followed this one but I remember playing a demo/alpha way back before I moved. I honestly assumed that this was a dead project but it's cool to see that's not the case! I'm gonna have to find time for this.

Probably not possible, but isn't it now possible to play gamemaker games on vita through henkaku. This would be amazing on there.

Wait never mind, that was rpgmaker :(

Daeoc

I have been waiting for this day; now I can(and will soon) play the series by release order starting with Super Metroid. Cannot get into the original two games, but Metroid 1 has Zero Mission, and now Metroid 2 has AM2R.

sprinkles

I borrowed Metroid 2 from a friend so often back then, that news of a remake really takes me back. I know what to play all Sunday afternoon!

Nohar

I can't wait for the release! I've been waiting for a good 2D Metroid game for a long time now.

I really hope that, one day, Nintendo will release new good Metroid games (after hurting the franchise that much, the next game needs to be a masterpiece...). In the meantime, I am planning to enjoy AM2R a lot, and also Ghost Song once that game is released (gonna take a while, but I'm confident that Jobbs (Matt White) is going to deliver an amazing experience). There is also Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, but Iga needs to stop going forward and use the goddamn backdash already (joke aside, he can take all the time he needs, as long as we don't get a new Mighty N°9 situation).

marmoka

Banned
Only 10 hours!!

I think M2 is better than the NES one, I got lost easily, but including save-points was a real improvement for the series. And we got for the first time the space jump and the aracnosphere. And the soundtrack is weird and hilarious.

The 1.41 demo was awesome. A great remake for an underrated game.

KHlover

Banned
I hate Metroid 2, but this game's change list has left me intruiged. Finished Axiom Verge last week and it has left a huge craving for real Metroid in me. Not in the mood to replay one of the old games, so I'll take this instead.

Woohoo, there's an OT!!

Can't believe this game has actually been completed, major props to the developer. My word!

Nintendo wouldn't have the balls to shut this down given how much animosity there is towards Fed Force and their handling of Metroid for a while now. If anything, this'll give the franchise a much-needed, positive breath of fresh air.

fantomena

Nintendo wouldn't have the balls to shut this down given how much animosity there is towards Fed Force and their handling of Metroid for a while now. If anything, this'll give the franchise a much-needed, positive breath of fresh air.

tumblr_m2p00rRyjY1qclvero1_250.gif

KiteGr

Btw. Can anyone suggest me thr best Super Metroid Mods/Hacks to bring it closser to the quality of Fusion and Zero Mission?

It's the only 2d metroid I never finished so I'm mostly interested in flavor and control improvement mods. Don't want any increase in difficulty or redesigned maps.

Top Bottom