• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else hyped for One Piece live action?

zedim

Neo Member
I can only think that the people who thinks this looks good are getting paid for it.
it doesn't look amazing. But it looks like a good effort. It isn't perfect for sure but the story is good and the effort is there. Im hyped especially for the reactions of people around me who would never give anime a chance wich is 90% of the people i know

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

I can only think that the people who thinks this looks good are getting paid for it.
It's respecting the source material, the cast looks good, and it looks like it has heart. I also know people giving it a shot that have been avoiding the manga. I think the show is going to surprise a lot of people, and it might even blow up

Wildebeest

Netflix did well enough with Sandman having Gaiman on board, and they have Oda on board for this. I think some of the new dialogue might drop too many groaners, but they seem to be taking the key scenes seriously.

killatopak

It’s a Netflix show. it’s kind of hard to get excited for a live action adaptation from Netflix. I’m staying away until I actually see people saying it’s good.

Yoboman

The OST is up on Spotify and it goes unreasonably hard

Even if the rest of the show is trash this music slaps

Thats so good, they nailed the chemistry between the cooks and love how patty looks.

His hat isn't even NEARLY tall enough. Make the fucking hat taller, FFS. If they're going to gimp a small detail like that, then it will probably suck. Still, I wanna give it the benefit of the doubt.

Raonak

Banned
His hat isn't even NEARLY tall enough. Make the fucking hat taller, FFS. If they're going to gimp a small detail like that, then it will probably suck. Still, I wanna give it the benefit of the doubt.
tdwq5xqm59lb1.jpg

I mean, it's not manga sized, but it's still pretty damn tall

jorgejjvr

I'm gonna put a hot take here, just in case I'm right. This is going to become one of Netflix most watched shows, it will be #1 in their top 10 shows. There will be articles about it breaking records and breaking the anime adaptation curse, it will actually be a great show for fans and newcomers alike, it will renew for season 2, and a lot of people will be eating crow 😂
Called it!

Top Bottom