• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live-action TV spot of “FFXVI” (showed up at the “Champions League Final”)

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Edit.
FULL LIVE ACTION TRAILER RELEASED

Pretty low quality rip but there’s that for now. First live action tv spot “spotted” during the finals of the Champions League… this has been watched by lots of people for sure. Hype rising!
Also DEMO coming later today 100% confirmed given the Spanish tv commercial airing early and saying “play it now download the demo today”. Definitely gonna release it during today’s big launch event 4pm pdt.

Last edited:

L*][*N*K

Banned
Sony is aggressively marketing this game, which further cements the idea that this is not coming to Xbox like ever.

Sony is aggressively marketing this game, which further cements the idea that this is not coming to Xbox like ever.

Heh. The taste of Deathloop has left your mouth then.
I just don’t see this staying exclusive permanently. I imagine it’ll go to Xbox when it goes into PS+ extra.

YukiOnna

I'm very hyped for the game, but I'll be honest, any live action commercial is kind of trash. Especially for a fantasy JRPG... Square Enix should have just asked their renowned Image Studio to create a quality CG CM.

But I guess it's Sony with the CL partnership, lol.

Last edited:

L*][*N*K

Banned
I just don’t see this staying exclusive permanently. I imagine it’ll go to Xbox when it goes into PS+ extra.
Deathloop is a completely different situation, the game was announced for Xbox before it was made timed exclusive for PlayStation and Microsoft bought Bethesda as well, I personally don't see this coming to Xbox just like FF7R didn't and time will tell

Deathloop is a completely different situation, the game was announced for Xbox before it was made timed exclusive for PlayStation and Microsoft bought Bethesda as well, I personally don't see this coming to Xbox just like FF7R didn't and time will tell
Maybe.

I’d much rather Sony spend the money that is the difference between timed and full exclusivity on new games or content.

L*][*N*K

Banned
Maybe.

I’d much rather Sony spend the money that is the difference between timed and full exclusivity on new games or content.
Kieran Culkin Hbo GIF by SuccessionHBO

poodaddy

That was cringey. I wish companies would do away with the live action ads for video games altogether. It's just off putting. Still though, I'm convinced this game will be great.

Nautilus

Banned
Being in the Champion League final is massive. We are talking dozens of millions of viewers.Maybe much more.

But the trailer was meh.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
i mean... FF7 still not coming to Xbox......

Just like FFVII Remake and FFXIV?

L0vxZe0.gif

Sony devs actually helped in Final Fantasy XVI's development. I wouldn't hold your breath.

Last edited:
Just like FFVII Remake and FFXIV?

L0vxZe0.gif

Sony devs actually helped in Final Fantasy XVI's development. I wouldn't hold your breath.

XIV is on Microsoft.

FFVII is a special game for PlayStation, I wasn’t surprised by a historically significant game (that Sony published in some reasons) have exclusivity.

FFXVI carries the future of the franchise with it. If they want FF games to be (somewhat) successful on Xbox then you have to throw it a bone at some point.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm very hyped for the game, but I'll be honest, any live action commercial is kind of trash. Especially for a fantasy JRPG... Square Enix should have just asked their renowned Image Studio to create a quality CG CM.

But I guess it's Sony with the CL partnership, lol.
I agree, these live action ads feels off and kinda cringy. I rather they give me CGI ad.

Lol, it's on "Microsoft"?

Steam is not Microsoft. Microsoft gets 0% of the revenue from games sold there.

Are you going to tell me Spider-Man and God of War are also on Microsoft? 🤣🤣
No, I mean the reason it’s not on Xbox is because of Microsoft. SE expressed a desire to get it on Xbox in the past.

No, I mean the reason it’s not on Xbox is because of Microsoft. SE expressed a desire to get it on Xbox in the past.
Oh, my bad, you're right there. They did turn it down because they were ahead of PS3 at the time of negotiations and didn't want to allow cross-play.

But, Microsoft has been trying to get it ever since the success of A Realm Reborn and SE, apparently, hasn't deemed it worth the trouble.

Last edited:

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Full live action trailer released, more than 3 minutes long, hype is killing me. Updated the first post.

Top Bottom