• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AP: Trump remains winner of Wisconsin following statewide recount showing few changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is your proof? You're likely citing the fake news article that has been thoroughly debunked. The anamolies lineup with demographics as Nate silver and just about every other major pundits has already pointed out.

The cobfirmation bias and hypocrisy surrounding this whole thing is nauseating.

Edit- unless of course Nate silver is in Trump's camp? Right? We're essentially spewing baseless speculation as facts here so why not.

The Fake News on the left is now every bit as bad as the right. I thought we were supposed to be the educated ones? Where is the fact-checking? Are there people in this thread who still think there's some kind of evidence of Russian vote machine hacking, or that such a thing would even be possible? Hint: The machines aren't networked.

There are no anomalies, guys. Trump just ... won the election. I'm sorry. He did. Lots of people either really liked him or really hated Hillary.

"But the electoral college!"

If you want to change the EC, change it for next time. But you don't change the rules after people have voted. If this had been a popular vote contest all along, both candidates would have run completely different campaigns. Ad spends, appearances, platforms, even the locations of the conventions were based around EC impact. We have no idea if Trump could have won a popular vote race - he wasn't trying to. It's like coming back after the Super Bowl is over and deciding to award the game to the team with the most yards instead of points. If they'd known that was the criteria, they'd have run different plays.

MIMIC

Banned
So Hillary backed a Jill Stein operation that gave Trump more votes than he originally won?

Money well spent. Jesus.

Wilsongt

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 50m50 minutes ago

The final Wisconsin vote is in and guess what - we just picked up an additional 131 votes. The Dems and Green Party can now rest. Scam!

giphy.gif

Jill Stein running away with desperate people's money.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 50m50 minutes ago

The final Wisconsin vote is in and guess what - we just picked up an additional 131 votes. The Dems and Green Party can now rest. Scam!

giphy.gif

Jill Stein running away with desperate people's money.

Of course Trump is mad about his victory.

I don't trust their recount. If they rigged the initial vote counting why wouldn't do the same for the recount?

Did they have independent federal officials doing the recount?

DragonSworne
Satoru Iwata and his Trilateral Commission cronies are suppressing the truth about Retro. Wake up, sheeple!

Also, Nickelback is my favorite band.

There's a joke to be made here

I guess we wouldn't have really known how much of a waste of money this was until we wasted the money, huh?

BTW, I'm from Wisconsin, and Hillary lost here because she fucking did nothing here.

Obama came at least twice in 2012, once bringing Bruce Springsteen. What did Hill-dog give us?

News flash:

Even if she had campaigned in (and won) Wisconsin and Michigan, without flipping either Ohio, Pennsylvania, or Florida (all of which she did campaign in), she still would have lost.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Where is your proof? You're likely citing the fake news article that has been thoroughly debunked.

Fake news isn't "anything that's wrong". The article he's likely citing is a claim advanced by a series of CS professors who noticed what they thought was a pattern, and argued that it supports electoral fraud. They're wrong, and you are correct that the rebuttals are far more convincing, but fake news doesn't refer to people arguing something that ends up being wrong, it refers to either wholesale fraud, knowing aggressive distortion of a benign fact, angry clickbait framing, etc.

Wisconsin's been a shit hole since we elected Scott Walker and voted out Russ Feingold for Ron Johnson - and then kept both of those guys in office when we had chances to boot them out.

Its exactly why I thought he could win it. Not on that, but Walker survived the recall too.

Airola

Shyamalan plot twist!

Clinton and Stein and Obama and everyone knows the election had to be rigged because they were the ones who originally rigged the election so that Trump couldn't win. But because Trump won, the rigged election obviously had to be double-rigged by someone else.
(Trump and Putin)

It was both sides all along! :O

EDIT:
oh god this is funny though.

The moment Trump was elected I thought it would be funny if Trump would now say there's nothing wrong with the election and the opposition would start claiming there was something wrong with the election.
And here we are :D

Stein scammed a lot of people

And taking advantage of a large contingent of people who are grieving, upset, and willing to give their money towards something that they feel might make their pain go away. Not only does their pain remain, but Jill Stein conned them out of money in the process. Trump should make her Head of the Treasury Dept.

Great. Can we get on with admitting that although he's elected, he's surrounded by inappropriate controversy and should not actually be elected?

LosDaddie

Banned
2eQHkXL.jpg

What does the "Scam!" mean at the end?

Trump's troll abilities are impressive. The Left spent an unbelievable amount of time trying to debunk his claims of a rigged election. Leftist websites like Vox even made cute little infographics about how hard it was to rig an election. But then Abuela lost and then the Left have been the ones screaming about how the election was rigged/unfair.

Now a recount happens, and Trump actually gained votes. I mean, damn. People got the shit trolled out of them.

El Topo

Trump's troll abilities are impressive. The Left spent an unbelievable amount of time trying to debunk his claims of a rigged election. Leftist websites like Vox even made cute little infographics about how hard it was to rig an election. But then Abuela lost and then the Left have been the ones screaming about how the election was rigged/unfair.

Now a recount happens, and Trump actually gained votes. I mean, damn. People got the shit trolled out of them.

No* sane person ever expected the election results to be rigged.

*I don't mean this literally. There's always someone.

Nibiru

Banned
Great. Can we get on with admitting that although he's elected, he's surrounded by inappropriate controversy and should not actually be elected?

Liberal rancor does not equate to controversy. There a lot of things that Dems lose their minds about but his voters like.

No* sane person ever expected the election results to be rigged.

*I don't mean this literally. There's always someone.

If you gave money to the recount effort, you definitely bought in, literally. I did see some GAFers who posted they gave some of their money to Mrs. Stein for the recount. My heart went out to those individuals.

forrest

formerly nacire
If the machines just regurgitated the original numbers as the audit was denied, how in the hell did a change in votes come back at all?

WorldStar

Banned
I gave $20. Didn't lose any sleep over it.

Like others, you fail to see how you contributed to a collective fuckup

Do you honestly believe there aren't many, many better ways the donations could have been spent?

You got conned based on your emotions. Accept it

Calamari41

41 > 38
If you gave money to the recount effort, you definitely bought in, literally. I did see some GAFers who posted they gave some of their money to Mrs. Stein for the recount. My heart went out to those individuals.

Not only that, but some in that original thread were acting like this was a Kickstarter where the result of the funding goal being achieved would be a reversal of the election results.

KingBroly

Banned
But mr trump this also proves no massive voter fraud .

I guess you didn't pay attention to Michigan's (albeit short) recount problems:

http://www.freep.com/story/news/pol...ions-bureau-audit-detroit-precincts/95349562/

They're going to audit 20 precincts in Wayne County, MI (that's Detroit; Clinton carried the county by 200k+ votes) including a precinct where they said 307 ballots were cast and only 52 were in the ballot box. In MI, you're supposed to reconcile errors the day of, but they weren't and were kept as is for the state-mandated recount (before the 2nd recount). So you have a massive question here. Were ballots counted 5+ times or were votes thrown out? In either case, it indicates mass voter fraud.

El Topo

Fools. Even assuming widespread rigging of the election was possible (despite many election observers), the data we had did not suggest anything in that direction.
Error is possible. Manipulation of the election? Unlikely.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Fake news isn't "anything that's wrong". The article he's likely citing is a claim advanced by a series of CS professors who noticed what they thought was a pattern, and argued that it supports electoral fraud. They're wrong, and you are correct that the rebuttals are far more convincing, but fake news doesn't refer to people arguing something that ends up being wrong, it refers to either wholesale fraud, knowing aggressive distortion of a benign fact, angry clickbait framing, etc.

Ok but the article in question itself had questionable sources, on top of that the article straight up says it has no actual evidence of hacking. What's even worse is it was thoroughly debunked IMMEDIATELY after it went live. I hate Trump as much as the next person but I think it's wrong to be spewing disinformation like the post I responded to.

Edit- also that article was intentionally misleading and sensationalist.

Audioboxer

2eQHkXL.jpg

What does the "Scam!" mean at the end?

lol the shitposting President actually got a free win here. Can't disagree. Stein should now hang her head in shame given the amount of money raised and the fact his winning lead actually went up.

Armchair analysis of how "easy" it is to rig an election will now need to be kept on FB and Tumblr.

lol the shitposting President actually got a free win here. Can't disagree. Stein should now hang her head in shame given the amount of money raised and the fact his winning lead actually went up.

Armchair analysis of how "easy" it is to rig an election will now need to be kept on FB and Tumblr.

It's about to be in the white house, actually, considering that's all the imbecile talked about leading up to Nov. 8th.

Fuck, can we go a single thread without this bullshit?

It's not bullshit. I live in the state and trump showed up within driving distance of my house twice during the campaign, and pence another time.

Hillary dropped the ball with Wisconsin which should have been blue with even the slightest of effort.

Audioboxer

It's about to be in the white house, actually, considering that's all the imbecile talked about leading up to Nov. 8th.

More than half of the shit he spouted he probably didn't even believe. Done to troll/gain popularity/win an election. Some on GAF seem to post with the utmost conviction that rigging an election is easy af.

Are we forgetting this is the man pre-election who said he'd have Hillary in jail then done a 180 the second he was elected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom