• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AP: Trump remains winner of Wisconsin following statewide recount showing few changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I guess you didn't pay attention to Michigan's (albeit short) recount problems:

http://www.freep.com/story/news/pol...ions-bureau-audit-detroit-precincts/95349562/

They're going to audit 20 precincts in Wayne County, MI (that's Detroit; Clinton carried the county by 200k+ votes) including a precinct where they said 307 ballots were cast and only 52 were in the ballot box. In MI, you're supposed to reconcile errors the day of, but they weren't and were kept as is for the state-mandated recount (before the 2nd recount). So you have a massive question here. Were ballots counted 5+ times or were votes thrown out? In either case, it indicates mass voter fraud.

Not to tump who said he would win popular vote if notbfor fraud.

He won this state therefor to him there is no voter fraud or vote tampering.

More than half of the shit he spouted he probably didn't even believe. Done to troll/gain popularity/win an election. Some on GAF seem to post with the utmost conviction that rigging an election is easy af.

Are we forgetting this is the man pre-election who said he'd have Hillary in jail then done a 180 the second he was elected?

Please. This is a man that believes Vaccines can cause autism. Stop giving him the benefit of the doubt. (and GAF wasn't running for President)

Audioboxer

That he doesn't believe the shit he says, because much of the shit he actually believes is literal nonsense.

It's not binary. He believes some of it, quite clearly doesn't believe some of it. How is that hard to follow? You're falling into one shallow trap if you are sitting waiting to hear every thing that comes out his mouth and then running around thinking it's all serious. To get played by Donald fucking Trump is not a nice badge of honor to proudly wear.

The Fake News on the left is now every bit as bad as the right. I thought we were supposed to be the educated ones? Where is the fact-checking? Are there people in this thread who still think there's some kind of evidence of Russian vote machine hacking, or that such a thing would even be possible? Hint: The machines aren't networked.

There are no anomalies, guys. Trump just ... won the election. I'm sorry. He did. Lots of people either really liked him or really hated Hillary.

"But the electoral college!"

If you want to change the EC, change it for next time. But you don't change the rules after people have voted. If this had been a popular vote contest all along, both candidates would have run completely different campaigns. Ad spends, appearances, platforms, even the locations of the conventions were based around EC impact. We have no idea if Trump could have won a popular vote race - he wasn't trying to. It's like coming back after the Super Bowl is over and deciding to award the game to the team with the most yards instead of points. If they'd known that was the criteria, they'd have run different plays.

Plenty of people (myself included) have decried the EC for a long time. It's never going to change. Admonishing people for wanting it to change when we're getting another fresh lesson in why it must is just silly, and as ridiculous as suggesting we shouldn't talk about gun regulations after a school shooting.

And the argument that the candidates would have conducting their campaigns differently is utterly irrelevant. The reality is that 2+ million more people voted for one candidate than the other, and the only reason Trump wins in this scenario is because they happened to live in the wrong places.

It's fucking absurd.

Audioboxer

He quite clearly believed the election wouldn't have been rigged if he lost?

We'll never know as he didn't lose. Personally I think it was hot air/pressure into pushing people to believe the "establishment" was objectively rigged, just like him calling Hillary crooked all the time and saying he'd jail her. It was the sayings of an egotistical asshole, but tactically boy did it work on many Americans.

A president isn't suppose to fight dirty though, regardless of how well it may work tactically. People aiming for such positions are suppose to be better than an average con artist. A con artist knows they are lying, they are just very convincing on the surface that they truly believe everything they are saying. The power of persuasion is required if you are going to con millions.

Many waiting furiously for a new tweet to get outraged over are still somewhat being conned. As much as a president behaving like this on twitter is objectively disastrous, the reactions of some people with the level of their outrage show he's still playing many. More so the media than individuals, my god they are lining up like a stack of dominoes to fall over themselves with 1,000 word essays on Donald Trump tweets. The same kind of outlets probably furiously backing Stein and having optimism about recounts precisely due to the frenzy Trump kicked up from mentioning rigging. I can almost taste the optimism of some wishing so badly for an outcome where Trump is actually behind rigging and they get to write articles on him being a hypocrite. That had like a 0.1% chance of happening. It's like the optimism you feel because someone in your state won the lottery and you suddenly think if you go put a lottery ticket on you have to be next. The chances aren't increasing, you're just deluding yourself due to your optimism and wish.

We'll never know as he didn't lose. Personally I think it was hot air/pressure into pushing people to believe the "establishment" was objectively rigged, just like him calling Hillary crooked all the time and saying he'd jail her. It was the sayings of an egotistical asshole, but tactically boy did it work on many Americans.

Your speculations really don't matter. He ran his campaign on rigged election rhetoric for how many weeks, telling his shitty supporters to watch the booths for illegal activity, among other things that one could construe as fucking dangerous, and that's the narrative we have to work with, and that's how he should be judged.

Audioboxer

Your speculations really don't matter. He ran his campaign on rigged election rhetoric for how many weeks, telling his shitty supporters to watch the booths for illegal activity, among other things that one could construe as fucking dangerous, and that's the narrative we have to work with, and that's how he should be judged.

You are speculating as well? You obviously believe he truly believes all he said. I don't. None of us know the guy, and none of us have asked him behind closed doors. He has at least openly done a 180 on Hillary being pursued for jail, and also on deporting immigrants. No, America, Trump isn't going to deport all Muslims and start concentration camps in January. Who could have known that was rhetoric???

I judge him just fine on being a con artist. You obviously judge him on being ironically, honest. Think about that for a second. You are non-ironically saying he is an honest man who believes everything he says? That is precisely how voters for him were conned. It's also how his detractors are being conned as well. Two birds killed with one stone.

He manages to appeal and/or con people sympathizing with his rhetoric that he will carry it all out, and also cons his opposition into mass frenzy and losing their shit constantly. Objectively a lot of the shit he actually pulled was a very tactical, albeit it dirty and deceitful, way to win an election.

His "masterstroke" on Hillary was getting her to waste time and/or almost kill her own campaign focusing on the basket of deplorables and Pepe the frog. My god that was embarrassing. As I said above, conning his detractors into a mass frenzy and uncontrollable bursts of emotion. He is still doing that today whenever he puts out a Tweet and the media goes bonkers. It's also savagely causing the left in general to lose its shit, but anyone following my rants on GAF as of late knows my criticism of the left is for another topic. It may not be popular but it's how I see it unfolding right now.

But yeah, it makes me wonder why Trump's team has been so obsessed with stopping the recounts. You'd think they would want this to silence critics.
Much as he acts like this is a victory today, it also goes against his own prior claim that there were millions of illegal votes cast for Hillary and thus he is the true popular vote winner. Surely if that were the case they'd have had to find dozens of thousands of illegal votes in a close state.

You are speculating as well? You obviously believe he truly believes all he said. I don't.

I judge him just fine on being a con artist. You obviously judge him on being ironically, honest. Think about that for a second. You are non-ironically saying he is an honest man who believes everything he says? That is precisely how voters for him were conned.

I've always called him a con artists, always, and you can't with certainly pinpoint everything that he does or doesn't believe(anti-vaxxer and easily manipulated by conspiracy theories seems solid though), but what does it actually matter? He pushed a narrative, many narratives, often times a dangerous one, and people ate it up. That's what matters, not what you think he believes deep down, regardless of how much nonsense he's actually really into.

Edit: You always gotta edit in an extra few sentences, huh? lol

Audioboxer

I've always called him a con artists, always, and you can't with certainly pinpoint everything that he does or doesn't believe(anti-vaxxer and easily manipulated by conspiracy theories seems solid though), but what does it actually matter? He pushed a narrative, many narratives, often times a dangerous one, and people ate it up. That's what matters, not what you think he believes deep down, regardless of how much nonsense he's actually really into.

Edit: You always gotta edit in an extra few sentences, huh? lol

I'm sorry we'll have to agree to disagree. Actions speak louder than words, and unless Trump manages to carry out a lot of his rhetoric it remains just that, words. Words which people have spent so much time obsessing over, right up to his opposition, Hillary. Hence why when it is lies and rhetoric it wastes so much time of the opposition.

Managing to con people with a narrative as you put it, that you then don't have to or want to carry out is precisely the issue here. Therefore it does matter whether something is an actual goal, or it's just a smoke screen to cause people to lose their shit and waste time. Christ he has managed to get Stein to waste millions of peoples donations. You've even got people in here saying but no, this was a good spend of money to "make sure". Yeah, Trump making people crazy in the head.

Remember ya'll: Hillary didn't campaign in Wisconsin for the general election, which is a complete failure in politics 101. Such a stupid and lazy candidate.

Shouldn't this garbage be bannable? Do we really need these kinds of useless posts in EVERY thread? Stupid and lazy? The fact that she's probably accomplished more in her lifetime than you would do in 50 lifetimes, yet you feel so comfortable using words like "stupid" and "lazy" says a lot about yourself.

Weren't the Wisconsin "irregularities" in the polls something about there being significantly more total votes for president in the stats than there were total casted ballots to begin with?

IE: 1000 votes for president but the total number of people that even cast ballots was like 800. (Example numbers obviously)

Calamari41

41 > 38
Weren't the Wisconsin "irregularities" in the polls something about there being significantly more total votes for president in the stats than there were total casted ballots to begin with?

IE: 1000 votes for president but the total number of people that even cast ballots was like 800. (Example numbers obviously)

Apparently this actually describes the situation in Detroit, likely in favor of Clinton. Like, a box of 300 votes would have 1,000 votes logged on the tally sheet. Human error or The Damn Rooskies, we don't know, but I guess they're auditing the process for next time.

HarryKS

Of course, anybody who thought otherwise is kidding themselves. America, you guys just need to deal with the fact that 50% of your voting population are deplorables who voted in a guy spewing similar rhetoric as Hitler did in WW2 when he was running to be president of Germany. Get angry that your progressive politicians threw away a once in a lifetime chance to finally get what they had been working for for decades. Once you get passed that, you can move onto the next step which is figuring out how to solve and prevent this from happening in the future.

In the meantime, get politically active. Be part of the movement that rebuilds the Democratic Party's ground game. Get people in at the Municipal and State Levels. For the love of god, remember to vote in your midterms. Democrats have been coasting for way too long on their ground game while the Republican Party stubbornly never stopped taking advantage of the fact that their supporters fall in line to get people into power to block the Democrats, to blame them for nothing getting done to get people over to their side through lies and deceit so that they could win.

Wtf is that. You are deplorable.

Shouldn't this garbage be bannable? Do we really need these kinds of useless posts in EVERY thread? Stupid and lazy? The fact that she's probably accomplished more in her lifetime than you would do in 50 lifetimes, yet you feel so comfortable using words like "stupid" and "lazy" says a lot about yourself.

Insulting someone who insults someone else isn't a good look either.

OuterLimits

I wasn't surprised that Trump won Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania after I saw him pulling way ahead in Ohio. Usually Ohio is a fairly close swing state, yet Trump won by 8% or so. Some parts of the state that usually go blue flipped to red this time.

Those same demographics that gave him such a big win in Ohio also helped him barely overcome the strong Democrat advantage in those three states. Even Minnesota was fairly close.

The Fake News on the left is now every bit as bad as the right. I thought we were supposed to be the educated ones? Where is the fact-checking? Are there people in this thread who still think there's some kind of evidence of Russian vote machine hacking, or that such a thing would even be possible? Hint: The machines aren't networked.

There are no anomalies, guys. Trump just ... won the election. I'm sorry. He did. Lots of people either really liked him or really hated Hillary.

"But the electoral college!"

If you want to change the EC, change it for next time. But you don't change the rules after people have voted. If this had been a popular vote contest all along, both candidates would have run completely different campaigns. Ad spends, appearances, platforms, even the locations of the conventions were based around EC impact. We have no idea if Trump could have won a popular vote race - he wasn't trying to. It's like coming back after the Super Bowl is over and deciding to award the game to the team with the most yards instead of points. If they'd known that was the criteria, they'd have run different plays.

Federal agents DO believe Russian agents hacked our electronic voting system prior to the election, demonstrating at least an ability to potentially do so during the election itself.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/after-hack-arizona-working-to-keep-its-elections-database-secure/

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/12/politics/florida-election-hack/

Did this do it during the election itself? I don't know, there's no evidence of it. But we should still investigate it.

Abounder

Banned

Considering her accomplishments include the Iraq War and getting outworked by Trump, I'm okay with not rivaling her '50 lifetimes' of bullshit. Hillary and her campaign camp are the worst thing to happen to the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom