• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

knicks

Probably to force people to pay for the $299 model lol 16gb is too low for most, so they are going to be tempted to just go up to the 64gb at the price.

This is pretty much it. It's a marketing scheme to force you to buy the 64GB +.

It literally makes no sense, when they aren't doing a 16GB for the regular iPhone 6. Common sense tells you storage is much more valuable and significant for the +. They know exactly what they're doing, and their fucking moron consumers continue to pledge.

Eusis

WTF, I just bought an iPhone yesterday and they come out with something new? This is such bullshit.
I'd like to pretend every post of yours lately is 100% serious and that you are in fact insane.

I do worry they're veering a bit too far from what has made iOS a good stable platform across multiple devices with how they're changing resolution and size now, but this does look nice. I'd like to visit an Apple store after the + comes out to see if it ends up unwieldy though.

Squalor

Cool. So I'd be rocking 2 separate accounts on the same account? I wonder if going to a combined plan would make more financial sense.
I'm pretty sure you can just merge her into a family account without changing your personal plan. I did that in the past with multiple people. You just have to make it explicitly clear that you do not want to change your personal plan as you merge into a family account.

Bacon

Ladies and Gents, I have TWO questions for you.

How long does it take for the online apple store to update with the new phones usually?

Will there be display units in physical apple stores before the release date of the phones?

MIMIC

Banned
Meh, I've had my phone for 3 or 4 years. It's starting to die (keeps shutting off randomly). I've been going back and forth between getting an iPhone or one of the Samsung phones, but that huge ass iPhone is kinda gross. If I got an iPhone it would be an earlier version....or a Samsung one.

overcast

So, with my upgrade, is there any reason to get a regular 6 over the 5S. I assume it'll be about 100 dollars more.

I am not getting the 6+, just too big for me. Despite it having much better performance.

ferr

going to get this and I can see myself using the nfc Pay thing. i can also see it being awkward with the cashier to pay with my phone, but maybe that's just me. will i need to explain to every cashier how this stuff works. maybe i'll carry around apple's powerpoint slides from today.

Sami+

I'm locked into a contract with my 5s, so I guess I'll be getting the 6s next year haha. Apple Pay honestly seems like the most interesting part of this.

For all of my issues with iOS and the Apple ecosystem, the last couple generations of iPhones have been stunningly beautiful devices.

These are most definitely not.

Struct09

I'm getting one, but not sure if I want the Plus or not. Kind of want to put one in my pocket to see how it feels before committing.

rokkerkory

I have a 4S on a coporate plan. I think I have to buy my phones outright in order to upgrade which means $750 for me.

Fail

Vanille

Team 4.7 represent.

The bezel on the 5.5 is too damn big to make it practical. Needs to be shaved down considerably on the 6s, then I'll bite.

iPhone 6 Plus... is the phone I've been dreaming for since 2012 from Apple, now finally they are making it happening <3

THANK YOU ;_;

Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Nilay Patel of the Verge Hands on

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/9/6124931/apple-iphone-6-plus-hands-on-video-photos-5-5

If you've seen the leaks, you already have a good understanding of what this larger iPhone looks like, but in person it's not at all what you'd expect.

First off, it's much smaller in the hand than I expected — the thinness really helps here. And the screen is just stunning; it looks more like you're touching pixels than ever before, and the rounded edges make it somewhat easier to hold. I have big hands and can reach across the the entire display with my thumb one-handed, though, so I'll have to ask someone with smaller hands here what they think. I'm especially curious about the double-tap on the home button that slides the interface down to make one-handed operation easier; I'll never use it since I don't have to, but it's a unique riff on the idea of one-handed operation.

The protruding camera is a indeed a bit strange; I can't help but wish Apple would ease up on its relentless pursuit of thinness in favor of a slightly thicker phone with longer battery life, but like I said, the thinness is what makes the large size manageable.

And that large size is pretty key; this is the phone that's going to force Apple to turn the iPad into a true laptop competitor. I have an iPad mini that will never come out again once I get this phone; I have an iPad Air that will need a better reason to come out than simply the size of its screen.

He basically says he will use the iPad Mini much less after using the 5.5 if he gets it.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
The junior is actually right. As a person who sells cell phones you wouldn't believe the rage I got from customers coming in complaining about how slow iOS 7 made their phone. Now not everyone might now tell a difference, but a lot of people did.
The biggest issue was battery life for me, so bad on my iphone 5 :(

Excited to pre-order this thursday at midnight. Still not sure how I will get over the size factor but bigger is better (and dat battery life)

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Why do people want giant ass phones and how do you even carry them in your pockets

It's foolish to think of them as just phones now when they're basically personal lifestyle devices. Think about what people use them for and consider how a larger screen helps

Viewing webpages, playing games, texting, taking photos, etc... All these things are better with a larger screen.

Odd-numbered-year iPhones never have major body modifications.

Well this needs to change. Because as much as I like Apple design in their product line, the front facing bezel on their phones is a huge fail. It is essentially the same bezel since the original iPhone years ago.

subrock

Just get an LG G3.

1440 x 2560 pixels, 5.5 inches (~534 ppi pixel density)

3 gigs of RAM

Not ridiculously overpriced.

Out now.

and yet a phone that came out close to a year later, and with 2GB more ram just barely edges out the 5s.

jWt5Mjq.png

VoxPop

Try actually using the site. Iphone 4 is supported...

Softcard only works on phones with NFC tech which none of the previous iPhones have had. Not to mention their support within major stores is pretty subpar. Apple will make it relevant with Apple Pay.

It's dubbed Isis Wallet on Apple phones and uses QR code scanning. Thanks.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Can't add much except I need that 128gb Iphone 6+ in my life.... I am a drooling fanboy.... shut up and take my $500.

WTF, I just bought an iPhone yesterday and they come out with something new? This is such bullshit.

That first post. haha

wigwag85

Banned
Softcard only works on phones with NFC tech which none of the previous iPhones have had. Not to mention their support within major stores is pretty subpar. Apple will make it relevant with Apple Pay.

screen568x568.jpeg

Here is a picture. I know there are words on there, so you might have to actually read them, but the picture should help.

VoxPop

http://a5.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple4/v4/ff/f3/f4/fff3f490-d3f9-d2fa-cb9a-3b783fa44933/screen568x568.jpeg[/IMG

Here is a picture. I know there are words on there, so you might have to actually read them, but the picture should help.[/QUOTE]

So it's available after buying a whole other product to attach onto it. Sounds wonderful.

iPhones have been waterproof for ages with Waterproof cases!

Squalor

Well this needs to change. Because as much as I like Apple design in their product line, the front facing bezel on their phones is a huge fail. It is essentially the same bezel since the original iPhone years ago.
It's not going to change.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's pretty simple. Don't be a child about it.

How about trying the phone before judging it?

Or is that too difficult?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
and yet a phone that came out close to a year later, and with 2GB more ram just barely edges out the 5s.

jWt5Mjq.png

nondescript benchmark is nondescript

On a side note it's nice to see Apple still gives a fuck about sRGB. One of the main things that pisses me the fuck off about Android devices.

Top Bottom