• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

screen568x568.jpeg

Here is a picture. I know there are words on there, so you might have to actually read them, but the picture should help.

No way am I going to support a terrorist organization.

What's the best pre order option? For the 5 I preordered at best buy mid day on preorder day. Didn't get the phone until about a month later.

Fezan

So no one is complaining about bezels on tech sites ?
Also first iPhone which doesn't look beautiful to me

BFIB

Nilay Patel of the Verge Hands on

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/9/6124931/apple-iphone-6-plus-hands-on-video-photos-5-5

He basically says he will use the iPad Mini much less after using the 5.5 if he gets it.

Well, after the incredible coverage he provided from the liveblog, such as the "This is what apple is all about!" and "This is Cook's moment right here!" I just can't take anything this person says seriously. That liveblog suckfest was just too much.

Well, after the incredible coverage he provided from the liveblog, such as the "This is what apple is all about!" and "This is Cook's moment right here!" I just can't take anything this person says seriously.

"Force Touch WILL be the new Right Click"

Well, after the incredible coverage he provided from the liveblog, such as the "This is what apple is all about!" and "This is Cook's moment right here!" I just can't take anything this person says seriously. That liveblog suckfest was just too much.

why so mad. its bad to like a product?

and yet a phone that came out close to a year later, and with 2GB more ram just barely edges out the 5s.

jWt5Mjq.png

What is that benchmark? How would the resolution of the screen impact whatever benchmark it is your showing? Just as well, increased RAM in a computing system only affects certain aspects of its use, namely multitasking and or leaving programs running. Thus is the benchmark you're comparing at all relevant to the comparison?

subrock

nondescript benchmark is nondescript

Geekbench 3 from http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/lg-g3-1250581/review/3#articleContent

Increased RAM in a computing system only affects certain aspects of its use, namely multitasking and or leaving programs running. Thus is the benchmark you're comparing at all relevant to the comparison?
Extremely important point, which is why I'm confused when people bitch about the amount of ram in the iPhone, but then can't really explain why more is better. Java needs lots of ram, ARC systems don't

and yet a phone that came out close to a year later, and with 2GB more ram just barely edges out the 5s.

jWt5Mjq.png

Ugh, not this shit again. Spec Warz don't matter, comparing peformance doesn't matter because it's not like you having a phone that can perform x better than other phone ever helps you in any way.

BFIB

why so mad. its bad to like a product?

Its going to be interesting considering many smartphones with a 4.7" display and at 720P were blasted by David Pierce on previous reviews, and how the 4.7" display on the new iPhone will fare compared to those.

Same with the watch design, which square design on previous smartwatches was not received well in the Verge offices.

I don't mind support for products, but it was just ridiculous over the amount of fanboyism that was there in that liveblog.

It's not going to change.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's pretty simple. Don't be a child about it.

How about trying the phone before judging it?

Or is that too difficult?

It can change. It is kind of ignorant to think it will never change. I have faith. It has to be the next major improvement in there design, especially now with a 5.5 inch device where every mm counts.

Also, I don't need to try the phone first. I have an iPhone 5 right here with the same exact bezel.

http://www.primatelabs.com/geekbench/

Geekbench 3
Cross-platform processor benchmark

Geekbench 3 is Primate Labs' cross-platform processor benchmark, with a new scoring system that separates single-core and multi-core performance, and new workloads that simulate real-world scenarios. Geekbench 3 makes it easier than ever to find out if your computer is up to speed.

It's a processor benchmark.

Extremely important point, which is why I'm confused when people bitch about the amount of ram in the iPhone, but then can't really explain why more is better. Java needs lots of ram, ARC systems don't

Iphone's have a real problem with multiple webpages open in the browser at the same time. I've experienced it for years, the constant need to refresh older webpages. I'm certain that the software could be made more efficient as it almost always can in all instances but to simply write off the possibility of increased RAM as a possible solution seems incredibly short-sighted.

I'm going to have to get some hands-on time with these phones before I can really decide, but right now I'm leaning towards the 6. The extra features and battery life don't seem significant enough to justify the extra size of the 6+. It's crazy the 6+ is bigger compared to the 6, than the 6 is compared to the 5S.

Squalor

I can't find any reference to off-contract prices for either version! Has anyone seen any announcement?

U.S. iPhone 6 Plus

• 16 GB: 749
  • 64 GB: 849
  • 128 GB: 949

CA iPhone 6 Plus

• 16 GB: 859
  • 64 GB: 969
  • 128 GB: 1079

U.S. iPhone 6

• 16 GB: 649
  • 64 GB: 749
  • 128 GB: 849

CA iPhone 6

• 16 GB: 749
  • 64 GB: 859
  • 128 GB: 969

wigwag85

Banned
Precisely, spec wars don't matter.

Specs certainly mattered when the iPhone had higher specs than everyone else for their screens four years ago. They only don't seem to matter when they are higher than iPhone specs.

I like my apps to not stutter, thank you very much.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Do we know how legacy apps will scale to these phones? (I haven't watched the conference yet just in case they addressed it).

If old games will have a blurry scaling (like DS games on 3DS), that will be a buzzkill.

Squalor

It can change. It is kind of ignorant to think it will never change. I have faith. It has to be the next major improvement in there design, especially now with a 5.5 inch device where every mm counts.

Also, I don't need to try the phone first. I have an iPhone 5 right here with the same exact bezel.
You weren't descriptive in your post. If you're saying the bezel might change eventually, yes.

If you're saying Apple is going to do major cosmetic overhauls on an intermediary edition (the odd-numbered-year iPhones), you're wrong.

spekkeh

Banned
Boggles the mind that they release a <1080p premium phone in this day and age. Taking the piss of their fanbase seems like.

VoxPop

Do we know how legacy apps will scale to these phones? (I haven't watched the conference yet just in case they addressed it).

If old games will have a blurry scaling (like DS games on 3DS), that will be a buzzkill.

Everything pretty much had to be redone when retina was first released. I'm guessing the same is going to happen this time around but won't be AS bad. I'm sure Apple already told most major devs to update their assets and resolutions.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Amazing troll by AJ

I swear he did the same thing in the 5S thread. I remember that Avatar!

Still not sure if I want the 6 Plus. Worried that the resolution increase will result in decreased performance. The screen size and battery life will be nice, though.

Boggles the mind that they release a <1080p premium phone in this day and age. Taking the piss of their fanbase seems like.

1080p display on a phone is not really a factor that comes into play unless you have a TV. 1080p on phone look nearly as good as a 720p phone

Top Bottom