• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple releasing first Public Betas of iOS 10 and macOS Sierra today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone one else with an Apple Watch finding notifications are taking a lot longer to come through to the watch since iOS 10? I was hoping Watch OS 3 would fix it but it hasn't, for me. Can take up to a couple of minutes.

Also my messages don't seem to sync up with what's on my phone at all, missing random parts of conversations.

Is anyone one else with an Apple Watch finding notifications are taking a lot longer to come through to the watch since iOS 10? I was hoping Watch OS 3 would fix it but it hasn't, for me. Can take up to a couple of minutes.

Also my messages don't seem to sync up with what's on my phone at all, missing random parts of conversations.

Notifications have been really weird for me on iOS10/watchOS3. I've posted about it before

Miyahon

Nope they appear to be the same to me. I'm using an SE. I can tell because when I get a notification on my iPad it shows up on my Apple Watch too without delay.

May try rebooting both your iPhone and Apple Watch to see if that helps. Last ditch effort is to do the pairing process again with your Apple Watch to your iPhone if nothing works or possibly wait for an update if it's a bug.

Deku Tree

Is there a macOS sierra package tracking widget that can go into the today sidebar?

BTW Apple mail seems to be kind of wonky in the Sierra GM. My emails keep blinking.

Anyone having bluetooth problems (ironically) on iOS 10 GM? I can connect a pair of headphones, but then if I try to play some music, it comes out of the phone and doesn't even give me an option to play through the headphones (it does show them connected).

Kind of funny this is the first time in years I've had bluetooth problems on the iPhone.

iKhayal18

I don't understand why they have the "History" view in the Music app. Now you can't view the songs that have played before the current one :/ It was very useful, specially when you are listening to a Playlist or a customised radio station...

gruenel

Do I need a third party camera app in order to shoot RAW files?

If so, which ones do you recommend? I'm definitely gonna be shooting in RAW now.

Leninpest

Any 5S performance impressions?

I'm on a 5s and just recently upgraded to 10. Haven't noticed any difference in battery life or performance from 9. TouchID seems to be working better, but I'm not sure if that's because of the update or if I'm just consciously searching for changes.

SuperPac

When do we think Apple will open the floodgates on iMessage apps/stickers? Today? Hopefully?

Also I've not seen a lot of apps updating with Watch OS 3 stuff. Hoping to at least see a few get even more speedy than they are just with stock OS 3 on there.

Will there be an iOS 10 |OT| or are we gonna use this going forward?

The preview function for emails in notification center is pretty awful. Like it's just a long ass string of text that gets more fucked up as you use anything more than plain text.

jts

...hate me...
Wow was checking out a scanned (with the phone's camera) PDF that I made, and I accidentally tapped an email address, so it automatically launched an email editor to send a mail to that address. Then tapped on a phone number and it started making a call to it.

Not a computer created PDF, but a warpped manual scan with the phone's camera, from a printed sheet.

Sensational.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Fresh install of GM no backups or anything. I def can notice more lag spikes in Safari even when I have it set to always use my NV 650m (Retina Mid 2012).

Though, it could be spotlight fucking around in the back building index. I normally disable spotlight, swapfile, etc but I wanted to leave it this time to see how "out of box" OS experience would be.

jts

...hate me...
Yeah that's about how long it took for me as well, and know others that were through the same.

That's the time for download + install, mind. Install itself was about 1 hour I reckon.

The Apple Watch is just that slow for that sort of things. At least the Series 0.

btkadams

I've definitely had it take a long time to do updates for the watch but I think the GM install took me about an hour for download and install. It seems to vary wildly, probably due to it installing over bluetooth.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I hope Spotify can update their app soon... they are having difficulty working with Apple to get them to upload new versions.

AFAIK developers haven't been able to submit iOS 10 apps yet. So if it's a change in the API that has to be fixed in iOS 10 Spotify can't fix it until they can sbmit iOS 10 updates.

This happened last year, where the SSL changes in iOS 9 beta UIKit killed an app I was using.. and the developer couldn't submit the fix (because the fix required iOS 9) until apple started allowing submissions.

Of course apple could work with spotify for an early submission.................. could...........

CraigMcD

AFAIK developers haven't been able to submit iOS 10 apps yet. So if it's a change in the API that has to be fixed in iOS 10 Spotify can't fix it until they can sbmit iOS 10 updates.

This happened last year, where the SSL changes in iOS 9 beta UIKit killed an app I was using.. and the developer couldn't submit the fix (because the fix required iOS 9) until apple started allowing submissions.

Of course apple could work with spotify for an early submission.................. could...........

iOS 10 and watchOS 3 updates are appearing in the store now.

btkadams

A bunch of app updates are appearing with iMessage app support. I did not expect it to get that much support early on, from apps you wouldn't really think of. IMDB, Crossy Road, Duet (a game), OpenTable, and Yelp just pushed updates out (to me at least).

None of them seem that worthwhile though lol.

SuperPac

A bunch of app updates are appearing with iMessage app support. I did not expect it to get that much support early on, from apps you wouldn't really think of. IMDB, Crossy Road, Duet (a game), OpenTable, and Yelp just pushed updates out (to me at least).

None of them seem that worthwhile though lol.

Yeah it seems like the most functionality I've seen more or less duplicates share sheet functionality in an app. Stickers seem OK but can't really judge.

I hope Spotify can update their app soon... they are having difficulty working with Apple to get them to upload new versions.
At this point it's only hurting their customers, since people will eventually start looking elsewhere. They've made me consider switching to Apple Music honestly, there hasn't been any updates since like spring.

I'm sensing the increased battery burn with WatchOS3. Down to 46% today with light use outside my daily 50 minute run. Normally I'd still be at 60 or so.

Mafro

At this point it's only hurting their customers, since people will eventually start looking elsewhere. They've made me consider switching to Apple Music honestly, there hasn't been any updates since like spring.
Yeah I'll be cancelling and going with Apple Music if it's clear nothing is going to happen.

Wonder how many months it'll take WhatsApp to update.

Mafro

Is there a problem with WhatsApp and iOS 10?
No but they always seem to take them ages to update the app with new iOS features. Took them about two months after iOS 9 was released before they finally updated it to support quick reply. Took about a month to add 3D Touch support too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom