• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple September Event 2017 |OT| A Top-Notch Keynote

RedAssedApe

Banned
think i'll be holding out another year to see if there is some update to the SE. 5S is still chugging along after 5 years. guess we'll see when ios 11 is out

hEist

v9gBCyh.jpg

nope.

I think I will buy an iPhone 8 Plus and a wireless charging pad. I really look the design of the X but don't really care much about its feature set. At least I have a few days to think about it.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Cheaper, still works really well?

I just paid off my 6s+ and I honestly don't see any reason to upgrade.

3.5mm
battery still works
still looks good
touchID is in it

And it sucks because I really want to upgrade. I just have a hard time, thus far, convincing myself I have any reason to ditch this phone.

Ovid

8+

Same processor as the X
Same GPU as the X
Same rear camera as the X
Same wireless charging as the X
Likely similar battery life as the X since they didn't mention anything
TouchID > FaceID (although TouchID + FaceID would be better)
Extra color

Sounds like a winner to me.
That's what I'm saying.

Hari Seldon

The 8 is just too expensive. I like the apparent speed upgrades and the camera, but not for $700. The X is just an overpriced gimmick.

LiK

3.5mm
battery still works
still looks good
touchID is in it

And it sucks because I really want to upgrade. I just have a hard time, thus far, convincing myself I have any reason to ditch this phone.

All they kept promoting was a better camera and faster hardware. Literally no reason to upgrade at all right now.

ty_hot

Btw, multitasking is so simple and beautiful. Getting back to the homescreen is easy as fuck, works flawlessly. Android is behind now and its going to be hard to implement something similar because the system is based on having at least the BACK and HOME buttons (physical or software).

ekim

Apple Homepage has been updated 1149 for the 256 GB SKU
And there is seemingly no option to buy without a carrier.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
For real. ATV expensive af. 8 is meh in comparison to X. X clearly turned out to be a rush job (software, no Promotion etc.).
ATV being the best-hw box on the market for 180, and premium-free 4k/HDR content? Sounds good to me.

sangreal

I mean they explained that it's not using light. It's using a combination of infrared, dots projected on your face, creating a map of your face with a neural network.

The color of your skin will have zero impact on it.

Infrared can definitely have issues with dark skin

See: Kinect, Apple Watch

ASaiyan

Banned
So, the thing stood out to me in this presentation (besides the laughable arms race in phone prices) is the new Apple Watch.

Yet to see any concrete information on this "electronic SIM card". Do you have to an existing iPhone with a SIM in it to set this up? Or can you buy a new SIM/phone plan and use this without any other Apple devices? At $400 a device that always stays on your arm would be an interesting prospect for me as a phone replacement. (I know there's still many a phone can do that this can't, lol.)

Schlep

I mean, the iPhone 8 seems DOA. Either people are going to want to splurge on the X or save their pennies with the 7. I imagine Apple will make buying the 7 an exercise in futility to compensate.

ZeroX03

Banned

3.5mm
battery still works
still looks good
touchID is in it

I'm about to finish paying mine off. My battery is a bit fucked. It doesn't last a whole day anymore. Although I suppose I can just push for an AppleCare replacement there?

That said, better to sell while value is still there.

Top Bottom