• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Vision Pro has sold 200,000

CS Lurker

I'm surprised they managed to manufacture this much. I heard sony was having trouble to make those extremely expensive micro oled screens. Who knows

Ribi

Yeah to all the apple fan site you tubers and influencers or apple developers. In a few months you wont be hearing much of it
I actually think we will but more so because it aims to be a more perfect VR headset with minor setbacks. At least on paper and most previews despite shilling have been. Pretty favorable for almost all the tech.

What I hope happens is other manufacturers pick up on what technology is used here and reverse engineers enough to fix the minor issues and release a more refined and cheaper product.

I'm looking at you china

Last edited:

Ribi

I don't think it has long legs at all. It will sell more than PSVR2 though as there are many more Apple users and corpos that use iOS than Playstation
See ones marketed towards games while the other is marketed towards media consumption. It's brilliant really, how marketing for VR is way more videos games but really they should have been pushing the bigger screen in your head idea more. Making you want to consume media on the fly when you don't have a screen to go to. I hate to say it but give it 2-3years and I think most apple kids will have one to go along with their yearly iphones

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It's always nice to report these numbers but even the original poster has to think for a minute that the burst in the beginning is from obviously the enthusiast and what could be a lot of developers. But would be more impressive as if this overpriced piece of technology continues to sell

Chukhopops

I wonder how long before the outsell PSVR2?
In dollar sales they probably already have or are about to.

Shame it’s not available in Europe as I would really want to try it and the company I work for always buys those new devices for their « Innovation Center ».

The mixed reality desktop part is already excellent on the Quest 3 despite the cheaper parts, I think it’ll be pure magic on that one.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Wait til reviews hit. People are willing to spend if the product is good.
This is not how apple and apple fans work. They have a fanatical fan base and all they need is one fanatical appletart to write a glowing review of how appletastic the thing is and people will buy it. People will buy it because it is apple, and in most cases they will go out of the way to show it off,. Wait till we see them popping up in threads on VR evangelizing the thing just to show others that they have one. People will find weird ways to whip the thing out.

While it is not surprising, I am still kind of surprised that they would be such fucking cunts to charge hundreds for more inexpensive storage on a 3500 dollar device instead of providing an fucking slot of some sort. This company is fucking cancer.

bitbydeath

This is not how apple and apple fans work. They have a fanatical fan base and all they need is one fanatical appletart to write a glowing review of how appletastic the thing is and people will buy it. People will buy it because it is apple, and in most cases they will go out of the way to show it off,. Wait till we see them popping up in threads on VR evangelizing the thing just to show others that they have one. People will find weird ways to whip the thing out.

While it is not surprising, I am still kind of surprised that they would be such fucking cunts to charge hundreds for more inexpensive storage on a 3500 dollar device instead of providing an fucking slot of some sort. This company is fucking cancer.
That’d be a huge market to tap into if they could. Would make all other VR devices look like the Ouya.

RoboFu

One of the green rats

why are you so angry if you don't like apple just ignore them? This product isn't for you.

Anti-apple fanboys are much worse than apple fanboys.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
You are talking about the best commercial AR/VR tech integrated to the Apple echo system. That is a potent mix.

This isn't a VR headset though, and it's definitely not the best one for actual VR gaming etc. It really has very little to do with gaming at all, so it shouldn't even be on this side of GAF.

For AR though, yeah, it's gonna be hard to beat.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I actually think we will but more so because it aims to be a more perfect VR headset with minor setbacks. At least on paper and most previews despite shilling have been. Pretty favorable for almost all the tech.

What I hope happens is other manufacturers pick up on what technology is used here and reverse engineers enough to fix the minor issues and release a more refined and cheaper product.

I'm looking at you china

AR, not VR. The focus of this thing vs something like the PSVR2 or Quest 3 is VERY different. This is not a VR gaming headset, it's an AR productivity headset.

Ozriel

M$FT
Most likely companies bought them in bulk

Some would have gone for company trials. But they’ve been signaling limited stock for so long that FOMO’s forced quite a number of buyers to make a move.

A third of those are probably heading to wealthy customers in Asia and the Middle East.

Or people who’ve seen how much an unused sealed OG iPhone sells for.

Not everything has the same level of interest. I’m not sure there’s much demand for sealed original Apple Watch v1, or a sealed HomePod or Apple TV.

MetalRain

I mean there are millions of developers for Apple devices so, surely some small percentage will purchase the device to try it.

Kokoloko85

It's funny that people on here spend 1.5k USD on a gaming PC easily, while upgrading the GPU every few years, but spending 3.5k USD at once is somehow unbelievably expensive. Yep, makes sense :messenger_sunglasses:
You’re gonna get attacked by the most argumentative and sensitive people on this forum very soon lol. Good luck

mdkirby

Anyone doubting these number needs their heads checked. This is apple, of course they are gonna sell a shit ton. Will the numbers dry up later? Maybe, but early on they'll sell plenty. They have millions of die hard wealthy fans with plenty of disposable income who will be happy to drop a few k on a new toy...even if it then sits in a drawer. Can it expand beyond their most rabid, wealthiest core? We'll have to wait and see.

nbkicker

love my quest 3 for ar and vr, but just games, I have no plans to sit there and watch a movie on it or out else, that’s why apples unit just doesn’t intrest me, no games, and everything u can do on the unit u can just pick yr phone or iPad up and do, plus u can do it without a big pair of ski goggles attached to yr head

reinking

Gold Member
It’s funny to read the comments here. Reminds me of the “it’s just a big phone” when the iPad was introduced. See you in three years when you are browsing GAF on your Apple headset (or Samsung copycat).
I find it funny that we are getting “Apple drone” type comments when we have so many brand loyalist here on GAF.

It looks like this first gen is going to have enough interest for Apple to pursue the market. IMO, that is great news. More interest shouled lead to more consumer devices and support.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Every bus traveler will be wearing these Apple visions I think it’s agreed to wait for the second, third generation to come out to give Apple the opportunity to fix things.

nbkicker

It’s funny to read the comments here. Reminds me of the “it’s just a big phone” when the iPad was introduced. See you in three years when you are browsing GAF on your Apple headset (or Samsung copycat).
Maybe see you in ten yrs time, 3 yrs still wont be small enough on yr head, for me I had mac computer 20+ yrs ago, had the first iPhone and since then I currently own iPhone,iPad pro, 2 Apple Watches, air pod pro 2,air pods max, Apple TV 4K, £4000 MacBook Pro last yr, but I just don’t get apples vision, maybe I’m getting to old for tech but why would I want to sit in my sitting room todo something i can do on a iPad or iPhone. the difference when iPad came out was you could browse net, email, watch videos etc on a screen that u didn’t have to squint on

Those numbers seem way too high for a very niche device costing over $3K. Who is buying this and what is the main application for general people?

Top Bottom