• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple's iPad 2 event | March 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
http://engt.co/dECwVc Engadget's iPad line watch

The lines were not this long at all for the iPad 1. Please, Steve, make them atone for their sins before they purchase. They doubted when I didn't.

Tobor

LCfiner said:
Well, this should remove any doubt about why Apple didn't allow pre-orders. those lines are PR gold.
We'll see when the iPhone 5 launches. I just want them to reinstate reserves.

Frostburn

Tobor said:
150 or so at the Apple store in Richmond. And it's chilly. :/

How many people are in line there? I work about 10 minutes from there. Just found out yesterday however that my boss will be ordering new iPad 2s for everyone in our department so I would only have to wait a week to get mine for free.

Tobor

Frostburn said:
How many people are in line there? I work about 10 minutes from there. Just found out yesterday however that my boss will be ordering new iPad 2s for everyone in our department so I would only have to wait a week to get mine for free.
25 more behind me, so 175 give or take. The line just passed the starbucks, if that gives you some reference.

Frostburn said:
jobs with awesome perks for the win!

besada

Banned
My bro-in-law is going to call after he gets into work at the Apple store. Maybe he'll just snag one for me and I can go grab it tomorrow.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
LCfiner said:
Well, this should remove any doubt about why Apple didn't allow pre-orders. those lines are PR gold.
Yeah, though it's now heavily overshadowed because of the youknowwhat in Japan.

Hmm got a black ipad 2 w/ grey smart cover sitting in my cart and I can't decide if this is what I want. Any arguments for black or white? Also, I can't tell if the smart cover will really be enough or if I should just get something from a 3rd party or something that will cover the whole unit. (that sounded sexy)

EDIT: Oh and whats everyones thoughts on the dock? Useful?

Sean

Banned
Tobor said:
We'll see when the iPhone 5 launches. I just want them to reinstate reserves.

It's kind of shitty they didn't do preorders/reserves this time around just to create some kind of launch frenzy for the media to cover. They obviously have a system in place to do these kind of launches since they handled it flawlessly with the iPad 1 (and iPhone 4).

I'm about to head out now but was told over an hour ago there's already 110+ people at the Short Hills Mall in NJ. Ugh.

Blackhead

Redarse
Stopped at the Apple Store but they wont sell the me hdmi adapter before 5 pm. There are over a 100 people in line for the iPad. Apple store employees are handing out water bottles. Not sure if I should hang around...

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Got to the freehold mall around 3:00 pm about the 100th person in line. They are taking inventory of what everyone wants and they will have mine. White or black though I didn't really prep for which color I wanted

Charred Greyface said:
Stopped at the Apple Store but they wont sell the me hdmi adapter before 5 pm. There are over a 100 people in line for the iPad. Apple store employees are handing out water bottles. Not sure if I should hang around...
100? You baby. :p

There's like 250 people here.

Gunsmithx

Sh0k said:
Line here at The Falls in Miami is around 130 people or more, compared to 50-60 people 3 hours ago.

Thanks for the update, looks like I'll try best buy first, if you find out how many units they have left post it up just in case I need to go looking around.

Two questions:

1) I wonder how many of the folks in line are actual customers versus scalpers.

2) Does anyone else line up for launches like this or has this become strictly Apple territory?

Gunsmithx

AbsoluteZero said:
Two questions:
2) Does anyone else line up for launches like this or has this become strictly Apple territory?

Outside of video games consoles I can't think of many other times this has happened.

numble

I decided I wanted one at the last minute, seeing as I can get a good deal for my old iPad.

I'm at the Greenwich Village, NYC location. It's 4 blocks long. LOL. I won't be disappointed if I don't get one, since I decided so late.

LJ11

Rolled up to BB, must have been 100 or so mouthbreathers waiting outside.

Some nasty/wretched mofos on line, just couldn't bare to be anywhere near them. I'll wait a couple of weeks.

In line at the Stoneridge Mall Apple Store (East Bay Area, CA). I'm around the 100th person here out of 120. Seems like a large number, but the line doesn't look that bad. Will be picking up two—one for myself and one for my parents.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Gary Whitta said:
Don't the 16s usually go first?

Almost always, but I still came a little over a full hour early. I would have settled for a 32, but the only ones left were the 64s. I'm kind of annoyed because I was like 3 people too short. Oh well.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Got my ipad 2 from best buy. Showed up at 1pm and was the 3rd person in line. There was about 60 people in line from what I heard.

Buckethead said:
I'm pretty sure there's pics of the dock on Apple.com.

Don't know if it's different.
Just looked, it's different. Fuck I guess that means a new keyboard dock too. FUCK YOU APPLE!*

*not really lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom