• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple's iPad 2 event | March 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jasoco said:
5PM is the official time and the time the register computers are set to unlock them.

Maybe.

I could be wrong.

If someone finds a store selling early, by all means, try! By that regard, someone could have gone into Walmart last night after midnight and bought one.

I could be wrong too im only going by what someone found out from asking a walmart employee yesterday afternoon.

Gunsmithx

Sh0k said:
Waiting in line at the Apple Store in The Falls Mall in Miami, around 40 people waiting.

Hmm... I wonder how bad the dadeland store would be. I think I'm going to go try one of the best buys first after I get out of work.

Any word on how many they have in stock?

LCfiner

Sh0k said:
Waiting in line at the Apple Store in The Falls Mall in Miami, around 40 people waiting.

that's quite a lot considering it's 4 hours till it goes on sale. damn.

looking more and more likely that I'll just order online when it goes on sale in Canada.

Sh0k

Gunsmithx said:
Hmm... I wonder how bad the dadeland store would be. I think I'm going to go try one of the best buys first after I get out of work.

Any word on how many they have in stock?
They don't say how many they have in stock, all they say is that they have plenty to cover everybody in line so far.

Mr_eX

I ordered the 32 gb wifi only and the gray cover(no way I'm paying twice as much for leather) from apple.com. The cover ships in 1-2 days the ipad ships in 5-7.

Mr_eX said:
I ordered the 32 gb wifi only and the gray cover(no way I'm paying twice as much for leather) from apple.com. The cover ships in 1-2 days the ipad ships in 5-7.
So you can stare at the cover and wish that an iPad was attached to it. Sounds like torture.

lSTpt.gif

And what episode of Supernatural was this from?

Mr_eX

PhoncipleBone said:
So you can stare at the cover and wish that an iPad was attached to it. Sounds like torture.

lSTpt.gif

And what episode of Supernatural was this from?
I have no idea what episode it's from, it might be from the gag reel on the DVDs because I don't remember seeing it in the show.

I have a dream that one day little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers together in a dedicated iPad 2 thread.

Buckethead said:
I have a dream that one day little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers together in a dedicated iPad 2 thread.
Why do you think they made black and white iPads? APPLE SOLVED RACISM CONFIRMED.

KtSlime

crazy monkey said:
not everyone is crazy about apple or knows everything.

True, but at least where I live, if people see a long ass line, pretty much everyone just assumes Apple released something new. At least that is how it works at the mall that has the Apple Store.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Fuck it, I'll wait two weeks and get an iPad 2 with a smart cover instead of an iPad 1 today.

Think they'll have them in stock at the Apple Store on April 1st?

ivedoneyourmom said:
True, but at least where I live, if people see a long ass line, pretty much everyone just assumes Apple released something new. At least that is how it works at the mall that has the Apple Store.

Consoles and hyped phone released garner lines as well. And it was Best Buy so yeah.

I think that's more of a result of poor diet, lack of exercise, too much caffeine, and an American sense of entitlement than anything else.

It's an entirely reasonable question.

NJ Shlice

No line for me this time around. I set up an appointment with their Business team for 7:30p today. I just have to walk in and grab it.

I went with 32GB White 3G with Navy Leather smart cover

33etvyc.png

hyp

Stat Flow said:
Think they'll have them in stock at the Apple Store on April 1st?

seeing as though online orders are now shipping 2-3 weeks+ demand could be pretty high. worst case scenario they don't have the specific model you want. but i'm assuming folks will still be able to walk into the store in the coming weeks and get one.

NJ Shlice

animlboogy said:
I'm probably buying an iPad through Craigslist today for $300, so this doesn't affect me...

but hey, WHY DON'T ALL YOU GUYS SELLING YOUR iPADS ON GAZELLE SELL THEM TO GAFFERS?

If you're going to give it up for $315, why not help out another poster? I'm sure there's people looking for them in other threads. They'd probably happily pay $325 or more to help you out over that service, too.

There's the iPad thread and, better yet, the Buy/Sell/Trade thread in the Community section.

I've had my iPad up on eBay two times now and it hasn't sold. I tried $600, then $500.

I just put it up again now for $425.

32GB Wifi + 3G + Incase Leather Case + Free Shipping

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
All these people buying the iPad 2 weren't with us iPad 1 believers at the start. They should be forced to make a sacrifice to atone before purchase.

pxleyes

Banned
Only about 8-10 people at the closest best buy. I may just go there...wonder how many each BB got.

I have 2 Best Buys, 3 Targets, 2 Wal-Marts, and 1 Apple store within 10 minutes driving.

Ulairi

Banned
The apple store near me has 3 people in line. I am going to get there at 3:00pm when the store closes and wait. Not willing to wait in the cold for 4 hours for an iPad.

hyp

i'm sure most of the people who really want one are working right now. ipad 2 fever is gonna hit hard today for sure.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
numble said:
http://i.imgur.com/NJa7Z.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6ziC6.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/UxX8n.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cB0yg.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Z0Pv5.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JVelU.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Are these current?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
tribal24 said:
damn ill be at work, does anyone think theres gonna be anymore at fifth avenue store tommorow?
How would anyone know?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Marty Chinn said:
Well Apple could have stated they will have daily shipments. That's how someone would know and that's what he's asking about.

Not to mention he asked if anyone 'thinks' there will be any in stock, not if anyone 'knows'. Asking for opinions...

Tobor

Marty Chinn said:
Well Apple could have stated they will have daily shipments. That's how someone would know and that's what he's asking about.
They won't even say how many they have right now, let alone tomorrow.

Tobor said:
They won't even say how many they have right now, let alone tomorrow.

Sure, but that doesn't mean Apple couldn't have said it. Not everyone is glued to every bit of info that comes out. Apple has in the past said they would have shipments every week and in some cases, they get shipments daily. So it's not unheard of or unreasonable for Apple to make such a claim. Even if they won't say what the numbers are because that gives too many details, they can still claim they plan to resupply on a dialy or every few days basis without revealing numbers. Just because they won't talk numbers doesn't mean they can't give indication of resupply timeframes.

Topher said:
God, I hope the Apple store at Southpoint Mall (NC) isn't crowded.
At least it is outside with plenty of room for the line. And near Cold Stone so you can get a shake. :) Maybe that guy that used to do the fire juggling will be out there.

The Apple store here in CT is in a mall on the second floor. IF there is a line you cant get anywhere in it.

numble

3cIVk.jpg

Marty Chinn said:
Sure, but that doesn't mean Apple couldn't have said it. Not everyone is glued to every bit of info that comes out. Apple has in the past said they would have shipments every week and in some cases, they get shipments daily. So it's not unheard of or unreasonable for Apple to make such a claim. Even if they won't say what the numbers are because that gives too many details, they can still claim they plan to resupply on a dialy or every few days basis without revealing numbers. Just because they won't talk numbers doesn't mean they can't give indication of resupply timeframes.

They do almost everything on a Just In Time basis, which is why orders ship to people directly from China. If they figure out NYC or Boise, Idaho has higher/lower demand, they would send the shipments accordingly.

LCfiner said:
Well, this should remove any doubt about why Apple didn't allow pre-orders. those lines are PR gold.
Yup. After the "soft" reception of the Verizon iPhone, I think they will keep the "get here or lose out" lines just for the free press.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom