• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer Season 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hela

I feel like this season is much weaker than the first one, but it still is up there and is really witty and hilarious.

NR1

For those of us that do not have cable or have been missing Season 2 thus far, Hulu is now posting season 2 episodes.

http://www.hulu.com/archer

Episodes appear 30 days after airing, so only Episode 1 is up right now. I really enjoyed it!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
REGGGGGGGGGGIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE

archer16gww.gif

Just got caught up. I was laughing all the way through the episode archer was down a liter of blood. That ep has been the highlight of this season still, expected it to be better but still good.

Hela said:
I feel like this season is much weaker than the first one, but it still is up there and is really witty and hilarious.

I actually diasgree. For me it feels like more Frisky Dingo style humour is filtering through this season. Cross show call backs are amazing!

Probably my favorite scenes with Archer is when he does something badass, and he gets really excited:

"WOOOOHOOOOOOO! Did you see that? That was like like Steve McQueen and John Woo had a baby and that baby was you, baby."

Or the Switzerland episode when Archer burned that bad guy's face off:

"HOOOOLY SHIT, did you see that?"

Snaku

Banned
Jason's Ultimatum said:
Probably my favorite scenes with Archer is when he does something badass, and he gets really excited:

"WOOOOHOOOOOOO! Did you see that? That was like like Steve McQueen and John Woo had a baby and that baby was you, baby."

Or the Switzerland episode when Archer burned that bad guy's face off:

"HOOOOLY SHIT, did you see that?"

Right?

You know what this show needs?

Xtacles.

Archer and Xander are basically the same character, and while I miss Killface and Wendell, the Xtacles are at the top of my list. I do think that this show has a more well-rounded stable of characters.

I wonder when Archer is going to tell Cyril the baby is his...

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
ncsuDuncan said:

Xtacles.

Archer and Xander are basically the same character, and while I miss Killface and Wendell, the Xtacles are at the top of my list. I do think that this show has a more well-rounded stable of characters.

I think Adam Reed has said that he wants to bring in Mr. Ford onto the show.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
is ray voiced by the dude who voiced xander crews?

ncsuDuncan said:

Xtacles.

I wonder when Archer is going to tell Cyril the baby is his...

i would love it if the archer crew could get the rights for the xtacles and maybe even xander and killface(but mainly ta'quil. ballocaust bitches!) for some sort of trade off like airing archer on as. win win all around

Parallax

Tamanon said:
Ray is voiced by Adam Reed himself, so yeah, Xander Crews, Killface, even the Bebop Cola Machine from Sealab!

the bebop cola machine? fucking. awesome.

and krieger surprises me every episode. the clones last ep, and the ai in this one? yeah, hella awesome.

Holy Shit! That episode was so awesome. Definitely my favorite of both seasons so far. It had so many great parts . The x-men jokes, holding the phone wrong, Krieger's girlfriend, plus the whole opening scene at the bar.

GoutPatrol said:

Hell yeah!

"All America wants is cold beer, warm pussy, and some place to take a shit with a door on it"

Poimandres said:
I actually diasgree. For me it feels like more Frisky Dingo style humour is filtering through this season. Cross show call backs are amazing!

Yep. I laughed when Archer booted that guy off the roof setting off a car alarm, and it turned out to be his car. It's so subtle it makes me wonder if they ever really intended people to notice it was a call back to Frisky Dingo. Then again, that just makes me love it even more.

And if Ford makes it to this show it will become my favorite thing ever.

megamerican

It's been a slow burn this season but last night's ep was great. I've noticed season 2 has relied on dialogue ratcheting into histrionics as a crutch. I enjoyed that this episode was a return to the more subdued back-and-forth of season one.

AlexMogil

GoutPatrol said:

Fucking great, I told my wife that the show *needs* Mr. Ford. I told her that right after the end of last season. Jesus, make it HAPPEN.

A great season, although I was kind of thrown off as to why they chose to air the 1st ep as the premier instead of the 2nd one they showed. Archer is by far my favorite of the cast. He is always thinking one step ahead, as long as the 2nd step is getting a drink or a person into bed.

"How can a boat be selfish?" - Lana, my favorite quote so far.

Mudkips

Banned
Does anyone know what the pirate virus is saying?

Archer says "I think Krieger has a ..."
And the pirate says his first line, so it could be "hunch hunch".

And Pam and Cheryl/Carol then say "What What!" along with the parrot.

But the pirate's second line ("the boat"?) matches up with a shot of Mallory glaring at Pam and Cheryl (and Pam says "inappropriate...").

Been watching it over and over but I have no idea what he's saying.

Mudkips said:

But the pirate's second line ("the boat"?) matches up with a shot of Mallory glaring at Pam and Cheryl (and Pam says "inappropriate...").

WHAT WHAT

Mudkips said:

"Hush Hush, What What"

As for this second season, it started off average, but these past few episodes have been HILARIOUS! I've been laughing really hard at the past few and I honestly can't wait for this week's episode. It seems like they started off by playing it safe and fell back on some old jokes from the first season, but now it seems they're expanding and building on the jokes. Plus, the character development in this season is awesome.

Iced_Eagle said:
"Hush Hush, What What"

As for this second season, it started off average, but these past few episodes have been HILARIOUS! I've been laughing really hard at the past few and I honestly can't wait for this week's episode. It seems like they started off by playing it safe and fell back on some old jokes from the first season, but now it seems they're expanding and building on the jokes. Plus, the character development in this season is awesome.

It's "Hunch Hunch". Adam Reed Twittered it.

The sound of the elevator breaking while Archer and Cyril were riding was the all time funniest thing that's ever been on this show.

BenjaminBirdie said:
The sound of the elevator breaking while Archer and Cyril were riding was the all time funniest thing that's ever been on this show.

Haha, I wondered how many people would notice that. It's those little details that make this show (and Frisky Dingo before it) amazing.

The Lenox Avenue Ladybugs come to mind.

BenjaminBirdie said:

What am I looking for here? I didn't really hear anything and I'm normally pretty good at noticing those type of jokes.

ncsuDuncan said:
The Lenox Avenue Ladybugs come to mind.

Oh, they just want to win. Get um' Ladybugs.

big ander

I thought it was hilarious but I legit couldn't understand them at the end at all, which killed it for me. Cheryl was amazing in this episode.

My favorite episode of the season so far! If you strain, you can absolutely make out what they're saying at the end. Or, protip: turn on the captions!

That episode was amazing. The noises Archer was making while he was deaf had me dying for some reason, and his commentary during the sniper scene...so good. And the meet up ion the armory was hilarious too.

And I love how Lana's "NOOOOOOOOOOPE" gets used in transitions from scene to scene.

Parallax

after watching frisky dingo last night, is it wierd that i thnik wendell would be a perfect fit in archer? no field work, but him kicking it around isis fucking with pam, ray, cheryl, and cyril?

That episode was a great. It combined Salt, the Russian spy reveal from last year, Angie’s forthcoming directing debut, a dig a Lost (thou I disagree), Kathleen Turner, Romancing The Stone, and sexual repression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom