• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are the game awards relevant to you?

Are the awards relevant to you?

• No, they are a complete Joke

Votes: 84 43.1%
  • HELL Yea! I love it

Votes: 17 8.7%
  • Meh

Votes: 94 48.2%

• Total voters

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
How important or serious do you take the game awards?

I find them a complete fucking joke! Outside of the endless commercials and cringy pandering, they just suck. Filled with unpopular options while being boring as fuck.

That's my take but you may love them. Your take?

Portugeezer

They're not serious, I'm sure Geoff would like it to be but financially it wouldn't work. It's the event with the most clout online it seems; it's good for Internet banter and maybe a premiere of an decent upcoming game.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I think it's great. It's a night dedicated to celebrating games. There's live game OST performances, big reveals, funny unintentional stuff that tends to happen with live television, and rooting for your favorite games to be recognized.

What's not to like?

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I just want the announcements honestly. The actual awards don't really hold much weight for me. Not just because of this particular year...pretty much every year I feel this way.

All you gotta do is ask yourself would you watch if there were no announcements? Answer is a resounding "No".

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
I think it's great. It's a night dedicated to celebrating games. There's live game OST performances, big reveals, funny unintentional stuff that tends to happen with live television, and rooting for your favorite games to be recognized.

What's not to like?

All the e-bullshit that noone cares about, Geoff's lack of security causing interruptions by irrelevant youtubers or whack jobs, movie nonsense that is always a part of the show, Geoff's incredible knack to overhype meaningless reveals.......should i go on?

digdug2

I miss E3 with all of the ridiculous announcements, so TGA is a nice stopgap.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Dazraell

It's just video game industry patting themselves on the back

I'm personally more into announcements than awards. Although it's nice to see developers being recognized for their work. I'm sure either way this type of stuff are a good boost to their morale

Reactions: Isa

acidagfc

It's a cringefest that will generate a few okay memes.
Plus they will show some cool trailers.
Not worth watching in real time for EU folks though. I'll just check a restream or a reaction video next day.

Aenima

Why the poll options are always: Yes best thing evaaaa, or No complete joke you fucking losers!!!

NO they are not relevant to me but i dont find them a joke, they are entertaining and is another event to celebrate videogames and see some new stuff thats coming up.

Muffdraul

I've never watched the show. All I do is keep my eyes and ears open to find out what big new announcements happened and then check them out on youtube.

MiguelItUp

I only really tune in and care about it to see the reveals/new trailers. Really couldn't care any less about who wins what or who loses.

LordOfChaos

They're fun, and people think too hard about shit that doesn't matter

I'll watch it, probably in the background while doing something else, it's fine and also not super important to me

Mythoclast

They've made some interesting announcements in previous years. Don't give a damn about the awards tho. In fact, I think it's as important or even more important than E3 for good game announcements.

It's great gamers have an awards show that can acknowledge developers and show off big announcements. I don't really care about it too much but I think it's incredibly important to shine a light on gaming and grow the industry. No bigger event than the VGA's. All gamers should want it to successful

Last edited:

Solidus_T

I think it is important that fully finished games get recognition, so this year, Baldur's Gate 3 winning is important as well as Elden Ring last year, as both games send a message to the rest of the industry about monetizing every aspect of gaming.

The Game Awards somewhat replaced E3 for me, so yeah, I try to watch it if I can although the event will start at like 2AM in the morning here in Europe which sucks big time.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I watch it for the trailers. I always hope there'll be something for Switch. Tho Nintendo doesn't have the same relationship with Geoff.

Top Bottom