• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkane and Spencer promised Redfall will be their most supported game post-launch, 3 months later Redfall no updates, users are angry for being lied

Kiraly

I remember when this game was going to be available on more platforms and reach more players before MS got involved.

And how wonderful it is now that MS gave this "irresponsibly" large game the time and investment to allow it to become what it is now.

Stare-Bear

Banned
lYb0j7M.jpg

Don’t believe his lies…

Duchess

I imagine Arcane will get around to releasing that 60fps patch within the next 6 months. However, most people will no longer care, and won't be playing the game any more.

Man, you guys really get what you deserve.

What exactly do I deserve here? Redfall is not a good game, am I supposed to stress myself out or get upset because I think they arent working on updates fast enough? No, because the game sucks, so I don’t really care about the rate of updates.

It would be one thing if they released it and abandoned it, but that’s not what is happening. I’m not going to apologize for not acting like an emotional simpleton.

You get what you deserve 😆😆😆 Adorable.

MadPanda

Banned
if they don't fix they should just allow anyone with the game to get a refund
imagine paying 70$ and now you have this

I hope they don't refund anyone. Let this be their lesson. They had no good reason to pre-order it, yet they went and bought the most expensive editions before they had reviews. If they refund them, they won't learn a lesson and will continue to do the same.

avin

Maybe it's time for that old joke from Annie Hall?
Old lady 1: The food here is terrible.
Old lady 2: I know! And the portions are so small!

avin

Last edited:

Three

am I supposed to stress myself out or get upset because I think they arent working on updates fast enough? No, because the game sucks, so I don’t really care about the rate of updates.
But...
And even then, Arkane has been supporting the game post launch. One gargantuan patch in June and a smaller patch last month. So even the idea that Arkane lied is a crock of shit.

The game is really bad and needs a lot of work but let’s not pretend like they aren’t trying.

You seem to care deeply about the rate of updates (bug fixes mind, not the promised Hero Pass content or 60fps performance patch). All in the name of damage control of course.

Microsoft won’t want a class action lawsuit, the fact the game said it was 60fps on the physical box means they have to release a patch for it, even if nobody is playing it.

Bethesda Microsoft published the game so this is 100% on them, they should be never have shipped it in this state knowing the promises they had made.

Phil needs to grow balls and learn to fire people, did Bonnie Ross return from her “personal leave” to QA this or something?

Last edited:
As with all games that have had this bad of a launch, I give them up to one full year for any substantial updates to release. They can still bounce back from this with a ‘comeback story’ but it will take a long time of them humbling themselves, being radio silent, pulling their sleeves up, and getting to work. No social media whining, no excuses, no bullshit PR, just coders coding and animators animating. They might as well also ask the DOOM devs for help, as nearly everyone else crawls to them for help when their game isn’t up to par(and I hope they asked MS/Bethesda for raises due to this).

If nothing at all happens within one year, the game is truly dead.

The clock is ticking.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Ok so Arkane said it. So what? Arkane is lead by Microsoft’s Phil Spencer. The title is not a blatant lie and you know it.

The game still does not have 60fps and you are seriously complaining about the title

It is though.

Arkane and Spencer promised

The topic title is Arkane's statement, not Spencers. Redfall should be criticized for its shortcomings, but we don't need a false statement in the topic title to drum up more sensationalism and fanboy fodder.

Man, you guys really get what you deserve.

ok ?

Last edited:

graywolf323

It is though.

The topic title is Arkane's statement, not Spencers. Redfall should be criticized for its shortcomings, but we don't need a false statement in the topic title to drum up more sensationalism and fanboy fodder.

ok ?
In the latest episode of the Kinda Funny Games podcast, Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer commented on the negative reception to Arkane Austin's Redfall. The executive took full responsibility while saying he won't apologize for the creative aspirations of the teams.

The team at Arkane is on taking the near-term feedback. We're still working on the 60 frames per second, we have a good timeline for that. We're committed to getting that done. We're going to continue to work the game. I think we've shown a committment to games like Sea of Thieves and Grounded to continue to build games. I also know that these games are $70 and I'll take full responsibility for launching a game that needs to be great.

there you go, that’s straight from the horse’s mouth

I’m sure you’ll find a way to spin it though because that’s what you’re here for 🙄

But...

You seem to care deeply about the rate of updates (bug fixes mind, not the promised Hero Pass content or 60fps performance patch). All in the name of damage control of course.

Holy shit, being aware of the two patches for the game means I “care deeply” 😆 You’re aware of “hero pass content” and “60fps patch”, do you “care deeply” about Redfall? All in the name of juvenile console warz of course.

Some of you need to understand what damage control is. Correcting your stupid narratives isn’t damage control.

Truly holding them accountable eh ;)?

Ive said the game sucks and it shouldn’t have released in the state it did. If I play a game on GamePass and it’s good, I buy it. I didn’t buy Redfall. Exactly how else am I supposed to “hold them accountable” 😆😆

skit_data

Dropping post launch support and having the devs focus on future releases is probably the right thing to do.
Would've been better to just not commit to anything. Phil Spencer has a tendency to (for some inexplicable reason) over emphasize some stuff he probably should just not comment on because the risk of it coming back to bite is bigger than the potential gain.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
It is though.

Oh.....so you are upset about the "most supported game" line? Eh.....ok? Last time I checked Arkane works for Phil Spencer. Their commitments are his. Either way, Phil Spencer explicitly said they were going to fix Redfall and three months later.....nothing. That's the larger issue here.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Dropping post launch support and having the devs focus on future releases is probably the right thing to do.
Would've been better to just not commit to anything. Phil Spencer has a tendency to (for some inexplicable reason) over emphasize some stuff he probably should just not comment on because the risk of it coming back to bite is bigger than the potential gain.
It is, but only if Microsoft refunds those who purchased the game.

mdkirby

Surely anyone who bought it, presumably bought it because they are fans of Arkane (no idea why they’d buy it and not play on gamespass). You’d think they would be happy they’ve dropped it like the heavy dead corpse it is to hopefully work on something people might actually like.

Three

Holy shit, being aware of the two patches for the game means I “care deeply” 😆 You’re aware of “hero pass content” and “60fps patch”, do you “care deeply” about Redfall? All in the name of juvenile console warz of course.

Some of you need to understand what damage control is. Correcting your stupid narratives isn’t damage control.

Because I read the OP to see what it's about and the grievances in it, did you? Here it is in case you missed it:
Additional characters are promised to people who paid extra for the bite back edition, 60 fps was promised for Xbox Series X users, but the fact they literally haven't even had ONE SINGLE SUBSTANTIAL UPDATE in 3 months is alarming, this concern only grows worse by the fact the devs haven't given any real update on when we can actually expect any of the promised content.

The only "Updates" the game has received would be regarded as hot fixes at best by other dev teams.

now if you care so little about redfall and its update schedule why are you here trying to sell bug fixes you seem to have researched release dates about as massive updates then saying you don't actually care about what updates the game got? It didn't get the updates the OP mentions. It may do in future but don't pass it off as the same thing and say the topic is "a crock of shit" then pretend you don't actually care about the subject of updates when you do. I'm sure these updates will actually come, maybe even very soon judging by this news but there is no need for your damage control in it, having not even understood what it's about.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Because I read the OP to see what it's about and the grievances in it, did you? Here it is in case you missed it:

now if you care so little about redfall and its update schedule why are you here trying to sell bug fixes you seem to have researched release dates about as massive updates then saying you don't actually care about what updates the game got? It didn't get the updates the OP mentions. It may do in future but don't pass it off as the same thing and say the topic is "a crock of shit" then pretend you don't actually care about the subject of updates when you do. I'm sure these updates will actually come, maybe even very soon judging by this news but there is no need for your damage control in it, having not even understood what it's about.
7ux2g7.gif

Of course I read the OP, and the Reddit post linked. Yes, it’s a crock of shit 👍 Hope that makes it clear for you. A 30+ GB patch that changes a lot in the game isn’t a “hotfix”. And I know about the patches because they installed on my Series X. Furthermore the talk in the thread is that the game has been abandoned entirely, not that these two specific pieces of content are still missing. Again, disproving stupid console warrior narratives isn’t damage control. Let me know if you need it repeated. Redfall is a turd, no one is defending it or doing damage control.

I know a lot of you go insane when Phil Spencer or Xbox is involved but you should probably calm down on the warrior nonsense. Not going to bother replying to you anymore, feel free to post another GameFAQS tier reply.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
They obviously don't want the game in the news until the 60fps mode hits. It's probably best they are handling it this way.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
No one is playing it, why would they put more time into it? Better to move on.

Fbh

Why would anyone want Arkane to spend more time and money on content for this crappy game?.

I guess the 60fps patch will be coming as they explicitly promised it (even on the box of the game). But afterwards it would be best for everyone if they just drop it and move on.

But also lol at people defending them with "they actually have supported it with HUGE patches........to fix the horrible technical issues it launched with"

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Why would anyone want Arkane to spend more time and money on content for this crappy game?.

I guess the 60fps patch will be coming as they explicitly promised it (even on the box of the game). But afterwards it would be best for everyone if they just drop it and move on.

But also lol at people defending them with "they actually have supported it with HUGE patches........to fix the horrible technical issues it launched with"

I'd be fine with that if they refunded those who paid money for it. But as it is, Phil Spencer doubled down and compared what they will do with Redfall to their continued work on Redfall to Sea of Thieves and Grounded. That's means a long term commitment. As a platform owner, I think Microsoft really has to fulfill their promises to protect the integrity of the Xbox ecosystem. Because even if MS refunds the purchases, there will always be that stigma around the Xbox brand of giving up on their own first party titles. That's not a good place to be, imo.

Klayzer

I'd be fine with that if they refunded those who paid money for it. But as it is, Phil Spencer doubled down and compared what they will do with Redfall to their continued work on Redfall to Sea of Thieves and Grounded. That's means a long term commitment. As a platform owner, I think Microsoft really has to fulfill their promises to protect the integrity of the Xbox ecosystem. Because even if MS refunds the purchases, there will always be that stigma around the Xbox brand of giving up on their own first party titles. That's not a good place to be, imo.
I absolutely agree with your take on it. A negative stigma attached to your brand, is hard to shake when you're fighting for the same customers as Nintendo/Sony.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Why would they? It shipped in a terrible state, and no amount of patches would save it. If the game was a success, it probably would have Sea of Thieves level of support.

Top Bottom