• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkane and Spencer promised Redfall will be their most supported game post-launch, 3 months later Redfall no updates, users are angry for being lied

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
No one is playing it, why would they put more time into it? Better to move on.
CalmSecondDuckbillplatypus-size_restricted.gif

I will say this again, maybe more will read it :
Please let it die in peace and go to next project. Its not redeemable
That doesn't set a good precedent for Xbox. If they are constantly abandoning their games and not making good on their promises, what value are they to their customers? They have built up a terrible reputation for many years now and continue to fail on making good on their promises. They are so desperate that they are buying large publishers to gain an advantage.

Incidentally, Redfall was the first game to come out of their first large acquisition and they completely shat the bed with that. They have yet to prove that they are even capable and responsible enough to be leading these companies properly to produce desirable and quality games.

It's fucking pathetic, and anyone that ACTUALLY wants Xbox to succeed should be holding them to task, not dismissing every failure and paying lip service with promises to do better next time.

I think it's good that people hold Microsoft accountable for promising future DLCs when selling them, but it's obvious that no one will miss the content of a game that is crap. But they can go to hell for making a bad game and for charging while promising content.

Damigos

That doesn't set a good precedent for Xbox. If they are constantly abandoning their games and not making good on their promises, what value are they to their customers? They have built up a terrible reputation for many years now and continue to fail on making good on their promises. They are so desperate that they are buying large publishers to gain an advantage.

Incidentally, Redfall was the first game to come out of their first large acquisition and they completely shat the bed with that. They have yet to prove that they are even capable and responsible enough to be leading these companies properly to produce desirable and quality games.

It's fucking pathetic, and anyone that ACTUALLY wants Xbox to succeed should be holding them to task, not dismissing every failure and paying lip service with promises to do better next time.
There is no point in fixing what is broken beyond fixing. Watch the skill up review and try the game for yourself and you ll be amazed with the incompetence they showed when they greenlit its release.
Its not our fault conglomerates like MS release games in this state.
Its not our fault they think spending $70bn will solve their problems.
Stop calling us pathetic, we are on the same side. No company is your friend

Drizzlehell

Banned
Well, there are 2 options here:
1. They're planning to pull out Hello Games and release a bigger update, but with the amount of problems that this game had 3 months is not enough to roll it out
2. They ditched it

There is no point in fixing what is broken beyond fixing. Watch the skill up review and try the game for yourself and you ll be amazed with the incompetence they showed when they greenlit its release.
Its not our fault conglomerates like MS release games in this state.
Its not our fault they think spending $70bn will solve their problems.
Stop calling us pathetic, we are on the same side. No company is your friend
Just to be clear (sorry my wording and sentence structure was not good there), it was not my intention to call people pathetic but the efforts of MS to do right by their customers.

Havoc2049

why are you people paying for a game that is on Game Pass? what's the matter with you?
This thread isn't about the base game on Game Pass, it's about the content they have yet to deliver in the Bite Back deluxe edition, along with the 60FPS promise they made to gamers.

It actually isn't that much content. The majority of the content from the Bite Back edition was there day one, but they are supposed to introduce two more characters to the game.

dorkimoe

started this on pc recently, its not good at all, but its ok enough to just kill time and unlock stuff and level up. But wow the combat is BAD

Katatonic

I will say this again, maybe more will read it :
Please let it die in peace and go to next project. Its not redeemable
They already put a physical label on the box promising the update. Can't back down now unless they wanna add more f's to the cluster fuck.

clarky

Gold Member
Microsoft have trained their sheep to not buy games but to rent them so really, how many people actually purchased this giant turd???
6000 all time high CCU on steam so maybe 100k total ? Quite a few must have refunded though.

45 people playing right now so like others said just kill it and move on.

Warhammer 3 launched on gamepass

Why would I sub to that service to play Warhammer 3 on that turd of an app and without steam support? Alot of people don't want to just rent games.
Also game Pass has been garbage for over a year now. Biggest first party game on it this year.. redfall. Go figure.
why are you people paying for a game that is on Game Pass? what's the matter with you?

TransTrender

Gold Member
The $100USD AMERICAN Bite Back Edition said it included "REDFALL HERO PASS PLAY AS TWO FUTURE HEROES"

Questions:
How far in the future do these characters come from?
Is it really a good idea to take a Vampire based horror game and mix in time travel?
Has there been any statements from Arkane regarding when these characters will be added to the game?
Will Arkane refund customers if they announce future content has been cancelled?

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
The $100USD AMERICAN Bite Back Edition said it included "REDFALL HERO PASS PLAY AS TWO FUTURE HEROES"

Questions:
Is it really a good idea to take a Vampire based horror game and mix in time travel?
Has there been any statements from Arkane regarding when these characters will be added to the game?
Will Arkane refund customers if they announce future content has been cancelled?
No official update or updated timeline as far as I know.

Questions:
Answer: don’t pre order games and don’t pre buy dlc ever. You don’t get a discount for any of the stuff and you only risk your own money. I really feel for the fools who buy games with deluxe editions that promise you 3 dlc levels which will take like 2 years to release.

2 days after buying the game you don’t even play the game anymore making the spent money a complete waste. Just buy it when it releases or not at all.

In Redfalls case, you could’ve saved 100 dollars and the embarrassment of owning the game.

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member
Answer: don’t pre order games and don’t pre buy dlc ever. You don’t get a discount for any of the stuff and you only risk your own money. I really feel for the fools who buy games with deluxe editions that promise you 3 dlc levels which will take like 2 years to release.

2 days after buying the game you don’t even play the game anymore making the spent money a complete waste. Just buy it when it releases or not at all.

In Redfalls case, you could’ve saved 100 dollars and the embarrassment of owning the game.
Don't worry, I don't pre order games pretty much never buy DLC, and I actively chastise those who do.
My post was trying to be a bit cheeky by taking 'Future Heroes' to mean time traveling heroes from the future with a vampire horror crossover.

The main meat was trying to remind those who did open their asswallets for $100 of nothing to not let Arkane get away with not delivering on their promises when they have your money.
The hypocrisy of saying it will be the most supported game but then not delivering on 60FPS and also not delivering on the paid DLC people already paid for.

Last edited:

pasterpl

Wasn’t there an update/patch for it in June? So 1 month after release. Now we are in 2nd month after the last update. How often do you people want games to be updated? It takes time to get fixes, I improvements done.

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Wasn’t there an update/patch for it in June? So 1 month after release. Now we are in 2nd month after the last update. How often do you people want games to be updated? It takes time to get fixes, I improvements done.
For new features? No reason to complain. But for features featured on the box? And that people had to pay EXTRA for? There should be a clear answer to those. Communication at least. What do you prefer? Overpromise and underdeliver, or the opposite? Here we are sadly in the underdeliver side. And I consider that it is normal that some people seek answers. But yes it takes time to fix things.

Havoc2049

Phil’s gotta go. One misstep after the next.
Phil inherited a three legged horse to run a race with, right after Microsoft let Bungie go and they shut down FASA Studio, Salt Lake Studio, Digital Anvil, Ensemble, Aces Game Studio and Lionhead, along with several other support and smaller developers. It's kinda amazing that Xbox is still here.

Gambit2483

They already put a physical label on the box promising the update. Can't back down now unless they wanna add more f's to the cluster fuck.

And? Technically that sticker is still factually true. At this point I wouldn't expect them to put anymore money into this dumpster fire that all of 5 ppl are still playing, and not even the devs wanted to release.

This thread isn't about the base game on Game Pass, it's about the content they have yet to deliver in the Bite Back deluxe edition, along with the 60FPS promise they made to gamers.

It actually isn't that much content. The majority of the content from the Bite Back edition was there day one, but they are supposed to introduce two more characters to the game.
bite back deluxe edition:

- Redfall Base Game
- Redfall Hero Pass with Two Future Heroes
- Laser Beam Multi-Weapon Skin
- Tactical Knife Stake Weapon Attachment
- Northern Expedition Devinder Outfit
- Eyes in the Dark Jacob Outfit
- War Clothes Layla Outfit
- Engineer Volunteer Remi Outfit

sorry but i think his post is still valid: why pay full price for this when the game's on game pass?...

spons

Gold Member
Why would you get riled up about this disaster of a game? I'm not angry, I just point and laugh. Same as with Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, although those sold 20 million times instead of... wait how many copies of Redfall were shipped? I've never even heard it broke a million or whatever.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Why would you get riled up about this disaster of a game? I'm not angry, I just point and laugh. Same as with Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, although those sold 20 million times instead of... wait how many copies of Redfall were shipped? I've never even heard it broke a million or whatever.
Their victory lap message when releasing the patch on June 12th said millions of players.
As far as MS is concerned this messaging is all that matters.
lhOUiH5.png

Also in two months there hasn't been a peep.
(at least you can view this without an account but I'm not sure how to sort by latest Tweets, but scrolling through their Tweets the last one was for the patch)

Last edited:

Gambit2483

And you probably never will. This game is all but officially swept under the rug at this point. Xbox, Bethesda and the majority of the gaming community have moved on.

Havoc2049

bite back deluxe edition:

- Redfall Base Game
- Redfall Hero Pass with Two Future Heroes
- Laser Beam Multi-Weapon Skin
- Tactical Knife Stake Weapon Attachment
- Northern Expedition Devinder Outfit
- Eyes in the Dark Jacob Outfit
- War Clothes Layla Outfit
- Engineer Volunteer Remi Outfit

sorry but i think his post is still valid: why pay full price for this when the game's on game pass?...
Just the base game is on Game Pass, not the Bite Back edition. So even you have Game Pass, you have to pay for the upgrade. People without Game Pass will also buy the game, along with collectors.

Last edited:
That's what happens with online only games. Very rare are the instances like Final Fantasy XIV (and possibly MultiVersus) where effort is put in to revitalize the game after it doesn't do well after release.

Just look at Back 4 Blood. That's another online only game that got the plug pulled on its life support when it wasn't doing the numbers the suits wanted it to.

Just the base game is on Game Pass, not the Bite Back edition. So even you have Game Pass, you have to pay for the upgrade. People without Game Pass will also buy the game, along with collectors.
i can't comment on collectors, & i would think it's as easy (& much cheaper) to get a month's worth of game pass as it is to buy a copy. but to seriously feel that a handful of skins & 2 new characters can be considered an 'upgrade'? how our standards have slipped...

supernova8

Banned
Just got finished watching the Final Fantasy XIV noclip documentary and it's a pretty stark contrast if you consider Squeenix's mammoth efforts to fix that game versus Xbox's apparent disinterest in fixing Redfall (or even following through on all the extra Halo Infinite content for that matter lol)

Zheph

Just got finished watching the Final Fantasy XIV noclip documentary and it's a pretty stark contrast if you consider Squeenix's mammoth efforts to fix that game versus Xbox's apparent disinterest in fixing Redfall (or even following through on all the extra Halo Infinite content for that matter lol)
to be fair Square Enix was dying so they had to fix it. MS will be just fine if Xbox dies tomorrow

Top Bottom