• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Sequel Announced

draft_lens1513858module8197113photo_TigerWoods_Fist_Pump.jpg1202767632

Insert infidelity joke sure, but I don't care, that's a fitting depiction of my reaction.

GeeDuhb

WOOOOOOOO! So excited, as I really enjoyed the first.

And to you people saying it is "too soon" (and yes, I have not seen the trailer yet, so correct me if I am wrong) I am sure this is just a "teaser" trailer and the game wont be out until at least August of next year.

RagnarokX

I AM JOHN! said:
To be honest, I just felt like everything was too convenient beyond the point of believability. I certainly wouldn't call it bad, but it came across as a story was subservient to shoe-horning in all the villains and setpieces, not the other way around. Didn't make the game any less awesome, though.
The game was set in Arkham Asylum... Batman's villains are usually there. Besides, the hardly even tapped into Batman's rogues gallery in terms of villains that were actually present.

beelzebozo said:
sometimes they wait ten minutes to announce the next one though.
Is there any event for American developers to announce things until E3?

There's Leipzig, I guess? And GDC?

Why not just throw up a teaser now?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT!
I wasn't expecting it so soon!

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
ShockingAlberto said:
Is there any event for American developers to announce things until E3?

There's Leipzig, I guess? And GDC?

Why not just throw up a teaser now?

i was just being a butthead. truth is, i don't think it's a necessarily good or bad thing that they show something this early--just that they are eager to keep working in the series. i hope like many others have noted that they take their time with it. i've had the bad experience of really enjoying a game, having the sequel announced and released shortly thereafter, and being completely disappointed and deflated by how half-baked it seems. so, none of that!

RagnarokX

Mt Heart Attack said:
That would be so fucking great*_*
I'd love to play as an aged Batman.. with age-related ailments and things like that.
He was probably just recovering from his last fight with Batman.

ShockingAlberto said:
My theory:

Joker's sick or poisoned from the Titan and is holding hostages until Batman finds a cure.

My theory: JOKER IS FUCKING PISSED OFF! NO ONE BREAKS HIS TEETH! NO ONE!!!!

Jocchan said:
You get a 404 error because... it has moved.
I blame
the Scarecrow, that fucker likes to mess with our heads!

FUUUUUUUUUU--- Almost forgot how awesome the game was!!!

Taurus

Great news!

First one had some bad parts, but hopefully this sequel fixes them and concentrates being pure awesomeness! Best x-mas gift so far. :D

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
ShockingAlberto said:
My theory:

Joker's sick or
poisoned from the Titan
and is holding hostages until Batman finds a cure.
shagg_187 said:
My theory: JOKER IS FUCKING PISSED OFF! NO ONE BREAKS HIS TEETH! NO ONE!!!!
My theory: Joker grows a beard. A long, flowing, curly beard that will make him unstoppable.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Hellsing321 said:
Trailer seems to imply Joke as the main baddie again and its clearly Hamill's laugh in the trailer.

You quoted me with my edit in there. >.> Yes, I see that it is Joker and Hamill. They made such a big deal about Batman: AA being his last run as Joker too since doing the voice was starting to hurt him.

Brandnew said:
the amount of stupid going on itt is ridiculous

great game comes out: "Woohoo, finally a great game!"

great game gets a sequel with what, apparently, fans wanted in a sequel: "Meh, why should we care."

You honestly don't believe some sequels, even to good games, don't come out too soon? AA only came out four months ago! Really? Last just make this shit yearly then. Got a good game? Yearly sequels!

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Kintaro said:
You quoted me with my edit in there. >.> Yes, I see that it is Joker and Hamill. They made such a big deal about Batman: AA being his last run as Joker too since doing the voice was starting to hurt him.

Really? Where did you read that? Id like to see.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
shagg_187 said:
SO EXCITED! BRING IT ON!!! :D

FUCK THE HATERS!
this game has haters? unpossible

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Naked Prime said:
Playable Nightwing please.

This, and playable Batgirl as well.

Also, Batman has to be voiced again by Kevin Conroy. That's not even questionable, RS.

bernardobri said:
This, and playable Batgirl as well.

Also, Batman has to be voiced again by Kevin Conroy. That's not even questionable, RS.

I'm not familiar with the canon TOO much but wasn't she IN the first one?

Batgirl = Barbara = Oracle, and as oracle she's paralyzed already...is there a new batgirl?

Johann

_tetsuo_ said:
Really? Where did you read that? Id like to see.

It was the GTTV episode about comic-con. Near the end of the Darksiders/Arkham Asylum segment, he said this would be the last time he used the Joker voice. It sounds as if the game might incorporate any of Mark's difficulty with the voice into the story.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
demosthenes said:
I'm not familiar with the canon TOO much but wasn't she IN the first one?

Batgirl = Barbara = Oracle, and as oracle she's paralyzed already...is there a new batgirl?

There's different incarnations of Batgirl in the series.

Still, doesn't need to be story-wise connected, it can be something bonus.

Top Bottom