• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon | Review Thread

What scores do you think Armored Core VI will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 6 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

phaedrus

F4Oqsj7bIAEvhbo

PRE-ORDER CANCELED!
FromSoftware just shot themselves in the foot!
I don't know how much the rest of you know about robots (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it.
It's not like it is with humans where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw a robot over, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.
What this means is the robots, after hearing about this, are not going to want to purchase Armored Core VI, nor will they purchase any of FromSoftware's games.
This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but FromSoftware has alienated an entire market with this move.

FromSoftware, publicly apologize and cancel Armored Core VI or you can kiss your business goodbye!

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I really don't get Amazon sometimes :
Pre-ordered the game on August 18, release date Friday 25 with delivery on Tuesday 29.
Today (Friday ), I go to the game's page on Amazon and it's available for next day delivery (Saturday 26) - what ? Why/how ?

So, I get shafted for actually pre-ordering it ? it doesn't make sense ffs.

I have the option to reschedule the delivery for Monday (?) and it also says "shipped" on the order's status but haven't received an email yet like I use to whenever an order is shipped.

What gives ? is there a possibility that I'll actually receive the game earlier ?

I'd cancel my order and make a new one but I've used an Amazon gift card to bring the price down and I don't know what will happen if I do so (I suppose I'll lose the gift card discount ?).

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Is that serious!? This game is about giant flying mechas, were they seriously expecting realism in this game or something?

Are they gonna cry about why Shows like Gundam and Macross are not realistic enough for them?

Guilty_AI

Is that serious!? This game is about giant flying mechas, were they seriously expecting realism in this game or something?

Are they gonna cry about why Shows like Gundam and Macross are not realistic enough for them?
its cause they forgot to add the correct modern robot pronoums

Danjin44

This currently our world version of mech, super slow that can barely move.......what these people expecting here?

Last edited:

zeldaring

Banned
Played 3 hours yesterday. Performance mode is rock solid 60 and close to 4k. Quality mode is trash.

Game is awesome. It’s perfect like sekiro.
But it’s so difficult and so complex. There are so many parts and stats.
Even the first boss destroyed me. I will probably not be able to finish it lol.
It might be difficult being fun. Let’s see
This will probably really shine on new game plus when you have all the mechanics down .

Bry0

Beat chapter one boss. Imo this game is waaaaay easier than sekiro. I basically never died until the chapter one boss who required a build rework and many retries. Smooth sailing til I got to him. Ended up using a derpy tank tread build since I eas too lazy to go back and buy high mobility parts, lol. I’ve played previous AC though and I feel like that gives you a big advantage. They don’t really *teach* you to play I feel, they just tell you the mechanics. if you’re new to the series or mech games in general it’s pretty steep learning curve.

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
Wonder if I would enjoy this more than Sekiro..

Seems that the game is harder than Sekiro

Suppose that depends on how much RPG-mechanics (insert explosive joke here) there are and whether I can grind or "game" my way through difficult encounters.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

PC Performance is great at max settings, just like Sekiro in smoothness compared to Elden Ring. Still early bits, but already got used to the controls and I feel one with my AC. I will get stronger, I will crush everyone. The art direction is a beauty.

Speaking of Sekiro, it seems its similar in style where the story & world unravels more in NG+/++? That might explain those who supposedly thinks there isn't one.

Danjin44

Suppose that depends on how much RPG-mechanics (insert explosive joke here) there are and whether I can grind or "game" my way through difficult encounters.
I mean there is no RPG mechanics in AC games, you mostly need build your AC to overcome the challenge rather than grind your way through the game.

Last edited:
Only played the tutorial so maybe famous last words but perfect frame pacing, no stutter and locked framerate on PC. My GPU is at 50% so it could scale higher but still looks decent and has nice art direction. Elden Ring has obvious issues straight away so fingers crossed this is a good version.

GrayFoxPL

Played 3 hours yesterday. Performance mode is rock solid 60 and close to 4k. Quality mode is trash.

Game is awesome. It’s perfect like sekiro.
But it’s so difficult and so complex. There are so many parts and stats.
Even the first boss destroyed me. I will probably not be able to finish it lol.
It might be difficult being fun. Let’s see

If it is like previous ACs. The game is as easy or hard as you let it to be.

Just include a Pulse blade to your arsenal.

Pluse/Energy blades were ridiculously broken in old AC games.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Am I blind or is there no OT?
Mortal is working on it and already said it will be late.

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
quick question before I download

PS5 framerate, is it typical FROM shit-tier or is it actually stable 60?

Mortal is working on it and already said it will be late.

Ah all good didn't see that. Thanks

j0hnnix

Gold Member
I honestly do not understand reviews saying this is too difficult , with the checkpoints, countless options to adjust your AC. The game is as hard as you make it, I definitely don't care for one enemy shown in chapter one but adjusted and took care of them. Game has been fun and performs well.

GymWolf

The game runs and play like butter on pc at 4k120.

Edit: lol the first boss was kicking my ass when i tried to fight him ranged then i tried to be super aggressive with the sword and he died first try in 30 sec like a chump :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

(he still fucked me 5 times before the sword try:lollipop_squinting:)

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I really don't get Amazon sometimes :
Pre-ordered the game on August 18, release date Friday 25 with delivery on Tuesday 29.
Today (Friday ), I go to the game's page on Amazon and it's available for next day delivery (Saturday 26) - what ? Why/how ?

So, I get shafted for actually pre-ordering it ? it doesn't make sense ffs.

I have the option to reschedule the delivery for Monday (?) and it also says "shipped" on the order's status but haven't received an email yet like I use to whenever an order is shipped.

What gives ? is there a possibility that I'll actually receive the game earlier ?

I'd cancel my order and make a new one but I've used an Amazon gift card to bring the price down and I don't know what will happen if I do so (I suppose I'll lose the gift card discount ?).
I haven't gotten a game from Amazon for several years. As soon as they stopped using UPS they've been a joke. Go with Best Buy or Wal Mart if you're in the US at least. Never had an issue.

Guilty_AI

The game runs and play like butter on pc at 4k120.

Edit: lol the first boss was kicking my ass when i tried to fight him ranged then i tried to be super aggressive with the sword and he died first try in 30 sec like a chump :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

(he still fucked me 5 times before the sword try:lollipop_squinting:)
Game follows same stance-break logic from Sekiro. Wanna kill big guys? Better fill out that yellow bar

GymWolf

Game follows same stance-break logic from Sekiro. Wanna kill big guys? Better fill out that yellow bar
Other than the stagger bar, it was just easier to stay close to him to avoid all the ranged attacks, i still haven't mastered the whole "evasion isn't enough if they are missiles, you have to fly aswell to avoid the aoe damage" thing and it's kinda hard to tell what is hitting you sometimes:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Also not a fan of flying bosses and this one had the bad habit of flying close or outside the arena limit too much.

Tbh this play nothing like sekiro except for the stagger bar concept.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Tbh this play nothing like sekiro except for the stagger bar concept.
No clue how older Armored Core games played, but a weird parallel i'm drawing is with retro shooters. Overall strategy is fairly similar: run and zig-zag around really fast while shooting stuff, ocasionally throw some special move.

Last edited:

ThisIsMyDog

I have an i5 11400F, GTX 1060 6GB, 16 GB RAM and the game runs flawlessly on high to medium settings at 1080p resolution, frames limited to 75 due to the monitor frequency, GPU utilization is mostly at 80%. That's the good news for me, the bad news for anyone with powerful PC or PS5/seriesX is that the game runs so well because it's a bit far from today's graphics standards, it's more of a 2015 game.

Last edited:

GymWolf

No clue how older Armored Core games played, but a weird parallel i'm drawing is with retro shooters. Overall strategy is fairly similar: run and zig-zag around really fast while shooting stuff, ocasionally throw some special move.
To me it feels like a faster, harder zoe with a stamina bar.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
You got this, man, let us know how it went.

You're gonna do well on the interview too.
Had two interviews this week for two positions for the same company . Both went very well. Great energy , liked my answers , my questions , etc.

Didn’t get any energy giving off I’m not a contender or that I wouldn’t get an offer for one of the roles or even both. That said anything can happen if someone more qualified is interviewed next. They will talk to me next week seems to be the ETA. Got major compliments on my resume being the best they’ve ever seen both from a background experience and how well laid out it is. (Wife put it together and she is very design driven so it does look a cut above the rest)

—-

More importantly I clapped the first boss on my second try in AC6, but when I went to replay the mission later for an A or S rank, I died 13 times in a row to the boss haha.

Rest of the game has been absolutely superb. The “eye” boss in the desert so far is ground breaking for from software for me. Playing with scale in all new ways and made me feel like a total bad ass.

Needlecrash

Had an issue with my Xbox controller frequently disconnecting during gameplay but I fixed it. Took me twice to beat the first boss. Loving the game so far.

Bartski

Gold Member
I'm totally stuck at chapter 3, just a regular mission. Miniboss mech with a super strong shield in a small room keeps destroying me, nothing works. This is much worse than chapter 2 end boss by far.
To make matters worse I think they forgot to add a checkpoint there as a fail is full mission replay...
Found 2 "guides" on youtube with tank dudes barely making it by a hair. No clue what to do I need to farm some anti stun parts I guess

GymWolf

I'm totally stuck at chapter 3, just a regular mission. Miniboss mech with a super strong shield in a small room keeps destroying me, nothing works. This is much worse than chapter 2 end boss by far.
To make matters worse I think they forgot to add a checkpoint there as a fail is full mission replay...
Found 2 "guides" on youtube with tank dudes barely making it by a hair. No clue what to do I need to farm some anti stun parts I guess
I haven't reached that far but maybe you could try:

2 back missile launchers that avoid shields because they have a more vertical trajectory (it's a specific description of the weapon), so you can constantly chip at his stagger bar without worrying about the shield blocking everything.

Fast legs that don't consume much stamina to avoid his attacks since it's a small room and let you go behind him for some melee attacks.

knguyen

Fromsoft made it so easy to purchase their games with tons of gameplay videos released way before launch. It's much better than release a heavy edited video with scripted devs interviews in a staged office space with 2 second "gameplay" clips inserted in between.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
I haven't reached that far but maybe you could try:

2 back missile launchers that avoid shields because they have a more vertical trajectory (it's a specific description of the weapon), so you can constantly chip at his stagger bar without worrying about the shield blocking everything.

Fast legs that don't consume much stamina to avoid his attacks since it's a small room and let you go behind him for some melee attacks.
fast legs = small load = little HP = getting one shot by his laser cannon. I tried verticle missiles and everything else, he's super agile, shielded melee and very powerful at range as well.
I just beat all rank D arena mechs first try, but this? Need to think this through and probably farm some parts with better posture

GymWolf

fast legs = small load = little HP = getting one shot by his laser cannon. I tried verticle missiles and everything else, he's super agile, shielded melee and very powerful at range as well.
I just beat all rank D arena mechs first try, but this? Need to think this through and probably farm some parts with better posture
Maybe go super uber tank then?

But i feel like that is a solution for people who don't wanna get better at the game.

I tried the tank legs and the game turn into fucking tiny tank from ps1 mixed with gotham knight car combat, not my style.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Maybe go super uber tank then?

But i feel like that is a solution for people who don't wanna get better at the game.

I tried the tank legs and the game turn into fucking tiny tank from ps1 mixed with gotham knight car combat, not my style.
I made a tank with 17000 ap and well, tanked it Second place after chapter 1 boss where I just needed that, will try to do it again proper

Top Bottom