• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon | Review Thread

What scores do you think Armored Core VI will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 6 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Seems that the game is harder than Sekiro

Stressed Oh God GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Antonline came through. Already got the code and downloading.

Last edited:

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
Are the negative points in reviews pointing toward bad performance on console? I've read the opposite. Ps5 is rock solid 60fps no?
Even though the games themselves are excellent, From Software games almost always suffer from poor optimization and technical issues, on console and PC.

It looks like they're finally taking those issues seriously, which is great news for everyone.

Bry0

wow he said he took him 10 hours to beat a boss, and 150 tries sounds like my kinda of game lol.
And yet some reviews are saying they beat the campaign in 15 hours?
i wonder if he just was using sub optimal builds for that particular boss or something.
You could easily spend hours on a boss having trouble, then use a build someone suggests and beat the same boss first try. It’s like that sometimes.

Last edited:

zeldaring

Banned
And yet some reviews are saying they beat the campaign in 15 hours?
i wonder if he just was using sub optimal builds for that particular boss or something.
You could easily spend hours on a boss having trouble, then use a build someone suggests and beat the same boss first try. It’s like that sometimes.
Yea i think it will depend on skill level and reflexes as well. I think many souls players are skilled gamers. sekiro gave me hell the first time, it was like playing a horror game lol.

BlackTron

XboxEra - Jesse Norris - 6.5 / 10
An odd return to what has been a mostly mediocre series. It fixes multiple issues, mainly control-wise from the past titles, without adding much else. It isn’t great to look at, and while it can be fun to play its poor balance as you progress kills any joy to be found after not too long.

As it is, once the power of Doom's graphics has worn off (they're amazing, so give that at least a week or two), you’lI be longing for something new in this game.
lf only you could talk to these creatures, then perhaps you could try and make friends with them, form alliances... Now, that would be interesting.

I’m happy we’re getting an actual challenging game after Elden Ring which was piss easy. I’m excited that it’s more difficult than Sekiro but now I’m getting flashbacks to some of those boss fights.

Fuck it, bring it on! :messenger_sunglasses:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Have to be honest, I won’t be picking this up yet. I’m a massive FromSoft fan, but this isn’t quite doing it for me. Not with Starfield out very soon, and a load of other stuff I’m in the middle of. I’ll pick it up down the line when it’s on sale, I think.
For me its all about Armored Core VI, I dont really care about Satrfeild or BG3, I have been waiting for new AC game for veeeeery long time.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I am going to assume it can be beaten in less time than that. I sure am curious about player impressions now. No one made claims like that at all for any game I've ever heard of other than old MMOs.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
Ok FromSoft.... I'm REALLY glad that AC is back in action. I remember vividly playing the first one on a PS1 Demo Disc I had at the time and really became interested, even if passively, in the genre. Even more so when they previewed AC2 for the PS2. I was blown away by those tiny little screenshots in my PSM magazine.

Not surprised in the slightest this is doing well and I hope it brings more people to the genre(s). I don't have the cash to pick this up now, but I will in the future. FromSoft has aged like a fine wine and I have been so happy to have been along for the ride.

That said......FromSoft....It's time to revive an ol' forgotten relic......

Cookiecreamps2.PNG
I just want a King's Field IV remake/remaster

Amazon updated my pre-order and it now says day 1 arrival. Won't have to cancel for a digital copy now, and lose out on a discount, like I had to do with Elden Ring.
birdman-hand-rub.gif

Last edited:

Stuart360

So is this like a Souls game with mechs guys. I asked the other day in one of the other threads and someone replied to NOT buy the game if i'm expecting a Souls style game. The reviews make it sound like one though, and the gameplay vids do too, although obviously quite different mechanics due to the mechs.

Danjin44

So is this like a Souls game with mechs guys. I asked the other day in one of the other threads and someone replied to NOT buy the game if i'm expecting a Souls style game. The reviews make it sound like one though, and the gameplay vids do too, although obviously quite different mechanics due to the mechs.
Structure, the combat and mechanics and even the way you build your AC is completely different than souls series.

Stuart360

Structure, the combat and mechanics and even the way you build your AC is completely different than souls series.
Well ok but i mean more in the sense of it being a hard game (which it seems it is), Do yuo go through the world fighting small but potentially hard enemies then every so often you fight a big boss. Is there a bonfire style system. If you die do all the enmies respawn, etc?.

Danjin44

Well ok but i mean more in the sense of it being a hard game (which it seems it is), Do yuo go through the world fighting small but potentially hard enemies then every so often you fight a big boss.
You can describe lot of games like even before Demons Souls came out.
Is there a bonfire style system. If you die do all the enmies respawn, etc?.
No, this is mission based structure, there is no bonfire and you replay those mission for money and get better rank.

Naked Lunch

This whole 10 hours to kill a boss thing - says to me that these people are using the wrong mech build on that particular boss. AC isnt like Souls where you are set in stone from the build you make in the very beginning of the game - its about building new mechs to find the solution from mission to mission and even mid-mission if garages are still around.

Armored Core has always been about building your way to victory - rather than powering thru with sheer skill (which is still possible too).
Trying new builds from mission to mission is what makes the series so re-playable.

Well ok but i mean more in the sense of it being a hard game (which it seems it is), Do yuo go through the world fighting small but potentially hard enemies then every so often you fight a big boss. Is there a bonfire style system. If you die do all the enmies respawn, etc?.
Mission based. I always thought Armored Core was very similar to Ace Combat.
Play missions - gain funds - buy parts/weapons/legs/arms/engines. Experiment with new builds like the mech form of legos.

Last edited:
Top Bottom