• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon | Review Thread

What scores do you think Armored Core VI will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 6 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
i do comfy couching on pc with a 55 oled gaming tv and all wireless lightspeed setup up. so good.
My wiring set up really doesn’t favor it.

Unable to run a HDMI effectively to the TV without it being very long and in the way, plus it only has one slot for the gaming channel options to enable the 120hz , HDR, etc. I’d constantly be taking out the ps5 or PC cord for the slot.

I just pick and choose. Like Spider-Man 2 is a no brainer for ps5 on TV, and something like sea of stars plus blasphemous 2 on the couch .

bender

What time is it?
for any1 that didnt get it from my 1st post i want to have sexual intercourse with these robots
futurama-amy.gif

Yep punting this to black friday.

Few reviews now saying only 10 hours of story mode, exclusing re-plays. Any other hours are multiplayer, or dicking around the garage well-beyond necessity.

Shame. Im a FromSoft fanboy, but dissapointed considering this is from the Sekiro team?

Hey, at least From got it out of their system. Now its Elden Ring 2, new ip and Sekiro 2 until next gen comes.

Klosshufvud

Supposedly the game has a lot of replay value going off what reviews are saying. Really nice to play a game that's worth replaying for once.

TexMex

If people expecting Armored Core Freaking 6 to play like Souls game and be disappointed it doesn't, they have no one but themselves to blame.

FROM made it pretty damn clear that this is Armoured Core game and so its gonna play like one.

Didn’t blame From software once yes you are correct can the From defense team please stand down. From fans are worse than Kojima ones. Get rock hard the second they sniff anything that could even resemble criticism. Deep breaths, they’re gonna be okay.

Bry0

Gene is a Fromsoft fanboy, I don't take his opinions on these games seriously.

This seems tedious to me, I should be able to play whatever build i find fun:

Part of the loop of the game is adjusting the parts to overcome the challenges in a given mission. Been that way since the 90s. Otherwise what’s the point of offering a bunch of parts of the game never puts you in a position to experiment with them?

tmlDan

Part of the loop of the game is adjusting the parts to overcome the challenges in a given mission. Been that way since the 90s. Otherwise what’s the point of offering a bunch of parts of the game never puts you in a position to experiment with them?
Thats like saying you are forced to use a weapon in Elden Ring, if i have to use a certain subset of weaponry to beat a boss thats just not fun - you can disagree all you like but acting like saying "in the 90's" means anything at all is silly.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Thats like saying you are forced to use a weapon in Elden Ring, if i have to use a certain subset of weaponry to beat a boss thats just not fun - you can disagree all you like but acting like saying "in the 90's" means anything at all is silly.
Armored Core is not Elden Ring or any other Souls game, it mecha game, you build and customize your mech in order overcome the challenges, that basically what AC is all about.

Bry0

It means that’s what fans of the franchise expect. They are sticking with what fans like about the franchise for decades. You don’t HAVE to switch up your build, but if you want to bash your head against a wall using tank treads and snipers against a really fast aggressive close range AC you can. You’re just making it harder on yourself.

Last edited:

tmlDan

It means that’s what fans of the franchise expect. They are sticking with what fans like about the franchise for decades. You don’t HAVE to switch up your build, but if you want to bash your head against a wall using tank treads and snipers against a really fast aggressive close range AC you can. You’re just making it harder on yourself.
Armored Core is not Elden Ring or any other Souls game, it mecha game, you build and customize your mech in order overcome the challenges, that basically what AC is all about.
That's cool guys, I said its not fun you don't have to explain something I already know.

Increasing difficulty curves after I prefer melee in AC and the game destroys me just seems like bad game design to me.

Bry0

That's cool guys, I said its not fun you don't have to explain something I already know.

Increasing difficulty curves after I prefer melee in AC and the game destroys me just seems like bad game design to me.
I think it’s fun. You should try playing an AC and take it for what it is. You might end up realizing it works well for how the game is designed. If not then that’s ok too.

Last edited:
Ok FromSoft.... I'm REALLY glad that AC is back in action. I remember vividly playing the first one on a PS1 Demo Disc I had at the time and really became interested, even if passively, in the genre. Even more so when they previewed AC2 for the PS2. I was blown away by those tiny little screenshots in my PSM magazine.

Not surprised in the slightest this is doing well and I hope it brings more people to the genre(s). I don't have the cash to pick this up now, but I will in the future. FromSoft has aged like a fine wine and I have been so happy to have been along for the ride.

That said......FromSoft....It's time to revive an ol' forgotten relic......

Cookiecreamps2.PNG

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Why not give it a shot with an open-mind though? If you still don't like it, then you don't.

It's like those ugly weenies who can't judge Sekiro on its own merits because it wasn't Souls or BB.

Aion002

It's not a bad design if the game main focus is about adapting, changing your play style and customizing your "robot" accordingly to the challenges.

The melee combat is just one of the many tools that the player has on the AC series, playing only melee is counterintuitive to say the least.

It's like playing pokemon using only fire pokemons and then complain about the game design during fights against water pokemons.

Last edited:
Any mention of how difficulty works in this? sounds like it doesn't have a difficulty setting at all, I'm hoping it's not some level scaling bullshit and I can just grind past any difficulty bumps.

Last edited:

Bry0

Any mention of how difficulty works in this? sounds like it doesn't have a difficulty setting at all, I'm hoping it's not some level scaling bullshit and I can just grind past any difficulty bumps.
It’s not an rpg. No level scaling because there is no leveling. You can buy better mech parts as you get more money though but they all tend to have trade offs. No difficulty levels either.

Your best bet with difficulty bumps is seeing if someone has a cheesy build to share to beat a certain boss. That’s gotten me through some tough fights like the final sp boss in ac5 verdict day.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Xbox version is trash apparently. Poor chaps can't catch a break
I think you’re confused. The Xbox version reviewing lower doesn’t mean the Xbox version is worse. Each console has its own exclusive reviewers. It seems like some of the exclusive xbox reviewers like it less is all.

Last edited:

Bry0

I played zone of enders back in the day. Can I go in expecting something like that. Game is preordered but I think i might be supried one way or another.
it’s not really like ZOE either, though I’d say it’s a little closer to that then souls.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I played zone of enders back in the day. Can I go in expecting something like that. Game is preordered but I think i might be supried one way or another.
Expect much more customization of your mech, unlike Souls series don't expect sticking one build and try beat entire game with it, you expected to adapt and build mech to overcome challenge for each mission.

Lupin25

Looks like it’s right where I predicted it to be. (88) At least on console.

Not sure what’s going on with the S/X version.

Fabieter

Expect much more customization of your mech, unlike Souls series don't expect sticking one build and try beat entire game with it, you expected to adapt and build mech to overcome challenge for each mission.

So you can't look for something that works super well for you. Sounds kinda 👌 thanks.

Top Bottom