• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMORED CORE VI: FIRES OF RUBICON |OT| Souls in the Shell

MagnesD3

Ive played through twice, before and after the nerf. And never used assault armor. The game isnt that tough to begin with, its not Sekiro. Making a point out of changes to one encounter sounds like gatekeeping the experience from other people. Ive usually found some way to make most boss encounters pretty easy, but thats from starting with something that doesnt work and spending some time in the garage finding the right build.

Toughest encounters for me have been getting some of the battle logs, and a mission like intercepting the redguns, and learning how to deal with those annoying HC models.

The way its tuned now most people should be able to get through the main story, and thats a good thing.
Good for you, it was very noticeable in ng plus and plus plus how toned down the ai was to me, also how is suggesting an easy mode option gatekeeping lol. I just want a great game not to lose any quality just because people are crybabies, theres legitimate criticism and then there just not trying hard enough.

Last edited:

SCB3

And done, well at least the first credits roll, I believe there is 2 NG+ to do but I'm gonna save them for a bit later, I went with Carla this time around and the end boss was epic though easy, beat it in 3 attempts but almost did it first time if not for a luck shot from it

Still, I'm glad I persevered and beat it, its a good game all told with just awesome Combat, a treat to come back to again someday

I'm very bad at this game but I utterly adore it, and I hope that sequels or DLC aren't far off.

Teen Jack adored the AC series, and I made sure to buy every one from the first onwards.
Turned out there'd been way more sequels than I had known of growing up, so emulating them in my rare spare time.

I do wish 6's multiplayer was more like V's, with the factions and being able to play as a commander.

Sentenza

Bumping the thread just to say I've been finally playing this.
Despise having bought this at launch I ended up putting it away for a while because I was busy with BG3 and a bunch of other stuff. And then I kinda forgot about it for few months.

Anyway, I'm FUCKING LOVING it. The combat has a phenomenal feeling once you start to get the hang of it and while not technically impressive the game once again impresses with strikingly nice aesthetic and art direction, as it's FROM SOFT tradition at this point.

Last edited:
Despise having bought this at launch I ended up putting it away for a while because I was busy with BG3 and a bunch of other stuff.

Anyway, I'm FUCKING LOVING it. The combat has a phenomenal feeling once you start to get the hang of it and while not technically impressive the game once again impresses with strikingly nice aesthetic and art direction, as it's FROM SOFT tradition at this point.
Have fun! Play the game at least three times to get all the endings and available missions. Especially the 'secret' ending hits hard and is epic.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Despise having bought this at launch I ended up putting it away for a while because I was busy with BG3 and a bunch of other stuff. And then I kinda forgot about it for a while...

That game was my GOTY for a good reason.....This super fun and addictive.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Despise having bought this at launch I ended up putting it away for a while because I was busy with BG3 and a bunch of other stuff. And then I kinda forgot about it for few months.
Yeah, stopped playin' after beating Balteus cuz of BG3 and forgot about the game as well. I need to get back to finish it at some point:messenger_relieved:

Sentenza

Honestly it was super fun to do.
I'm having fun getting some S rank here and there but I'm not sure if I'll be ever able to do it consistently across some of the toughest missions I've seen so far.

That aside, I've read vague references to "multiple endings" and secret ones and I'm wondering how that's supposed to work. Will we get to the point where you get to accept mutually exclusive missions or something?
Right now I'm at a point (I think early chapter four or something?) where I'm getting three missions required from three different sources but I'm not reading any note in their description about these being mutually exclusive or having long terms consequences of some kind.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Play the game at least three times to get all the endings and available missions. Especially the 'secret' ending hits hard and is epic.
Guess I have to go back to it and do this lol, beated the game once and moved on. :goog_relieved:

Have they rebalanced the game since release in any way? I found the mech customization very fun, but in the end it seemed like shotgunning stuff was the way to go for 90% of situations.

Loved the game btw. It impressed me how the game managed to have such cool characters without showing them once, just a bunch of avatars floating in the UI that still manage to have more charisma than even the main cast of many other games.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I'm having fun getting some S rank here and there but I'm not sure if I'll be ever able to do it consistently across some of the toughest missions I've seen so far.

That aside, I've read vague references to "multiple endings" and secret ones and I'm wondering how that's supposed to work. Will we get to the point where you get to accept mutually exclusive missions or something?
Right now I'm at a point (I think early chapter four or something?) where I'm getting three missions required from three different sources but I'm not reading any note in their description about these being mutually exclusive or having long terms consequences of some kind.

When you are able to choose between missions you are basically guiding the game towards one of its endings, and yes that means leaving one mission for the other. On top you can sometimes make decisions while inside a mission that further effect this. It's meant to be played multiple times and will feature missions that are not playable on your first playthrough.

S-Rank might seem unobtainable at first but by the time you reach the endgame with a better understanding of AC6 and its systems, as well as having unlocked a more diverse roster of weapons and parts to choose from, it becomes doable. Not easy of course but you'll be surprised how much your skills advance beyond just stronger weapons.

Last edited:

Sentenza

As a side note, while I'm way past that fight at this point, every time I re-attempt it serves to remind me I fucking HATE the "cleaner" boss fight.
It's not even that it's hard (and it's not easy, for sure), what I hate is that everything in that encounter seem to be designed to make you miserable. The one hit one kill moves, the amount of useless shit in the scenario that makes you occasionally hard to move freely the way the camera works making you exceedingly hard to target the "weak points" and so on.
EDIT: Did I mention the FUCKING LAVA all over the place melting your health bar like a direct hit from Godzilla?

Last edited:

Sentenza

When you are able to choose between missions you are basically guiding the game towards one of its endings, and yes that means leaving one mission for the other. On top you can sometimes make decisions while inside a mission that further effect this. It's meant to be played multiple times and will feature missions that are not playable on your first playthrough.

S-Rank might seem unobtainable at first but by the time you reach the endgame with a better understanding of AC6 and its systems, as well as having unlocked a more diverse roster of weapons and parts to choose from, it becomes doable. Not easy of course but you'll be surprised how much your skills advance beyond just stronger weapons.
Let me get this straight... EVERY time you are offered more than a mission it's actually a mutually exclusive choice?
I thought that unless asked otherwise it was just a matter of "Which one you want to do first?" at least in the early game.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
As a side note, while I'm way past that fight at this point, every time I re-attempt it serves to remind me I fucking HATE the "cleaner" boss fight.
It's not even that it's hard (and it's not easy, for sure), what I hate is that everything in that encounter seem to be designed to make you miserable. The one hit one kill moves, the amount of useless shit in the scenario that makes you occasionally hard to move freely the way the camera works making you exceedingly hard to target the "weak points" and so on.
EDIT: Did I mention the FUCKING LAVA all over the place melting your health bar like a direct hit from Godzilla?
With cleaner I would recommend building a light weight AC to have better mobility and able to get on the top to shoot the exhaust and once it staggered go for melee attack on its mouth.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Let me get this straight... EVERY time you are offered more than a mission it's actually a mutually exclusive choice?
I thought that unless asked otherwise it was just a matter of "Which one you want to do first?" at least in the early game.

No, you make a decision for a single mission before you start it and you don't choose a mission over the other, i might have worded that badly before. You basically side with a faction and choose a different goal for the mission. When there are multiple individual missions to do for you, it is like you stated, a matter of what you like to do first.

First choice should appear in chapter 3 on your first playthrough.

Last edited:

Sentenza

With cleaner I would recommend building a light weight AC to have better mobility and able to get on the top to shoot the exhaust and once it staggered go for melee attack on its mouth.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I've beaten the fucker a bunch of times already. Even got few A ratings in the process (and still failing to get that S).
I just don't like the encounter. Everything in his moveset PLUS the scenery it takes place into seem to work AGAINST making the encounter fun.
And I lost count of the amount of times I got hit (maybe even just that ONE time in the encounter that was enough to lose the S rating) only because as I tried to get out of the way some fucking container was there or the camera sperged out at the wrong time.

P.S. Also, for what is worth, all my successful attempts have been made just blasting everything and the kitchen sink into his "mouth", I can't make the "chimney" approach work effectively to save my life.

Last edited:

Orbital2060

Vertical homing missiles make the cleaner encounter a lot easier. Because they home in from above, and into the chimney. So you can focus on keeping a safe distance while firing off the missiles at every cooldown. Later on you get some legs and chips that facilitate vertical movement a lot better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom