• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMORED CORE VI: FIRES OF RUBICON |OT| Souls in the Shell

Orbital2060

67e7b091-907c-4a4c-b8h2cp6.png

b96aa472-2598-4bae-a92week.png

6f335813-9504-4db3-b6p9d5s.png

73ff1a1c-c46b-4697-9ay5e6u.png

2a14b5cf-84a6-485a-b2vdfzg.png

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I don't know what's crazier, the fact that FROM put this in the game or that somebody went 2 full playthroughs with zero upgrades and then discovered it lol. Then again, if they are on PC they could just cheat their way through it but anyway, very cool stuff 👍
99% of people might never EVER see this and FROM still put effort to included.......This why I fucking LOVE FROM....I fucking love them!

Last edited:

Danjin44

one of the hardest missions in the game imo. This is where dual flamethrowers really shine due to slow ammo consumption
S ranking that mission was even harder....my god. I never honestly used flamethrowers because I much gravitate towards light build.

I used this build to S rank that mission. I just replaced my Bullet Orbit with Laser Rifle.
DbcjnH1.jpg

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
S ranking that missing was even harder....my god. I never honestly used flamethrowers because I much gravitate towards light build.

I used this build to S rank that mission. I just replaced my Bullet Orbit with Laser Rifle.
DbcjnH1.jpg
I tried many other options but I was simply running out of ammo by then end of the mission. Dual flamethrower is really OP for crowd control

Danjin44

I tried many other options but I was simply running out of ammo by then end of the mission. Dual flamethrower is really OP for crowd control
I use combination melee and long range weapons so I wouldn't run out of bullets too soon, but Dual flamethrower is good choice as well but I just couldn't use it with my light build.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
I use combination melee and long range weapons so I wouldn't run out of bullets too soon, but Dual flamethrower is good choice as well but I just couldn't use it with my light build.
I have 9 different builds saved, from full melee ultralight to giga tank and everything in between. I think that's the biggest strength of the game, replayability with insane variety of setups.

I love one of my light weights most as well but for some missions it just doesn't feel optimal.
Defending the strider broke my balls for 3 hours till completely changed the approach and S ranked first try just back pedalling with with needle / flamethrower combo.

Best action game of the year by a landslide.

mortal

Gold Member
The only issue with it is the one save file. This is happening more and more with modern games. Tres annoying.
Is it really an issue for AC6 though? The game isn't particularly long, which becomes even more apparent once on NG+ or NG++. By that point, you're likely a much better while also retaining all of the acquired parts.
Not to mention all the completed missions are replayable at any point. So having multiple saves wouldn't prove much benefit, at least imo.

Danjin44

Is it really an issue for AC6 though? The game isn't particularly long, which becomes even more apparent once on NG+ or NG++. By that point, you're likely a much better while also retaining all of the acquired parts.
Not to mention all the completed missions are replayable at any point. So having multiple saves wouldn't prove much benefit, at least imo.
Yeah you never really need start new game, you even can replay very beginning mission when you collect licenses complete with cutscenes.

Edit: I'm soooooo glad FROM sticked with mission structure, it the best choice for AC games.

Last edited:

Orbital2060

one of the hardest missions in the game imo. This is where dual flamethrowers really shine due to slow ammo consumption
I tried a bunch of stuff, but ended up with: laser handgun + flame thrower, two vertical plasma missilie launchers, balanced AC, FC-008 Talbot FCS, and a VP20C generator. P06SPD booster.

The laser handgun packs a ton of ammo. Works great for taking out the flying mech types. Gotta be quick taking out the waves, or get swamped.

But I was glad I passed it, got stuck for a while. A big relief, until … I met Melania. Oops, I meant IBIS.

Gojiira

Still bugs the fuck out of me how people like Vaati STILL push the narrative that AC6 gameplay is only good because of Soulsborne influence and not that its just a polished iteration of gameplay that was already good.
Like the stagger mechanic is not from Sekiro, it was in previous AC games long before Sekiro, and boost dashing is not a new feature etc etc. Just pisses me off how they tried to gatekeep the franchise they had zero interest in previously.

Danjin44

Still bugs the fuck out of me how people like Vaati STILL push the narrative that AC6 gameplay is only good because of Soulsborne influence and not that its just a polished iteration of gameplay that was already good.
Like the stagger mechanic is not from Sekiro, it was in previous AC games long before Sekiro, and boost dashing is not a new feature etc etc. Just pisses me off how they tried to gatekeep the franchise they had zero interest in previously.
Honestly who cares what other people think? They can think what they want to think and truthfully the only thing “gatekeeping” is people themselves because apparently people are allergic to mechs….I can never understand why mechs are unpopular.……MECHS ARE SEXY! Yes I said it!

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
Honestly who cares what other people think? They can think what they want to think and truthfully the only thing “gatekeeping” is people themselves because apparently people are allergic to mechs….I can never understand why mechs are unpopular.……MECHS ARE SEXY! Yes I said it!
Real odd when we all probably grew up with either transformers or power rangers.

Gojiira

You’re not wrong but still fuck them and especially Vaati.
And yes Mechs are sexy, especially Orbital Frames. Ken Marinaris is still my fave waifu, wish we would gave gotten that Fox Engine Zone of the Enders 3 that Kojima showed off 😩

Danjin44

You’re not wrong but still fuck them and especially Vaati.
And yes Mechs are sexy, especially Orbital Frames. Ken Marinaris is still my fave waifu, wish we would gave gotten that Fox Engine Zone of the Enders 3 that Kojima showed off 😩
I got my Armored Core and its selling well....Fantastic! Thats all that matters to me in the end.

I like doing clean runs through games. Maybe not rational but it’s a personal preference/habit.

Vaati is super annoying. Best to just ignore him.

Gojiira

Vaati is super annoying. Best to just ignore him.
I dont dislike him for his actual Souls content, even if he makes money off of a communities discoveries and theories but still.
I just hate how he was TELLING everyone that AC6 is Sekiro inspired, that its due to Souls etc etc when its literally just a polished AC game with mechanics predating Souls..

Buggy Loop

Just got to chapter 3. I like it more and more as i play. Arena C rank whooped my ass, probably telling me the build i have is starting to show cracks, or just that I need something different for it.

Why is From so good?

Orbital2060

Just got to chapter 3. I like it more and more as i play. Arena C rank whooped my ass, probably telling me the build i have is starting to show cracks, or just that I need something different for it.

Why is From so good?
I doubt youre going to clear the game with one build. Chapter 3, thats around where you get into some missions where certain builds make everything a lot easier.

Orbital2060

Cleared the game, for the Fires of Raven ending. The last chapter wrapping things up was spectacular. And pretty tough. But there are ways to make combat easier, if you picked up some gear and searched for battle logs.

The game reminds me of Metal Gear, in voiceovers, and the use of words like hounds for the mercenaries. Handler Walter has the same growl at the end of sentences like David Hayter does. And the overall aesthetic.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Just started this yesterday and a much needed palate cleanser after that horrible experience I’m having with Spider Man 2. Also my 2nd AC… since playing the first one on launch… how long ago was that lol.

Well I finally finished the game. Got all 3 endings, collected all combat logs. I'm still not done with it though, I still want to play it, so I'll probably spend another month trying to get S ranks and trying different builds. This is my game of the year hands down, yes even over Tears of the Kingdom.

The NG+ stuff was so good, adding in the alternate missions and other surprises. Haven't felt this kind challenge in a game since Sekiro. So satisfying when you start to really nail down the attack patterns and management of your own speed, weapons, ammo, cooldowns, etc. It's such a tight, well crafted game. I came across exactly one bug in all my playthroughs where a mech got stuck in the geometry of a building.

Brilliant game, FromSoft has been the savior of modern gaming for someone like me in their 40s that found my thrills in games by having to focus on mastering their systems. Overcoming the challenge is all the reward I need but they also make worlds that are giant, full of mystery and atmosphere (art, music, etc.).

Danjin44

Well I finally finished the game. Got all 3 endings, collected all combat logs. I'm still not done with it though, I still want to play it, so I'll probably spend another month trying to get S ranks and trying different builds. This is my game of the year hands down, yes even over Tears of the Kingdom.

The NG+ stuff was so good, adding in the alternate missions and other surprises. Haven't felt this kind challenge in a game since Sekiro. So satisfying when you start to really nail down the attack patterns and management of your own speed, weapons, ammo, cooldowns, etc. It's such a tight, well crafted game. I came across exactly one bug in all my playthroughs where a mech got stuck in the geometry of a building.

Brilliant game, FromSoft has been the savior of modern gaming for someone like me in their 40s that found my thrills in games by having to focus on mastering their systems. Overcoming the challenge is all the reward I need but they also make worlds that are giant, full of mystery and atmosphere (art, music, etc.).
my-man.gif

Orbital2060

Ive just started ng plus, but whats up with the decision in the attack on the dam mission? I turned them down, because I wanted to save it for the third playthrough and the third ending. But how does it change the missions in ng+?

Danjin44

Ive just started ng plus, but whats up with the decision in the attack on the dam mission? I turned them down, because I wanted to save it for the third playthrough and the third ending. But how does it change the missions in ng+?
You shouldn’t have turn it down, some new missions unlock if you accepted that offer.

EDMIX

Definitely do multiple playthroughs

God damn Dan! lol I'm already doing many for BG3 and Starfield, I'm all "many playthroughs" tapped out lol

I'll look for this during the Black Friday Sale and will play after fall semester is over in December

Last edited:

MagnesD3

God damn Dan! lol I'm already doing many for BG3 and Starfield, I'm all "many playthroughs" tapped out lol

I'll look for this during the Black Friday Sale and will play after fall semester is over in December
The 2nd and 3rd playthroughs are way shorter in comparison if it helps

Top Bottom