• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

GulAtiCa

Katie Cassidy just tweeted this Photo:

Back at it! #arrow
DEI1CQkXUAA0enJ.jpg:large

Love all these Arrowverse photos we are getting lately. Makes me excited for the new seasons. So far away though

ZeroX03

Banned
Katrina Law has a new show so we won't see a lot of her.

It's a ten episode season so she can probably do the premiere and some later episodes. Training Day was 13 episodes last season and she still managed. Loyal to the Arrow family.

J_Viper

I'm really trying to power through the first couple episodes of S5 for Dolph and Manu, but I can't do it.

Oliver and his team are insufferable.

If someone tells me his entire team dies in episode five or something, I'll give this another chance.

ZeroX03

Banned
Great news via TVLine
Outside of the likely-to-return Team Arrow members, at least one other potential victim will be seen again. “I can report that Manu Bennett is back to being a part of the show,” Amell shared (as seen in this fan video), “and I think we will see him multiple times this year, which is awesome.”

Other news:
Amell also teased that “we have somebody returning to the show this year that we have not seen since Season 1.” (The actor dropped a similar hint a year ago, and it turned out to be Bratva member Anatoly.)

On the non-casting front, Amell revealed, “Oliver has an apartment this year,” and that though the hero’s five-year odyssey has been fully chronicled, flashbacks still will play a role on the series, in part to flesh out supporting characters’ backstories. “They are a part of the show’s DNA,” he said. “I would expect to see them on a relatively regular basis.”

At one point, Amell was asked to share “two truths and one lie” about the Season 6 opener, which airs Oct. 12 and is titled “Fallout,” and after some thought he came back with, in no particular order: “Oliver and Slade have a scene in the present day; Diggle… deploys his gun and it doesn’t work; and Thea is in a present-day scene where we speak to one another.”

McKenna confirmed!

Also Arrow has started filming, but Amell actually got a few days off at the start because of Code 8 and Con stuff. Unfortunately Katrina Law's new show filming directly conflicts with the first half of Arrow filming so expect Nyssa to just disappear for a while. She made it to HVFF though, so who knows.

First time I've ever rewatched a season of a CW show, and god damn was it good.

It really does feel like they peaked with Chase. The performance and writing was so entertaining. I suppose he had to die to cap the season off well, his exit was great. But I can't help but feel they gave us Arrow's joker. I really hope the next season keeps up the quality of this one. But I also doubt that they can give us another villain as good as Prometheus da gawd.

First time I've ever rewatched a season of a CW show, and god damn was it good.

It really does feel like they peaked with Chase. The performance and writing was so entertaining. I suppose he had to die to cap the season off well, his exit was great. But I can't help but feel they gave us Arrow's joker. I really hope the next season keeps up the quality of this one. But I also doubt that they can give us another villain as good as Prometheus da gawd.

I just can't imagine anything topping it. They actually delivered on Prometheus and his whole cause being the culmination of the five years. Hard to top something like that.

But even the non-Prometheus villains in Season 5 were pretty good. Tobias Church, Konstantin Kovar, and even Vigilante.

Great news via TVLine

Other news:

McKenna confirmed!

Also Arrow has started filming, but Amell actually got a few days off at the start because of Code 8 and Con stuff. Unfortunately Katrina Law's new show filming directly conflicts with the first half of Arrow filming so expect Nyssa to just disappear for a while. She made it to HVFF though, so who knows.

Lol McKenna dropped off the face of the earth after season 1. I could see them bringing her back.

ZeroX03

Banned
Looking through the cast list, as far as I can tell only McKenna really fits the bill for a S1-only character returning. Either that or Carly. Amell also could have made a small mistake and forgotten an S2 appearance, because there's a few characters who were primarily in S1 but had a few S2 episodes (Huntress, Walter, Laurel's lawyer friend).

I don't expect S6 to top S5, that'd be an extremely tall order. There is a lot of good momentum built up though, you've got a bunch of villains like Black Siren, Vigilante, Artemis, Talia and Helix wandering around. A sane Slade is great because Deathstroke can play many different angles and work as an ally or enemy. I wonder if Deathstroke is out of The Batman as of Reeves' rewrite, would explain why he's free to be a regular presence again.

Looking through the cast list, as far as I can tell only McKenna really fits the bill for a S1-only character returning. Either that or Carly. Amell also could have made a small mistake and forgotten an S2 appearance, because there's a few characters who were primarily in S1 but had a few S2 episodes (Huntress, Walter, Laurel's lawyer friend).

It's either Carly, McKenna, or Raisa.

Baki

HOLY SHIT.

What a fucking season.

Holy SHIT.

That was better than season 2.

Holy fucking shit.

How did they do it. HOW? HOW?

ZeroX03

Banned
Have some spoilers via TVLine.

Question: I am excited to have Katie Cassidy back on Arrow as Black Siren. I hope she stays a villain, because it’s cool to have a regular female villain. What can we expect for her? —Diana
Ausiello: You can expect much of the aforementioned villainy, sprinkled with the occasional wish for a turn-around, at least by those who knew her Earth-One doppelgänger. “I don’t know if there’s any question about whether or not the [idea] of redemption will come up; it has to,” co-showrunner Wendy Mericle told TVLine. “Her father is there. Oliver is there. Everyone is going to be asking whether or not it’s possible to find a little piece of Laurel, the Laurel Lance they knew and loved, in there somewhere.” That said, “I think she’s interesting as a [villain],” Mericle asserted. “Black Siren is a badass.” BONUS SCOOP: Even with Adrian Chase dead, Oliver’s battle to conceal his secret identity is far from over. Rumor has it he will be dogged by a curious FBI agent this season.

Personally I'm really over the secret identity stuff, I wanted him to end last season going public. Flash too.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
So Chesthair is in Star Wars Battlefront 2, I wonder how long it takes for him to lose a daughter.

"You think you're the only one suffering?! My little girl was on the Death Star when those bastards rebels blew it up."

Top Bottom