• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 3 |OT| Welcome to the New Age

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildfire

Banned
I was honestly wondering if Flash resulted in Arrow writers being pulled off the show. If that's not the case then it's even worse. At least in that scenario there is an excuse one can point to.

The writers and executive producers didn't change that much.

Though when it comes to the directors, action choreographers and day to day operations producers staff changed significantly enough from season 1+2 to season 3.

The Flash partially benefited in terms of writers and action choreography because of some of the people who transferred over.

They are being stretched thin to an extent and a 3rd project might not do Arrow any favors if they retain the newly hired and the newly promoted people from season 3 in their jobs for season 4.

Cops will gun him down then

When will people learn Diggle's power was needing to wear a mask.

Joni

If you are worried about a third project, wouldn't it be more logical to worry about Supergirl than Legends of Tomorrow?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Well Colton outside of some guest appearances every once in a blue moon isn't on the show anymore so it shouldn't really play any kind of a factor. Where has it been said they're dating?

is that still the same rumour because they are so close, or has there been a more real announcement? It has to be a bit more concrete to offset the older rumour of him being gay.
I follow both of them on my Instagram and they're both over in Greece on a vacation together. Some of the pics have them being very close together in a way that I thought they were dating. I may be wrong, but my immediate reaction was that those aren't pics of two people that are just "friends" vacationing together.

Then I googled it just in case and found this article

http://en.yibada.com/articles/33935...ickards-colton-haynes-spark-dating-rumors.htm

ReiGun

Can CW handle GL though? I mean..Flash proved they could do CG heavy show, but GL is on whole different level. In couple years the tech will probably advance enough to allow it, but for now? Maybe on CBS,but I just don't see it on CW.

A full show? Hell no. Minimal appearances on Arrow/Flash/LoT? That, they could do.

Dysun

I never thought they could do The Flash justice, and they did. An earth centric GL could work if he balances a daily life with super hero theatrics and more grounded enemies. This is all a bit contrary to the mythos, but it could be done

Joni

I follow both of them on my Instagram and they're both over in Greece on a vacation together. Some of the pics have them being very close together in a way that I thought they were dating. I may be wrong, but my immediate reaction was that those aren't pics of two people that are just "friends" vacationing together.
Yeah, they're obviously close but he is also there with Steve Machuca who is openly gay, posing in similar close pictures. So I don't know, they'd have to confirm or get pictures out there where they're kissing.

Just wanted to fix that, to remind everyone who Diggle will be.
Manhattan%20Guardian%202.jpg

Green Lantern right?

I know, in our heart of hearts, we'd all love for Diggle to be John Stewart or J'onn J'onzz.

But Guardian is his actual destiny. It's actually perfect.

And that's the sad part. I've never found Guardian to be particularly interesting, and the fact that they tried to make him a main character in Young Justice will never cease to amaze me.

With Lyla no longer working for ARGUS, the Diggle household needs some income. John joins the SCPD, and is assigned Roy's until now unheard of Uncle, Jim Harper, as a partner.

Jim moonlights as the Guardian, chasing down leads he can't follow officially as a cop. We eventually learn that he is a clone made from Roy's DNA for HIVE to get info on Team Arrow, leading Jim to sacrifice himself for the team and passing the shield and gold helmet on to Diggle by mid November.

Or drop the clone bit and just have him chasing down HIVE due to them going after troubled kids on the street. Basically, either pick the original guardian of the Newsboy Legion or the clone Harper.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
With Arrow moving to the DCTV Thread, and I assume The Flash when the time come, that means I can post my DCTV Universe fics that contains material from both shows! Let the Joe West/John Diggle ships begin!

svkobG0.gif

With Arrow moving to the DCTV Thread, and I assume The Flash when the time come, that means I can post my DCTV Universe fics that contains material from both shows! Let the Joe West/John Diggle ships begin!

svkobG0.gif

I'm almost frightened to see what you do with Superhero Fight Club. Scratch that. I'm very frightened to see what you do with Superhero Fight Club.

Chariot

svkobG0.gif
That's not how I imagined the first big crossover of all dc shows.

edit: Oh, you still just take Flash and Arrow? Phew.

Tugatrix

svkobG0.gif

Now people will know the wonders of Woozly fanfiction

1409453963_1386917171_cnfq8x_7l36nqo.gif

Chariot

The gif is wrong, Laurel has been the best character of this season.
Yes. She actually go character development and while she still is behind in the hero department, she is one of the few people whose brain works properly in that show and I am sure we get to see her grow in the hero department in the next season.

Wiktor

You people are crazy. I liked Laurel in this season, but the best side character award clearly belongs to Roy. Dude improved like hell, become badass vigilante and when in doubt actually spilled the beans about suspecting he was the murder very quickly (while Laurel's arc was dampened by the idiotic "let's pretend Sara is alive). What's more...dude got the girl, saved his mentor's bacon and then moved on like a boss, where he grew up a chest hair!

Roy owned this season.

ZeroX03

Banned
You people are crazy. I liked Laurel in this season, but the best side character award clearly belongs to Roy. Dude improved like hell, become badass vigilante and when in doubt actually spilled the beans about suspecting he was the murder very quickly (while Laurel's arc was dampened by the idiotic "let's pretend Sara is alive). What's more...dude got the girl, saved his mentor's bacon and then moved on like a boss, where he grew up a chest hair!

Roy owned this season.

tumblr_nd5cr2M7m51sjxzs0o1_400.gif

7PKfMIp.gif

zdmyyVH.gif

This season alone!

Dysun

Laurel and Thea were much improved over last season, although their turn into bad ass vigilantes stretched my suspension of disbelief

Joni

I find those complaints strange, Thea trained non-stop with Malcolm while Laurel had Nyssa. Both are clearly steps above normal League members and both of them still mess up regularly. If you then look at SHIELD where Skye becomes godlike and better than her trainer in shorter time. TVLine had the same question.

That dialogue between Laurel and her dad where she warned about the coming bioattack was ridiculous.

"Dad, a bioweapon is coming!"
"yes yes, Oliver told you that right?"
"Stop hiding the bottle in your desk!!11!"

I find those complaints strange, Thea trained non-stop with Malcolm while Laurel had Nyssa. Both are clearly steps above normal League members and both of them still mess up regularly. If you then look at SHIELD where Skye becomes godlike and better than her trainer in shorter time. TVLine had the same question.

Terrible example and incorrect at the same time. Skye doesn't become better than either of her trainers and it's not a shorter amount of time that passes. There's also the giant asterisk due to her gaining legitimate powers.

TV shows are going to skip training sequences for the most part. Ollie gets more on screen training that pretty much any hero in any show ever and even that is mostly workout shots and very light sparring. Complaints about "not enough time" are pretty silly.

Joni

Terrible example and incorrect at the same time. Skye doesn't become better than either of her trainers and it's not a shorter amount of time that passes. There's also the giant asterisk due to her gaining legitimate powers.

TV shows are going to skip training sequences for the most part. Ollie gets more on screen training that pretty much any hero in any show ever and even that is mostly workout shots and very light sparring. Complaints about "not enough time" are pretty silly.

Skye
has her powers locked for a portion of the fights, still kicks multiple people with active powers during that time.
As for time, Skye begins training somewhere last year. Laurel had fight training from before the show started.

abundant

I would have said they couldn't do a Flash show with a (Flash season spoilers)
giant psychic gorilla and a giant black hole
but hey, they did it.

The problem with a full on GL show is that, to do it justice, it'd be crazy expensive (for the CW) even more so than The Flash.

Dysun

Skye
has her powers locked for a portion of the fights, still kicks multiple people with active powers during that time.
As for time, Skye begins training somewhere last year. Laurel had fight training from before the show started.

Skye is training with SHIELD for a year and Laurel took self defense classes or some such nonsense. It's not really comparable. Skye's turn from hacker to badass John Wick isn't believable either, but at least its not as jarring as Thea slapping water and turning into an expert archer by training with Malcolm for a summer

It was pretty ridiculous how after a few months of boxing lessons and a few weeks with Nyssa she was able to take on multiple League of Assassins soldiers at once.

-Self-defense training
-Months of boxing training
-Real combat experience
-About a month of training with Nyssa

I'd say it eventually all stacks up. Plus, she's had to get bailed out shit tons of times. Eventually their has to be a payoff to her combat, and if we didn't see it this season, the complaints would still ring true.

People hate Laurel and don't want the character redeemed.

Chariot

-Self-defense training
-Months of boxing training
-Real combat experience
-About a month of training with Nyssa

I'd say it eventually all stacks up. Plus, she's had to get bailed out shit tons of times. Eventually their has to be a payoff to her combat, and if we didn't see it this season, the complaints would still ring true.

People hate Laurel and don't want the character redeemed.
Yes, but the LoA warriors are supposed elite warriors who trained their whole life. They're obviously just some peasants who got money to get trashed, but they're supposed to be well trained.

jackdoe

Yes, but the LoA warriors are supposed elite warriors who trained their whole life. They're obviously just some peasants who got money to get trashed, but they're supposed to be well trained.
They're cannon fodder and you're supposed to roll with it. Otherwise, how would a movie about an untrained farmboy taking out numerous highly trained soldiers with highly sophisticated equipment in his first combat encounter work?

Wiktor

It was pretty ridiculous how after a few months of boxing lessons and a few weeks with Nyssa she was able to take on multiple League of Assassins soldiers at once.

It;s not really. They handled it very well. She can hold off couple assassins's for a while, but after that they always destroyed her. And it's not few lessons. She has been going out night by night. Those hours stack up.
Laurel's progress has been very believable and each time she gets big fight scene she's a tiny bit better than before .

Joni

Conservation of ninjutsu. One ninja is highly skilled, tens of them together are worthless. But basically: the ones with codenames that show their faces are the good ones, the others are worthless trainees.

It;s not really. They handled it very well. She can hold off couple assassins's for a while, but after that they always destroyed her. And it's not few lessons. She has been going out night by night. Those hours stack up.
Laurel's progress has been very believable and each time she gets big fight scene she's a tiny bit better than before .
Yeah, and it is strange because there is another character that seems way too good for these fights: Diggle.

Chariot

They're cannon fodder and you're supposed to roll with it. Otherwise, how would a movie about an untrained farmboy taking out numerous highly trained soldiers with highly sophisticated equipment in his first combat encounter work?
That's the suspension of disbelieve a viewer should roll with, yes. But we can go further than that and think about these things. I agree with the original poster that the progress of the Black Canary would allow her to take out super elite assassins that quickly. The LoA isn't terryfing at all because they're all jobbers.
Conservation of ninjutsu. One ninja is highly skilled, tens of them together are worthless.
Right! :D

Wiktor

That's the suspension of disbelieve a viewer should roll with, yes. But we can go further than that and think about these things. I agree with the original poster that the progress of the Black Canary would allow her to take out super elite assassins that quickly. The LoA isn't terryfing at all because they're all jobbers.Right! :D

I don't think she actually did take out anybody from the league. Time after time she gets bodied and somebody has to bail her out. She's just being able to hold out longer and longer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom