• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arts & Farts

Doing some Dragon Ball themed stuff because of ... reasons, but heres some of my first sketches
Hey man, how are ya!? Love me some DB art. (getting ready for Inktober?) These are looking great.

I saw your Frog in the KKG art book. Did you get to go to the signing event at Riot?
The book has a great compilation of work in it!

Servbot: Love the design. The layering in the helmet is trippy. Cool stuff!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Hey man, how are ya!? Love me some DB art. (getting ready for Inktober?) These are looking great.

I saw your Frog in the KKG art book. Did you get to go to the signing event at Riot?
The book has a great compilation of work in it!

Thanks bud! Doing all right, working on a boring game, but what can ya do.

Cant believe its already time for inktober again! Hopefully this year I'll finish. I'll pick a theme, maybe DARK SOULS?

I didnt get around to the signing, if I lived in LA I would have been there for sure (and Kevin was a friend of a friend, so I didnt have "that" connection, eventhough he sounded like an A+ guy)

Thanks bud! Doing all right, working on a boring game, but what can ya do.

Cant believe its already time for inktober again! Hopefully this year I'll finish. I'll pick a theme, maybe DARK SOULS?

I didnt get around to the signing, if I lived in LA I would have been there for sure (and Kevin was a friend of a friend, so I didnt have "that" connection, eventhough he sounded like an A+ guy)

I'm sure you'll have some cool projects coming your way soon!

Dark Souls does open itself up for a lot of possibilities. I should pick a theme as well, I had a hard time coming up with those last ones.

I did not know him either, but I found out about the book and entered a couple of pieces because he had great taste in games and, fuck cancer, right?

Servbot24

Banned
thanks much!

tumblr_nv69urhCiN1rom6duo1_1280.jpg

Go over it with what?

Paintbrush I think.

Whenever I've had to mask something I've always used the colour picker in combination with the brush to go over whatever I was erasing so it still looks like part of the image instead of a cutout.

There are probably ways to do this that would achieve better results. Just sharing what (little) I know.

I need to squeeze in some more "personal work" time. Most of the art I have been producing has been for the project I'm currently working on.

death_20xx_by_noe_leyva-d9aw738.png

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Servbot, try to work in more atmospheric perspective in that shot. Its nice but everything seems to be on the same plane (except for the tiny space on the top left, but even that could be pushed further)

Your silhouettes have done the job of presenting a foreground, middleground and background, but the values have not.

Servbot24

Banned
Hmm, it's supposed to be pretty much right in front of you (like a pile of trees that collapsed) but I may not have done a good job showing that

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Mik2121, I really like your environments! You should upload screencasts of how you paint them. :)

Mik2121

Any chance for a wallpaper-sized version? <_<
What resolution would you need? The original drawing is at 5000xsomething so it should be ok. However many parts of the drawing are quite rough as it wasn't meant to be seen at such high res :p

Mik2121, I really like your environments! You should upload screencasts of how you paint them. :)
I will probably record some timelapse of a drawing, but I'm still learning tricks and things so many of the videos would probably have me testing things around :/

Thats breathtaking.
Thanks!

DEATH™

Cross-Post to share some cool stuff happening! Participate!

October Art Challenge!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1119092

Inktober!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1119306

31 Days 31 Drawings

Every October, artists all over the world take on the InkTober drawing challenge by doing one ink drawing a day the entire month. I created InkTober in 2009 as a challenge to improve my inking skills and develop positive drawing habits. It has since grown into a worldwide endeavor with thousands of artists taking on the challenge every year.

Anyone can do InkTober, just pick up a pen and start drawing.

InkTober rules:

1) Make a drawing in ink (you can do a pencil under-drawing if you want).

2) Post it on your blog (or tumblr, instagram, twitter, facebook, flickr, Pinterest or just pin it on your wall.)

3) Hashtag it with #inktober

4) Repeat

Note: you can do it daily, or go the half-marathon route and post every other day, or just do the 5K and post once a week. What ever you decide, just be consistent with it. INKtober is about growing and improving and forming positive habits, so the more you’re consistent the better.

That's it! Now go make something beautiful.

z3phon

Just discovered this thread. Really awesome work in here!

Been working on this sculpt. Want to get the sculpt finished soon so I can start texturing.
fXTgb63.jpg

Raging Spaniard

I'll mostly be posting these in the inktober thread in OT, but here is the 1st one. Im going with a DARK SOULS theme this year, its gonna be rad

tumblr_nvluliv9tQ1qed0geo1_540.jpg

Paintbrush I think.

Whenever I've had to mask something I've always used the colour picker in combination with the brush to go over whatever I was erasing so it still looks like part of the image instead of a cutout.

There are probably ways to do this that would achieve better results. Just sharing what (little) I know.

Thanks. I was able to finally post these so they would look halfway decent.

These are amazing! I love the colors and the surrealism theme going on. What are you using? Watercolor pencils or watercolor paints and ink?
I primarily use watercolors (Windsor Newton to be exact) and ink with dick blick black cat ink. I'm trying to do digital but it looks too clean to me haha

Concept art for my latest comic: A Little Irony (about Me). Try and guess the plot.

It's about:
A lesbian trapped in a reverse harem hell who hooks up with a pansexual succubus. Nothing lewd happen well with the girls anyway

My life drawing teacher would be so disappointed that I learned nothing except how to draw guys in empowering yet screwed up anatomy poses

Cross post from inktober

Impossible for me to do something everyday given my real 8-5 job as well as current projects but participating nonetheless whenever day I can:

Allen Walker and Yu Kanda from D Gray Man in Kill la Kill costumes and empowering posing

Today's inktober:

artsi

I painted a portrait of fitness model Nicole Mejia.
Her body might be the reason a lot of people follow her, but personally I like her facial features the most so I ended up working on this.

Top Bottom