• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation (Vita) revealed in Game Informer, [Large Update In OP]

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Protagonist looks FUCKING FANTASTIC.

Somebody finally made me want a Vita. Now the only thing I need is a job, dammit!

Looks good to me, and I am really happy that it is not just a port of ACIII.

I haven't played AC: Bloodlines, but in the IGN review they critized the controls. Fortunately the PS Vita has two analog sticks this time, so I am really looking forward to this game!

rataven

Ubi's four for four with their lead assassin character design. Love her look; she's styled nicely and appropriate for the time period.

I must be the only one who thought Bloodlines wasn't that bad. But this new game sounds interesting, shame its coming out the same day tho.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Game will take place in "Large gameplay areas,you can run,climb,fight,and explore the entirety of New Orleans without loading a new area.
Details are promising. I hope they show this at E3.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I must be the only one who thought Bloodlines wasn't that bad. But this new game sounds interesting, shame its coming out the same day tho.

It was actually somewhat impressive technically for the PSP, but the design was just a bit poor. Still better than AC1 though :)

Screenshot looks quite amazing.

theBishop

Banned
Everything about this sounds perfect. Day-and-Date with Assassin's Creed 3, with wholly original content. That is how you do a AAA handheld game.

The only question is the developer. While their track record is uninspiring, this looks like easily the biggest game they've ever done. Maybe they've staffed up specifically for this game.

thechemist

I hope there is a Assassins Creed 3 double pack (PS3/Vita) with both games for like £60, I would buy that.

Now its time for Rockstar to unveil a GTA game for the Vita - Come on San Andreas Stories :p

StuBurns

Banned
Why are people shitting on the studio? Isn't it the people who made that launch 3DS Ghost Recon game GAF was fellating?

Yar har fiddle dee dee - she is a pirate.

Totally done with the Assassin's Creed franchise, but this is a healthy title for an ailing system, so good news.

jonno394

Looks great. I could never get in to an assassins creed game on a console but i think i could enjoy this much like i dont like console metal gears but loved mgs 3D

B.O.O.M

One thing I love about the design is that she is not sexualized at all. A good change from the usual

and also the fact that Vita has dual analog is going to be a big help

Gartooth

So am I right to assume that this is the Vita game that had the press talking? (I think it was Pachter who mentioned a big game on the Vita being revealed at E3)

Saw the screen. Looks great. Please show this at E3. I need to see some video of this now soon.

I'm pretty sure this will be at the Sony press conference. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony wheeled out a live demos of this and Assassin's Creed III PS3.

So am I right to assume that this is the Vita game that had the press talking? (I think it was Pachter who mentioned a big game on the Vita being revealed at E3)

Definitely could be. But obviously we're all hoping this is the first of many candidates.

SRidge52

Banned
I can totally see this as a testing ground for a female Assassin on the next console game. If it's well received on Vita, female Assassin CONFIRMED for AC4.

Maaseru

Banned
Two new AC games the same day? Who had this bright idea. I hope it really is not cannon because I would have to buy a Vita to play it. If it is that good I will, but it still pisses me off that we have two new games from the same franchise , on different systems, the same day. And you thought one game a year was over-saturating the series. Give us at least a month!!!

Htown

Not sure how they'd do an AC4. It's 2012, the entire story of the game series has been building toward December 2012. They're gonna finish the Desmond story and then do a bunch of spinoffs.

Unless they decide "hey we're making an entirely new story DEAL WITH IT", which is entirely possible.

Irish

Unless they decide "hey we're making an entirely new story DEAL WITH IT", which is entirely possible.

That's what they need to do. Plus, I think it would be better for them to ditch even trying to remotely stay within a historical context. Going full fiction would allow for a lot more creative freedom in the long run and result in a more interesting scenario, I think. AC set in a world design around the entire concept could be so damn amazing.

Htown

100 percent disagree on that point.

The deep (but still very fictionalized) historical contextualization is one of my favorite things about the AC franchise. You don't see that kind of stuff in games for the most part, with the exception of a few strategy franchises.

Elios83

Scans look awesome, btw if they plan to release this on the same day of AC3, I guess/hope that they're planning to make a good deal for a combo package (PS3+PSVita).

ImLibo

Judging by his Twitter and updates he's simultaneously trying to do Gears of War, BLOPS 2, and Dead Space updates on his phone, so it might be a while.
Yeah im working on the UE4 stuff first,it's a 10 page article most of it tech stuff i dont really understand.
There's also new Tomb Raider info and Dawnguard info.

Top Bottom