• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

At this point Xbox Series X games better blow everyone's minds!

Tulipanzo

Funny how likes didn’t matter until recently, what was the catalyst I wonder...? Same as power, that used to be the be all end all...

There’s a connection here I’m just not seeing it...?
The connection here being strawmen you made up.

Stats mattered, after all the Game Awards figures were plenty discussed back in December, but right now MS has generated less enthusiasm than their direct competitor. That's worth discussing.

Here's a tangentially related aside.
The discussion of "power" highlights a major failure of forums, and how they can be swayed by marketing.
The reliable info we had before release was actually fairly accurate in spots: two similarly performing hardware setups, 36 vs >50 CUs, with a much better SSD on PS5.

The problem being the whole discussion shifted to be only about TFs, a useful but far from all-encompassing metric.
It got to the point were if you wanted to highlight a given platform's advantage or feature you had to reduce it to TF. It's indicative of how many people participated in discussions without knowing much at all of tech on both sides.
Advantages in running CUs faster (ie. the thing Cerny actually talked about) or discussions on costs couldn't survive, it had to be about the TF.

On the one hand, this was inevitable given how much people wanted to talk about next-gen, but on the other, we probably could have done better and kept speculation within reason

Tulipanzo

I think it is playground that's doing it. I am not worried about the looks or the quality of the production, play ground is one of the best studios out there, however it is a far cry from the usual type of game that they normally create.

Its like writing stories, Just because your good at writing Science fiction stories does not mean your going to be a good at writing an erotic story.. The prose will still be great no doubt but it is a bit out of their comfort zone.

Saying that, their pedigree as a studio is immense, so if someone can pull it off i think it could be then.

Fingers crossed.
I'm not a Fable expert, but a quirky funny RPG being made by people who've only every made Forza Horizon sounds like trouble.
Their pedigree is impeccable, for driving games, and they've built a studio to just make more of those. It's similar to how I wouldn't want Polyphony Digital working on the next GoW.

I might just be a bit jaded from LH's closure, but it still feels crass after they were forced to work on Legends.

Vasto

Vasto Vasto

Halo Infinite - Dying IP
Everwild - Looks like SOT, Bleeding Egde yet another cartoony game built for streaming from the E/F/G team
Project Mora - A stair case in CGI
Hellblade 2 - CGI no gameplay shown
Flight Simulator - Traditionally PC
Age Of Empires 4 - Traditionally PC

If you check the stats metrics, the following games have minimal interest due to XBOX's abysmal showing/event and most are timed exclusives

The Medium
The Accent
Scorn
Call Of The Sea
Second Extinction
Bright Memory Infinite

Gears Tactics -
Didn't make NPD in XBOX's strongest territory and never showed up on any game sales chart outside of North America. Average players in the last 30 days on steam is 219

This is some high level salt right here. I am going on record now by saying that Halo Infinite will be a bigger game this holiday than all of PS5's games combined. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Sony

Nintendo
They don't get PS "no matter what", they do it because exclusives have been constantly better for years. I could buy a Xbox instead, but I need MS to make better games than Sony for at least several years, which never happened in my opinion.

I didn't say everyone gets PS no matter what, I said there is a target audience. And that audience is significantly bigger than the audience that can be swayed with better exclusives.

Tulipanzo

That's an impossible target. You simply can't expect them to win. To 'playstation' is a verb in many parts of the world, synonymous with gaming.
Let's talk about popularity. At the start of the Xbox 360/ PS3 Generation
- Xbox 360 launched a year before PS3
- Xbox 360 launched in more areas than PS3 did
- Xbox 360 was cheaper than PS3
- Xbox 360 had objectively better multiplatform games than PS3 for a good year or 2 after PS3 launched
- The PS3's worse multiplatform performances plagued enthousiast forums, creating a narrative of Sony is doomed
- Xbox 360 had an in-game XMB, while it took PS3 to get that functionality (without custom music) 1.5 years after being launched

It's highly unlikely that the advantage Microsoft had over Sony at the start of the 360/PS3 gen will ever occur again. Yet, despite all those factors, the PS3 outsold the Xbox 360 on a monthly basis worldwide.
That's why I personally think that regardless of performance differences, specs and price, the PS5 will outsell the Series X by a wide margin. It doesn't matter how good an Xbox product is, there is (and will be for the forseeable generations) a target audience that will get PS over Xbox no matter what.
That PS is more popular as a brand is well known, and I certainly don't expect them to win this gen, but MS have foregone a lot of work to make their brand grow still.

Upcoming gen, no exclusives' development and Lockhart seem like more ideas that can only appeal to people already buying their products and nobody else, for example.

Tulipanzo

This is some high level salt right here. I am going on record now by saying that Halo Infinite will be a bigger game this holiday than all of PS5's games combined. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Let me go on record to say that MS will come out with "Infinite is the most successful Halo ever" then never clarify how much it actually sold.

Last edited:

Krisprolls

Banned
I didn't say everyone gets PS no matter what, I said there is a target audience. And that audience is significantly bigger than the audience that can be swayed with better exclusives.

I disagree. Nearly everybody can be swayed with better exclusives, nobody is as loyal as you think, it just takes years, it doesn't happen overnight. It's the process of building great exclusives year after year, which Sony did and MS didn't. You reap the rewards down the road, 5 or 10 years later.

Vasto

Let me go on record to say that MS will come out with "Infinite is the most successful Halo ever" then never clarify how much it actually sold.

Microsoft does not need to say anything. Nothing speaks louder than the voice of the people. I would take Halo Infinite alone over every single game Sony showed at its conference. :messenger_sunglasses:

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
People are actually not that loyal at all, and easily switch betwen platforms.
Those initiatives are commendable, but clearly have been insufficient in making them relevant worldwide.

The way I see it, a lot of those decisions mostly benefit people who are already willing to invest a lot in XBox.
I owned an OG X1, but didn't like it that much, so why would I buy a more expensive version? Or a more expensive custom controller? Or subscribe to extra services to get games I can have on a platform I like better?
Again, these are still very good initiatives, but they don't expand to beyond your existing userbase, as we've seen this gen (MS's hardware and user counts being pretty flat).

They've desperately needed games since the late 7th gen, but their output has not improved. If anything, no exclusives for one to two years (a comment they still refuse to clarify) makes this launch already less appealing than their last, game-wise.
I understand your point, except for the last bit. I also see this as a pro-consumer move. So that people who just bought the Xbox this year won't be left behind and can still enjoy new games. But indeed they need more games. Can't wait for July

Rolla

Banned

The word Salt is often used as colloquial terms used to describe the feeling of disgruntlement. Everything I posted was factual. For instance Gears Tactics performance on steam

xYr1XD9.jpg

Que the "It was made by the L/M/N/O/P team on a budget of $0.57 max"

Last edited:

Tulipanzo

Microsoft does not need to say anything. Nothing speaks louder than the voice of the people. I would take Halo Infinite alone over every single game Sony showed at its conference. :messenger_sunglasses:
Halo 5 is the worst selling and reviewing game in the franchise. But sure, voice of the people...

Tulipanzo

I understand your point, except for the last bit. I also see this as a pro-consumer move. So that people who just bought the Xbox this year won't be left behind and can still enjoy new games. But indeed they need more games. Can't wait for July
People who both an X1 this year have 7 years of games to catch up on, plus every cross-gen third party game.
People buying an XSX will have basically nothing new at all, unless MS starts developing.

It's actually rather anti-consumer, while also putting extra-strain and limitations on devs. Add the very high likelihood last-gen versions will run poorly and it's just a nakedly bad decision to avoid losing GP subscribers.

What would have been much more pro-consumer, is supporting X1 and XSX as individual platforms with exclusive games playing to their strengths (think 3DS and WiiU). But they won't, they just refuse to support the XSX properly.

Vasto

t
The word Salt is often used as colloquial terms used to describe the feeling of disgruntlement. Everything I posted was factual. For instance Gears Tactics performance on steam

xYr1XD9.jpg

Que the "It was made by the L/M/N/O/P team on a budget of $0.57 max"

Everything you said is not factual. Also Gears Tactics is not a mmo shared world game like Sea Of Thieves, Destiny or The Division. What do the STEAM reviews say? LMAO

ZywyPL

Banned
So much "concern" in Xbox threads lately lol.

Screenshot wars of in engine trailers, really? I mean at least use R & C that actually showed gameplay and looked good.

Sony didn't set the bar very high. A long predictable and rumored Horizon 2 which looked good "in engine" but not mind blowing. Spiderman spinoff, DS remake, and R & C. The rest was third party and indies.

The only exclusive we got gameplay from was R & C. Yet nothing looked like a "mind blowing" generational leap. And all those ssd promises were all "fud". It was just fast loading that we got in the end.

MS just has to show some interesting new ips and keep their 4k/60fps word. That alone is a step in the right direction for them from this gen.

There was also GT7, which honestly other than added RT effects didn't look any different than GT:S... But anyway, regarding the 4K60 - they already do that, so all the power advantage XBX has over X1X can go into better visuals, as oppose to PS5 where some chunk of it's power went to 4K instead of 1440-1600p. In less than a month we will know if that's the case.

That's an impossible target. You simply can't expect them to win. To 'playstation' is a verb in many parts of the world, synonymous with gaming.
Let's talk about popularity. At the start of the Xbox 360/ PS3 Generation
- Xbox 360 launched a year before PS3
- Xbox 360 launched in more areas than PS3 did
- Xbox 360 was cheaper than PS3
- Xbox 360 had objectively better multiplatform games than PS3 for a good year or 2 after PS3 launched
- The PS3's worse multiplatform performances plagued enthousiast forums, creating a narrative of Sony is doomed
- Xbox 360 had an in-game XMB, while it took PS3 to get that functionality (without custom music) 1.5 years after being launched

It's highly unlikely that the advantage Microsoft had over Sony at the start of the 360/PS3 gen will ever occur again. Yet, despite all those factors, the PS3 outsold the Xbox 360 on a monthly basis worldwide.
That's why I personally think that regardless of performance differences, specs and price, the PS5 will outsell the Series X by a wide margin. It doesn't matter how good an Xbox product is, there is (and will be for the forseeable generations) a target audience that will get PS over Xbox no matter what.

All of this is 100% correct, I'd argue that some of the mentioned advantages might happen again during next-gen launch, but all of this doesn't matter/mean much - we don't have the data, Spencer/MS do, but apparently they have ~100MLN users on XBL, 10ML on GP, and no one even knows what's the revenue from PC from their games. While both consoles are nearly identical. play the same games etc. Sony and MS took completely different business approaches, where the former fully depends on the hardware sales, and the latter not so much. MS will obviously want to sell as many next-gen consoles as possible, but it's not the sole source of income anymore like it was back in the PS360 days.

The square new project was the best "real" gameplay of the event.

Of course it's square so we are gonna see the game by the end of ps5 life cycle, but still...

Ratchet looked a little better than black spiderman matter, but still not in a "wow i can't believe what i'm seeing" realm imo.
The only thing really next gen was the portal gimmick.
The square game is probably running on a PC since almost nobody had Next Gen specs and you know that square always pull this BS every Gen to show people what they are capable of, sadly nothing comes out of it, but yes i agree with you it was the only thing i liked graphically.
Concerning R & C i don't understand what are people talking about, where is that fast travel/transition ?
We haven't see anything next gen yet, we haven't see the SSD put to work yet.
The jump so far on PS5 is great, but you need healthy vision, 4K screen, and sincere mindset to acknowledge it.
Calm down buddy, "you need healthy vision 4k screen"... what are you talking about ?
Most of us didn't notice that "great jump" you're talking about, we haven't seen anything mind blowing from either Sony & MS, the games you keep mentioning are in-engine and none of it was gameplay.

GymWolf

The square game is probably running on a PC since almost nobody had Next Gen specs and you know that square always pull this BS every Gen to show people what they are capable of, sadly nothing comes out of it, but yes i agree with you it was the only thing i liked graphically.
Concerning R & C i don't understand what are people talking about, where is that fast travel/transition ?

Calm down buddy, "you need healthy vision 4k screen"... what are you talking about ?
Most of us didn't notice that "great jump" you're talking about, we haven't seen anything mind blowing from either Sony & MS, the games you keep mentioning are in-engine and none of it was gameplay.
I'm talking about ratchet entering some dimensional portal and getting out on a different location in matters of seconds, we don't have shit like this on current gen, or at least not on the same extent.

Now we have to see if this is an important gameplay feature like it was in soul reaver for example or jist a good looking gimmick.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
I'm not a Fable expert, but a quirky funny RPG being made by people who've only every made Forza Horizon sounds like trouble.
Their pedigree is impeccable, for driving games, and they've built a studio to just make more of those. It's similar to how I wouldn't want Polyphony Digital working on the next GoW.

I might just be a bit jaded from LH's closure, but it still feels crass after they were forced to work on Legends.

I totally agree with your statement.
All i can do is say i hope they deliver.

I have made statements in the past that i don't like game pass because it needs constant content to keep it fresh and i am worried that games like fable will be under extreme time constraints to meet a required deadline. I really hope this is not the case but if something will sink a game, i believe it will be this.

The game needs to be in my eyes at least a 9/10. It has everything going for it in name and team but like you said there are genuine concerns with the team being able to adapt.

If they do, its a home run. System seller and something Microsoft studios can hold up to the light and say this really shines.

If they can't, there will be a shitstorm.

Last edited:

Tulipanzo

How much did Halo 5 sell and what is the reviews score? :messenger_grinning_squinting:
Well, MS never revealed sales, but may have told Pachter is sold close to the other ones.
Looking at the distinguished competition, that puts it behind U4, Spider-Man, GoW, TloU Remastered, and HZD.
Review-wise, 84 on Metacritic with a far lower user score (6.0) than even Halo 4.

Looking at Youtube stats, its most popular trailer has fewer views than S:MM, and it's most recent is beat by H:FW too, and the other bigger titles at the Sony show.

Ultimately, it seems fairly optimistic to consider the franchise such a juggernaut, Sony has several franchises of comparable weight right now. Still, glad you're amused?

SleepDoctor

Banned
There was also GT7, which honestly other than added RT effects didn't look any different than GT:S... But anyway, regarding the 4K60 - they already do that, so all the power advantage XBX has over X1X can go into better visuals, as oppose to PS5 where some chunk of it's power went to 4K instead of 1440-1600p. In less than a month we will know if that's the case.

I forgot gt7 but then again im not into racers much, let alone sims. But its hardly worth a mention with all the pop in and less than stellar graphics upgrade. "Super fast ssd" loads in textures and no pop in right?

The concern in this thread is hilarious. No matter how perfect the XSX event can turn out, the same individuals will always talk shit.

SleepDoctor

Banned

"Healthy vision 4k screen" lmao that's meme worthy if I've ever seen something worth it 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm talking about ratchet entering some dimensional portal and getting out on a different location in matters of seconds, we don't have shit like this on current gen, or at least not on the same extent.

Now we have to see if this is an important gameplay feature like it was in soul reaver for example or jist a good looking gimmick.
I know but still, it was fast loading not seamless but you still could notice the loading, like i said probably nobody had the specs at the time of developing the game, must be made on a regular SSD, i'm sure we will see something fast in the future but as of now i felt sorry for Grand Turismo 7 they butchered it, texture popping and stuff, it looked like it was running on PS4, was it ray traced ? the quality was really bad imo, just drop RT and 4k, focus on 1440p.

Sony

Nintendo
I disagree. Nearly everybody can be swayed with better exclusives, nobody is as loyal as you think, it just takes years, it doesn't happen overnight. It's the process of building great exclusives year after year, which Sony did and MS didn't. You reap the rewards down the road, 5 or 10 years later.

You're overestimating the importance of exclusives for the masses. Outside of the UK, in Europe, a Playstation is a Fifa-box for the mainstream. And yet, when Xbox had exclusive rights to Legenaries in Fifa, it did nothing.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I know but still, it was fast loading not seamless but you still could notice the loading, like i said probably nobody had the specs at the time of developing the game, must be made on a regular SSD, i'm sure we will see something fast in the future but as of now i felt sorry for Grand Turismo 7 they butchered it, texture popping and stuff, it looked like it was running on PS4, was it ray traced ? the quality was really bad imo, just drop RT and 4k, focus on 1440p.
Dude you bash an open door with this stuff, even if it was seamless i really don't care about this "next gen immediate change of scenery" so for me wasn't even that impressive.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
People who both an X1 this year have 7 years of games to catch up on, plus every cross-gen third party game.
People buying an XSX will have basically nothing new at all, unless MS starts developing.

It's actually rather anti-consumer, while also putting extra-strain and limitations on devs. Add the very high likelihood last-gen versions will run poorly and it's just a nakedly bad decision to avoid losing GP subscribers.

What would have been much more pro-consumer, is supporting X1 and XSX as individual platforms with exclusive games playing to their strengths (think 3DS and WiiU). But they won't, they just refuse to support the XSX properly.
I disagree, but that's fine. Halo Infinite is new for Xbox One and XSX users. I believe it's a good thing that you don't need to buy a console to play, and if you do, you'll get the best version. Most of the first party games should be getting two versions of a game. One for current gen and another for next-gen. For example in case of Halo you'll see that it runs just fine on Xbox One, but it will be amazing on the XSX.

If Microsoft can get their first party up to par with the competition, have more Gamepass and a powerful console, then I say they will do quite well. Honestly though, if I was them I would focus primarily on quality first party games and exclusives at the moment.

Dude you bash an open door with this stuff, even if it was seamless i really don't care about this "next gen immediate change of scenery" so for me wasn't even that impressive.
Not you, since Cerny took the stand and revealed the SSD speed it became the new standard, i'm addressing those people who made 1+ thread a day everyday since reveal (GDC) on Gaf, i'm sure there are people that don't care about 1/2 second delay loading.

Tulipanzo

I disagree, but that's fine. Halo Infinite is new for Xbox One and XSX users. I believe it's a good thing that you don't need to buy a console to play, and if you do, you'll get the best version. Most of the first party games should be getting two versions of a game. One for current gen and another for next-gen. For example in case of Halo you'll see that it runs just fine on Xbox One, but it will be amazing on the XSX.
I believe Halo: Infinite could have been a much more impressive game had it not been forced to run on the X1.
All of their first party titles being held back by much inferior hardware is bad for consumers and devs, and only may benefit MS's shareholder reports.

Let's not forget many MS Studios title already struggle to run on an OG, I don't believe Infinite on X1 will even remotely "run just fine". Rumours even suggest it may run at 30fps.

pasterpl

One thing that I find funny, is that even though ms sold almost 50mln consoles It is still considered a failure. Yes, Sony sold almost 2x more, kudos to them, but ms pushed 50mln xboxes this gen, they also generating a decent amount of revenue (in ms case those rev. Figures are small compared to the whole company results, but 2bn a year it is not something that you walk away). This is quite good result especially when You consider that all Sony fans keep repeating that there are no games to play on Xbox, that you can play all ms games on pc, and considering the whole tvtvtv fiasco.

Reactions: FMX
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
I believe Halo: Infinite could have been a much more impressive game had it not been forced to run on the X1.
All of their first party titles being held back by much inferior hardware is bad for consumers and devs, and only may benefit MS's shareholder reports.

Let's not forget many MS Studios title already struggle to run on an OG, I don't believe Infinite on X1 will even remotely "run just fine". Rumours even suggest it may run at 30fps.
Why do you believe that? And when will you believe that this isn't the case? If Halo Infinite looks better on XSX than anything on PS5 at launch, or...?

Also what's wrong with 30fps? HZD runs at 30fps on PS4...

pasterpl

we literally seen zero of halo infinite gameplay, we know nothing about ms approach to development process of cross gen games, for all we know, the rumoured 500m Budget that halo infinite have, is Being spent partially on developing xbone version of the game Almost independently to xbsex version. I might be wrong, but you are making statements like you know all of the facts And seen this game running on xbsex and xbone.

Sony

Nintendo
Additionally, what I don't understand is why Xbox is expected to outsell PS in order to be seen as healty or a succes. I think MS realise like no other that they won't outsell Sony per unit. They've chosen their approach and their push for services. If you don't like that, get a PS5. If it's better tailored for you, get an Xbox. Honestly, the directions that Sony and Microsoft are taking their consoles are the farthers apart they have ever been, and that should make choices for people easier. Yet here we are, wanting Microsoft to be Sony and wanting Sony do to do what Microsoft does. Enjoy that you finally have a choise that goes further than which exclusives do I like most.

Last edited:

Falc67

Here:

Hellblade 2 CGI, in-engine, prerendered trailer made on anonymous hardware:

Senuas-Saga-Hellblade-2-Wallpaper-3840x2160-3-2048x1152.jpg

Horizon Forbidden West running in real-time on PS5

49995809658_9e3764c4b3_o.png
I’m PS5 all the way. I think Horizon 2 looked amazing..... BUT I hope you aren’t trying to say the horizon shot looks equal/better than that hellblade shot.

That’s the most realistic rendered face I’ve seen in gaming. Along with Zion in the NBA 2k21 Trailer.

Vasto

Well, MS never revealed sales, but may have told Pachter is sold close to the other ones.
Looking at the distinguished competition, that puts it behind U4, Spider-Man, GoW, TloU Remastered, and HZD.
Review-wise, 84 on Metacritic with a far lower user score (6.0) than even Halo 4.

Looking at Youtube stats, its most popular trailer has fewer views than S:MM, and it's most recent is beat by H:FW too, and the other bigger titles at the Sony show.

Ultimately, it seems fairly optimistic to consider the franchise such a juggernaut, Sony has several franchises of comparable weight right now. Still, glad you're amused?

That is really good because back then I think Xbox was around 25-30 million sold. If it was 5 million back in 2016 then today it is probaly close to 10 million?

Tulipanzo

we literally seen zero of halo infinite gameplay, we know nothing about ms approach to development process of cross gen games, for all we know, the rumoured 500m Budget that halo infinite have, is Being spent partially on developing xbone version of the game Almost independently to xbsex version. I might be wrong, but you are making statements like you know all of the facts And seen this game running on xbsex and xbone.
I'm operating based on how the overwhelmingly majority of cross-gen projects turn out: either very unambitious, or with embarrassing last-gen ports.
Given the major technological jump, and MS's own poor efforts in supporting the OG, I wouldn't play it on anything but Series X.

Tulipanzo

That is really good because back then I think Xbox was around 25-30 million sold. If it was 5 million back in 2016 then today it is probaly close to 10 million?
Still sold worse than all the other ones near launch, and the games I listed even at 10M (which is our best guess, because MS never gave sales figures).
Halo is a big franchise, but not "bigger than everything Sony makes combined" big. In fact it's now smaller than some of Sony's new franchises.

Last edited:

martino

Still sold worse than all the other ones near launch, and the games I listed even at 10M (which is our best guess, because MS never gave sales figures).
Halo is a big franchise, but not "bigger than everything Sony makes combined" big. In fact it's now smaller than some of Sony's new franchises.
So what are you even trying to say ?
that one of biggest license of video game selling more than 99% of all video game production even with its worst episode
cannot do as good as a new sony one if the quality and hype is there ?

are you negative for the sake of it ?
is your objective to reassure you sony balls are bigger ?
(rhetorical questions i don't need an answer)

Last edited:

Tulipanzo

Why do you believe that? And when will you believe that this isn't the case? If Halo Infinite looks better on XSX than anything on PS5 at launch, or...?

Also what's wrong with 30fps? HZD runs at 30fps on PS4...
I genuinely hope Halo looks stunning, because up until now it hasn't.
What you're failing to grasp is the additional costs for development and design limitations that go into forcing cross-gen on a big budget game, especially on a single team.
Imagine Halo had impeccable RT: it'd have to rip it out and replace it with regular light maps for last-gen.
Level design has to hide the loading of an HDD, CPU calculations can't mess up with Jaguar etc.

To be clear, I think Halo will look impressive, at the cost of a thoroughly embarrassing last-gen port. Infinite 2, will also be a much more impressive game.

60fps is an important standard for a first-person shooter franchise, and one I thought Halo would value.
It potentially dropped on last-gen is a bad sign for that port (but a good one for XSX).

PS: Thinking everyone who dislikes a MS policy is some Sony conspirabot only looking to criticize is pretty unhealthy. Like, yeah, I'd like HZD at 60fps, but it's nowhere as frantic as Halo should be, so I'm not as fussed. If GT7 were at 30, then Sony can fuck off

Last edited:

Tulipanzo

So what are you even trying to say ?
that one of biggest license of video game selling more than 99% of all video game production even with its worst episode
cannot do as good as a new sony one if the quality and hype is there ?

are you negative for the sake of it ?
is your objective to reassure you sony balls are bigger ?
(rhetorical questions i don't need an answer)
You might have missed the comment I was replying to

Which is some "my balls are bigger" rhetoric if I ever saw some.
In my post I specifically said Halo is a big franchise, but it's silly to act as if it's an otherworldly success recently; Infinite is about in line with the bigger Sony games.

Ellery

No time for console war and bickering.

I want the best games you can make with money Microsoft. You already made great choices with the Series X which looks like a PC I'd build for myself in terms of appearance and hardware.
You have Phil Spencer and now we can finally judge him based on what he did for Xbox. What he is responsible for. Phil Spencer wasn't responsible for the mess that Don Mattrick made.
But now we see the fruits of Phil Spencer (not those fruits guys) and what he was working on for the past 7 years.

Now you have to give us the games that are worthy of this console. The more the better. You have to show us true high quality games with soul and purpose.

It is all about the games now. There is nothing holding them back if they have the games that people really want.

I am extremely excited for the July event.

Sony

Nintendo

There is vastly more competition between high quality FPS games today than back in the day. I would the say the first serious competitor to Halo was COD4.

martino

You might have missed the comment I was replying to

Which is some "my balls are bigger" rhetoric if I ever saw some.
In my post I specifically said Halo is a big franchise, but it's silly to act as if it's an otherworldly success recently; Infinite is about in line with the bigger Sony games.

yes he's wrong.
But when an episode with bad press is till over 5 millions on a platform with bad press and not selling that well too.
Imagine how well an episode will sell on 3 different platforms if it is good and hyped.
Sure ,they need to show something for it to happen and it's the hard part.

Tulipanzo

yes he's wrong.
But when an episode with bad press is till over 5 millions on a platform with bad press and not selling that well too.
Imagine how well an episode will sell on 3 different platforms if it is good and hyped.
Sure ,they need to show something for it to happen and it's the hard part.
Did Halo 5 have bad press? I know most don't like it much now, but it seemed pretty hyped.
Still, Infinite should do well, I just don't believe we'll get any solid numbers from MS.

Top Bottom