• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus USA confirms Devil Survivor 2 : Break Record localisation, early 2015 in NA

L~A

Just announced by Atlus. Game will be called Record Break in English (Break Record is the Japanese subtitle).

Trailer: YouTube

Full PR:

IRVINE, Calif. - Dec. 10, 2014 - Your days are numbered. The chilling reminder that the apocalypse is upon us comes from Atlus U.S.A., Inc. and the upcoming strategy role-playing game, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker. Exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS™ handheld system, Record Breaker offers nearly double the content of the original Devil Survivor 2. The new Record Breaker content also includes fully voiced English story dialogue, giving new depth to the cast of Devil Survivor 2's original story. Record Breaker requires no knowledge of the story from the original Devil Survivor, so newcomers to the series won't lack any crucial plot information. The game will be available at retail and on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS for $49.99 in early 2015. Additional information can be found on the official website at www.atlus.com/devilsurvivor2rb

The world of Record Breaker is on the brink of non-existence. Just before the heralding of the apocalypse, when life was normal, some thrill-seekers were registering on a website that promised to deliver fake videos of their friends being killed. As people wondered what these videos could mean, an invasion began and humanity was forced to face a struggle to survive in an unprecedented catastrophe. For the main character and his friends, they stand up for humanity when the very same website uploads an application on their cell phones, summoning demons. From there, newly minted demon tamers begin the fight to survive and save the future of mankind, but the protagonist's decisions aren't without consequences. What he chooses may save the lives of his friends, or seal their fate.

For those who played the original Devil Survivor 2, the new plot expands the story by continuing the game from the ending of the original game. This continuation introduces a new character to the game, Miyako Hotsuin, but her origins are deeply shrouded in mystery. Record Breaker gives players the option of either skipping to the new content right away or playing through the original game first, suiting the needs for all experience levels.

Main features in Record Breaker include:

Tactical Combat with a Side of Demon Fusion -- The elements that make the Devil Survivor series great are back and better than ever with robust, turn-based strategic combat. Since the game is part of the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, fusing demons together to form a stronger army is back as a core mechanic!
Choose Your Own Fate -- The line between life and death is razor-thin in Record Breaker. Actions have their consequences, and in the wake of the apocalypse, a wrong choice can result in the permanent death of a character. Multiple endings present the challenge of making all the right choices at the right time.
Extra Content ATLUS is Known For -- Record Breaker expands on the original Devil Survivor 2 by nearly doubling the amount of storyline for a total of more than 100 hours of strategic game play and consuming plot, with the additional mystery of Miyako Hotsuin to unravel.
New Personalities to Discover -- For the first time, Devil Survivor 2 is getting fully voiced English story dialogue. The voiced dialogue in both the new content and the original story gives added depth in bringing the game's characters to life from ominous beginning to dramatic end.
Enhanced game play -- Record Breaker gives player characters new abilities, and the world is chock full of more demons to fuse.

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker will be available in the Americas in early 2015 for $49.99. Details on release date, and pre-order bonuses are still to come. The game received a rating of T for Teen from the ESRB. For more information, visit the official website www.atlus.com/devilsurvivor2rb[/B]

English screenshots:

1ndunx.jpg
2zvuox.jpg
3p0uzw.jpg

4x0uw8.jpg
5xvuu8.jpg
63mus7.jpg

desu2skunz.jpg

walnuts

Us Europeans should start asking for the same game to be released the same day, even if it's just digital only. I would prefer a physical release too, but digital is always better than nothing.

Atlus please!!

I held out on purchasing Devil Survivor 2 for the DS for three years just for this very moment.

Finally, I can purchase the remake day-one and enjoy it.

I didn't buy the original waiting for this. Now all I need now is a European confirmation.

Oh and EOU2
and an EU release confirmation...

Oh they put 'Shin Megami Tensei' on the title... The JP release doesn't have Megami Ibunroku on it iirc.
EDIT: Oh the original DS title have it too :lol

Wow, sooner than I expected, maybe we miserabe europeans will actually get the game next year.

Hey, Yakuza 5 is coming so miracles do happen.

Edit: damn, I've played the original but those boobs pointing upwards still bother the hell out of me.

Hooray! :D I remember the doubts! :p

So that just leaves EOU2 as for their 3DS lot in the near future? Also there's the Attack on Titan leak via OFLC (or whatever they're called now).

Zareka

YEEEEEEES

OMG. omg. omg. omg! YESSSSSS

NISA will bring this out in Europe so I am not worried, only HYPED
I just realised the game is called Record Breaker. That sucks. I want dumb broken English. Give me Break Record.
Ewwww. I've heard Break Record so much that Record Breaker sounds wrong now.

L~A

Break Record includes a second scenario said to be as long as the original one. So that's basically 2 games to localise (since they're also reworking the translation for the original storyline).

And if 50$ is really too steep for you, you can always wait a bit... Atlus games are on sales pretty much once per month.

bobohoro

Because Atlus knows it can charge its customers more.

Also, for those who haven't played it: the main story and most of the characters are terrible compared to the first game. Don't get excited.

Weaker than the first? Everyone around the age of 18 was annyoing in that game. Shame thou, since the story and gameplay were pretty good.

EU release is gonna be 2016, isn't it? :(

Top Bottom